Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"perm"?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by orcohol, Jun 9, 2005.

1. orcohol

orcohol IncGamers Member

"perm"?

I've heard ppl saying perming runes... what does that mean?

2. Gibby

Gibby Banned

People simply join a game and let their mules sit there for two hours, so that they can't expire. That's all.....not that exciting huh? Bah sorry I thought you said perming mules.

Gibby.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Some people believe if they enter a trade window (and put the runes into it - I'm not sure), then close (abort) it and leave the game immediately, the rune will somehow lose its ID number, not being detectable as a dupe, so it won't be deleted. I doubt that (and I don't do it), but it won't hurt, I guess..

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

nothing to be talked about on these forums though.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

As trading HRs isn't forbidden here, I see no reason to regard that technique as a hack or cheat. Anyway, I wouldn't object if the mods decide otherwise.

6. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

these perming techniques have never been proven. So I would not rely on them 100% every time you trade for a HR on bnet.

7. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

If u realy want to perm a rune put in a runeword right you trade it or uppgrade it to a higher rune (u will need 2 runes to uppgrade if HR). If u find your HR keep it! It wont poof! :D

/Dec

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

How about if one started to not accept a Jah for a Jah, but demanded 2x Ber and the correct gem instead? This wouldn't be a problem for the forge rushers out there (and definetly not the dupers....).

This may lead to Zods falling in price, tho, but aren't they actually pretty cheap compared to their rarity already?

9. tarzanell

tarzanell IncGamers Member

Yup, the trade value for zod/jah (at least on Europe where I used to play) was 5-5.5 ist, whereas ber/lo/ohm cost 6. When the new rw's came out, lo shot up to 8 ist for a while, and from what I hear, sur costs something like 4 ist.

Pretty crappy, given the real rarity of those runes, but I hear on West NL hr's cost something like ist mal, or 8 million gold or something. lol way to take the fun out of the game, you could earn 2 enigmas in a day :rolleyes:

10. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

those are perming methods that have never been proved either. Some people have had runes in a runeword poof on them. Even when you upgrade a rune, blizzard sometimes just poofs the upgraded rune as well.

11. Warmongers

Warmongers IncGamers Member

Is it true that upgrading a duped rune will cause it to poof? If so... :(

12. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I don't think anyone actually knows the mechanics of how runes poof.

They used to say runes will poof when their item id matches another in the same game. Though many people have tried this and nothing has happened.

Some have runes for months where they join and leave game with them and then suddenly poof.

Some say putting the runes in a runeword or socketing them into something will perm them but many runes have also poofed within the runeword.

Upgrading runes will perm them but again, a lot of upgraded runes have also poofed.