Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Perming a Room

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by thetriadbeast, Aug 25, 2010.

1. thetriadbeast

thetriadbeast IncGamers Member

Perming a Room

So lately i've had some bad luck at transferring gear from one character to the next. I drop in a random game that seems to appear as though the people will stick around for a couple minutes to give me ample oppurtunity to sneak in, stash the stuff, and do the switcharoo to go retrieve the gear. However, people whom act afk snag the gear before I can get to it myself or the game just disappears on me. So I was wondering, is there a way to perm a room so I can transfer my gear in privacy without the hassle of people stealing it or the game going bye bye before I get back to it?

2. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Re: Perming a Room

yes, make a private passworded game and wait 5 minutes. The game will stay open for about 2 minutes after you log out and anything on the ground will remain, giving you time to switch characters.

Never transfer anything a public game unless you're fine if someone steals it. People can tell when someone's just entering their game to mule items, and they know all the spots you hide items and think you're so clever :)

Also, even if you do transfer in a public game, always look at the timestamp and never enter a game that's less than 5:00 old, or the game isn't perm.

3. thetriadbeast

thetriadbeast IncGamers Member

I actually have the cold plains wp for all of my mules. So when I try to transfer something, I usually pop over there and drop my stuff in a house or something if it's ever anything truly valuable.

Thanks though, I think. How do I check the timestamp?

4. droid

droid IncGamers Member

when you select a game from the list it says it at the top of the description, above the list of player names

5. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster IncGamers Member

Use a different wp from cold plains, very obvious one. I recommend ones such as the flayer jungle, lower kurast, etc.

6. Nefai

Nefai IncGamers Member

/time to check timestamp.

While the game does perm at 5 minutes, the timestamp does not show seconds, so wait 6 minutes to be sure. (If you created at 5:00:59 and left at 5:05:01, that's only 4 minutes 2 seconds, not 5 minutes, though you'd only see 5:00 and 5:05 in your timestamps.)

I generally leave the game and return after 6 minutes to make sure the game permed before I start throwing stuff on the ground.