Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Perfectionist? or not.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sighoth, Aug 3, 2010.

1. sighoth

sighoth Banned

Perfectionist? or not.

Ok i have this theory, i think half the community are like me, and half like a friend, Maybe im the only one.

Ok, i have a hammerdin, usual gear nothing special, he can solo anything in the game without trouble wuhu! his hoto is 35 cta is 5 bo enigma isnt 15% ed ect ect, now i seem to laugh to myself when people will pay say 5 ists for a hoto 39 and 10 for a 40, thats an example, a bad one i know, but i hope you get the idea, i like taking advantage of this, ill buy low hoto's / botd's / Cta's for a very cheap price, or ill use for alts, my CTA for example is 5 bo, i wont lie, 6 would be nice, but its not essential.

My shako is 140, yet i had a good laugh at a pala the other day, he needed a shako it did say perf in the game, and i forgot 141 is perf, i think he was offering somthing like ist mal, i said he could have my shako for mal, But he insisted it had to be perfect, what diffrence does 1 misely defense make, i just cant understand it, Ok, you have a perfect helm, that noone but ureself will see if ure using, And you paid 2,3 maybe even 4 times the trade value for it.

I will admit, on some items, take arreats for example, the life leech is important and you want the best for it, But thats going to help you, 1 defense isnt that much.

1 more exmaple, i traded a perf andys today, and i like to think i got a good deal, i traded for a 9%/27 strength, + mal um pul, my merc doesnt need the strengh, and 1 lifeleech isnt gamebreaking, But again i think the buyer just wanted it perf.

On a final not, are you a perfectionist? or are you like me, aslong as its not going to change ure game, ull settle for medium gear. and make nice profits ;).

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Re: Perfectionist? or not.

I'm very far from a perfectionist, but I only play PvM where pretty much any stats will do.

3. sighoth

sighoth Banned

ye thinking about it i guess most perfectionists are pvpers, makes sense to me anyways.

4. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

I love selling perfect stuff or high stuff and using stuff with slightly lower stats and making a lot of wealth off people's need for perfection.

I personally don't give a rip.

5. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

Oh yes. Like a 775 defense and 774 defense enigma...
    I have seen people paying a lot just for a extra defense.

6. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

And defence is ultimately an useless stat...

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If variables don't have a great effect, I don't care at all about perfect items, but I take care that e.g. valuable runes or jewels go into items with a matching value. For example, if I have an IK barb, I wouldn't socket the weapon with anything beyond shael or plain IAS jewels, as long as I don't have one with 40% CB.

I love finding perfect items, however, they sell for a lot more than I would ever pay for an additional 1% :azn:

I only care about perfect skill allocations. Stats should be as close to the optimum as possible, but I can surely live with wasting 10 str points e.g. because I didn't have an Annihilus when I used the last respec reward.

8. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

But for someone 1 defense means couple of high runes :p

9. StrikexForce

StrikexForce IncGamers Member

the difference in price is not worth it for a perfect item.

10. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

I agree that there's a difference between skill allocations and fussing over a 775 vs a 774 enigma.

11. simpe

simpe IncGamers Member

I have a pretty highleveled hammerdin with top notch gear, and when you reach a certain point (atleast myself) you just find yourself wanting that extra defense in that shako.

Have like 1 or 2 perf items, but aiming for full perf gear! :D