Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Perhaps a rare find

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Wolfedude, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Perhaps a rare find

Was running hell Eldrich a few hundred times today and was bemoaning the fact that he wasn't dropping sh*t. Then lo & behold he drops a rare bow. I usually check everything like that out (sell em for gold to gamble with if nothing else) and I find this:
    Diamond Bow
    112-150 damage
    VFAS 20IAS
    +241% ED
    +14 Maximum Damage
    +38 AR
    +7 Poison Damage over 3 seconds
    2 open sockets !!!!!

Now I am not any kind of expert on bows but will it be possible to reach 8/2 with this bow? I mean easily, not with everything impossible to find in the game. It appears that the bow is either a 0 or -10 bow to start out with. Then it has inheirently 20 ias. If you add 2 shaels you have 40 more ias. Then it is pretty easy to have an additional 30 ias from sigons and another 20 from say Highlords amulet. That's 110 ias right there. Maybe you will need Goldwrap for additional ias but this is not too hard to achieve.

Am I wrong or is this a pretty damn good bow?

2. senji

senji Banned

the bow is not bad
    but the problem is bowazons aren't very viable in hell

3. Slash

Slash IncGamers Member

Not much value, becuase of how bad bowzons are in hell but it is a good wepon. Just cause no one will trade for it doesnt mean its crap. With that kind of speed, and still having flexible gear i say its a keeper.

4. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

I keep seeing people say "bowazons suck in hell and blah blah " i quested my hybrid using strafe 98% of the time through almost all of hell solo w/o any trouble.

5. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Are you playing a different game than most of us? Sorry to come off like that, but my Strafezon using a Goldstrike could not kill Thorned Hulks in A3 Hell in a 4 player game because they were regenerating life faster than I could damage them. I repeat, I strafed 4 quivers of arrows on a pack of monsters unable to kill them. That's when I retired her.

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Her gear was 4/5 of Mavs set ( bow/belt/armor/gloves ) and used a might merc and like i said had no problems anywhere. It s no Goldstrike but then again even in 09 GS couldnt really cut it in hell

7. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Goldstrike Arch was a wonderful weapon in 1.09 if used correctly. With its massive damage to demons it was very viable in act 5 hell runs. My amazon couldn't kill well with 8 player cows with that bow, but in decent player games in act 5 she would shine. However, since it was 1.09 everyone and their dog had a Windforce, so.. all other bows weren't as good... but some were still very nice. For instance, Witchwild String was a GREAT cowing bow.

Lucky

8. jsiv

jsiv IncGamers Member

Agreed, I got my 09 Goldstriker to 99 and she killed great anywhere in the game. The Chaos Sanctuary was a joke with all the undead and demons that are there. Not to meantion boss kills. Guided bug + huge demon damage (I used LoH as well for insane damage to demons).

Even 8 player cows was not a problem - and I DID do a lot of those on the way :p

9. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

I can see what you mean, but please consider the difference in monster regeneration when soloing and when playing with more people in a game. The difference is quite amazing. Then again, I had no psn damage on her, which could be an option to pmh. If I find the time, I might build another strafezon or maybe a magezon, just for the fun of it.

10. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

I blame my old age for forgetting what a great questing bow GS was , i should have remembered i quested many a zon using GS from 42 till mid 70s

11. Mcsaladshaker

Mcsaladshaker IncGamers Member

meh I seem to be the only one that wasn't in love with goldstrike in 1.09

12. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Back on topic.. that bow is nice, but not nearly as good as an upgraded WWS.

13. Slash

Slash IncGamers Member

but alot more uniqe...and sice i dont know what a WWS even looks like i think its safe to say that it suxorz...majorly

Am i the only one who still has a wierd fetish for the kuku?...im sry i cant hold back my love for 1.09 or 1.10 chars with that bow in hell.

14. senji

senji Banned

upgraded wws is probably the best way to go with bowazons unless you can find something better and more damaging

15. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

I am willing to believe that the WWS may be better upgraded but I just don't think that it will compare damage wise with the rare one. I also don't believe that it will compare with the rare speedwise because of the inheirent 20% ias.

16. nebby

nebby IncGamers Member

Err, uhh, 112-150 damage? Even if you were at 8/2, thats just gonna not cut it with a lot of hi HP monsters in multiplayer hell games, unless you can back it up with a lot of charm damage. Although, it is really fun to be an arrow-hose in some areas of the game, even if you are stuck in NM. Its all about the fun, no?

17. senji

senji Banned

there are only a few bows that a viable in hell with mutiple players

eagle horn
    windforce
    botd bow
    and wws upgraded to diamond its got deadly strike and amplfy to make up for the low damage

unless you can find something like...
    rare matriachal bow
    400%+ ed
    + max damage
    +max damage per level
    30 ias
    % to cast ampfly
    2 sockets

all other bows are crap unless you got damage ias and amplify

if you think bowazons are still good in 1.10 try to solo dc on 8 player games

18. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

"if you think bowazons are still good in 1.10 try to solo dc on 8 player games"....... is there a character build out there that could solo DC in a 8 player game?

@Ventilator when i said i solo'd , i should have added an asterix. The way i quest is i join a game and do what quests i can in that game, for example ill do andariel quest even if its closed then ill create a game and do it again for the quest. It just takes some patience but it can be done and you dont need wf/eagle/botd to do it

19. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

This is the most ludicrous statement I have ever seen. How many builds can actually solo DC in an 8-player game? How many builds are viable in 1.10 Hell? I think you'll find the answer to the latter question to be just a tad bit higher. Soloing DC in an 8-player game is in no way a measure of a character's effectiveness. DC was designed to be impossible to solo in an 8-player game. Try to think of pretty much the most popular low-budget PvM build of 1.10 right now... the Skellymancer. How many Skellymancers out there can even solo DC in a 1-player game? Not many. Does that mean the build sucks and is not good? Absolutely not. The simple fact that it's so popular as a low-budget build attests to the strength of the build itself rather than the gear used to make it work.

I hate bowazons in 1.10 just as much as most people, but your statement here was so ridiculous I couldn't hold back.

20. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Kirsty, an Amazon Forum veteran and All-Things-Amazon-Guru, loved Kuko all through 1.09.. I doubt her mind has changed.

Lucky