Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

perfecting my hammerdin for pvp

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by kooshball, Jun 12, 2005.

1. kooshball

kooshball IncGamers Member

perfecting my hammerdin for pvp

hey guys
    i made a new paly and here're the stats so far. skip down if you're not interested.

level 87

20 in BH
    20 in vigor
    20 in conc
    20 in blessed aim
    1 in holy shield
    with 10 points remaining

shako
    enigma breast plate
    hoto/hoz
    call to arm/lidless for bo
    arachinid
    seraph (dont have mara atm)
    rare ring fcr +resist +dex.
    rare ring +fcr 15dex +life+mana
    natayla's boots (mostly for resist, lookign to change)
    ik gaunt

i have 2xraven, wisp protector, rising sun and magefist when dueling

stats, base str (145 with item) base dex (102) and everything into vit. still have 110 points remaining.

after bo, i have 2700 life and 1177 mana. after holy shield 7100 defense and 48% blocking. my BH with conc does 10k damage. max resist in hell. remember i have a lot of stats point unused

after couple dueling games, the only people that gaev me problems were ga amazons. so im looking for an alternative to beat them.

i was lookign into smite but dont really knwo what to do with that. i tried with a friend using ethethethethber runemaster, famine zerk and astreon, all of them were too slow. even when im right next to him, the zon manages to get out more than 40% shots when i hit him. so say i smite him 10 times, he can shoot out 4 times and almost kill me. is there anyway to fix this? anyone got a good guide for smiters?

i also have 110 points unused. im wondering if i shoudl pump dex to get 30% more block rate or more into vit.

thx a lot

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

you need some more fcr. Get rid of those ik gauntlets for magefists or trang gloves. Remember that 120% fcr is the ideal fcr for pvp dueling.

As for the stat points, get enough dex for max block with holy shield, then the rest in vitality.

3. kooshball

im not able to get 120% without sacrificing too mcuh. 40 hoto+ 2x10 rings + 20 archinid = 80. with 20 more from magefist that's 100. the cutoff is at 80 and 120. no way i'll make it unless i sacrifice +2 skill points from shako for a circlet. worth it?

edit: according to http://dpw.bounceme.net/block_calc.html

i only need 45 more dex to max 75% block. seems like i should

4. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Why would you be sacrificing + skills if you use a fcr circlet? Just use a circlet with 2 to pally skills and 20% fcr. Also your dmg seems a little low. What charms are you using? As for your remaining stat points, put enough dex to get max block and rest in vita. That should help you stay alive alot longer. Also what are your tactics when dueling against zons?

5. Magikc

Magikc Banned

how to beat bow zon

Bow zon is very easy for good equiped paladin(hammerdin too). Put on grief(in pb for fast atack), ss(for dr), shako(for dr) and eventually reven(for max block). Use charge + vigor to go close to her, then smite+vigor. U will beat every zon without problems even with 1 base lvl(corz skillers is a must) smite using this tacitc. gl hf :)

6. kooshball

right i forgot about the +skills from circ. i guess time to start gambling. my damage is only 10k becuase im only using 1 +offensive charm. rest of them add to 177 life 53 fhr and 310 mana.
    against zons i usually try to zig zag tele around them and try to get close from behind them to cast bh. and if they get a lock on me then tele out and in again. doesnt work very well...

is the weapon speed what affects smite? so grief pb would give me the best smite speed? because now even if i get into smite lock, the zon can shoot out ga and my smite damage is pretty ****ty so i usually die.

7. kooshball

holy **** i just tried out grief pb with hoz, it's insane... any better shield i shoudl get?

8. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

put rest of pts to holy shield or charge

9. kooshball

the thign is, i use charge only to move. and holy shield doesnt add barely anythign to block % with skill up after 17ish. im almost at max block anyways.

10. aznbboi16

aznbboi16 IncGamers Member

125%FCR is the fastest cast bp, not 120%. IMO desync charging is more effective than tele/hammer, in which case 75%FCR should be enough for most duels.

If you're not going to dump the rest of your points in Holy shield for a bit more %block and defense, then I would put 1 into each resist aura (they add to your max resist and stack), 1 into salvation (when you face multiple opponents and need to stack resists), 1 into meditation, and the rest into prayer for the healing synergy.

Or you could just get 1 pt salvation, 1 pt meditation and rest in prayer.
    Should probably get 1 pt meditation either way. It is helpful for when you run out of mana.

Vs zons, chargelock/smite with your grief pb. Charge will be pretty strong with a grief and if she stops your charge with a block or dodge, follow up with smite.

Definitely pump dex for max block, and stick the rest in vit.

I'd get a pair of 65 life waterwalks to replace those nat boots. The +max fire resist is handy, and the dex is good for reaching max block too. If you need faster hit recovery, I'd recommend a pair of sandstorm treks.

I see you have 80%FCR without magefists, so I would recommend a pair of Bloodfists (30%FHR, 40 life) for gloves, unless you are aiming for 125%FCR.

11. kooshball

block is now maxed with ik gaunts and my friend's marrowalk (17dex) im looking for some waterwalks atm.
    i think ik gaunts are better than bloodfist since it adds 20dex which = 20vit = 60 life. i dont think i can make the 86%fhr cut off anyways, i can do 48% just fine. http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/Paladin.htm

what do you guys recommend against bone spirit necros?

12. aznbboi16

Well, if you choose to go with ik gloves, you will be stuck with them or you will lose max block. For instance, say you want to get 125 FCR vs a zon or some melee char. You can't use magefists or you lose a lot of block. With bloodfists, you can switch out to any other gloves you want because you aren't relying on any stats.

30 fhr is always handy because you can switch out fhr charms for life charms too. That more than makes up for the 20 life difference between bloodfists and ik gauntlets.

Choice is yours though.

For this character, I'd go bloodfists over ik gauntlets anyday.

You could also take a point and stick it in fanatacism for when you need to smite. That way you will smite at 6fpa instead of 7.

13. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

can a specialized hammerdin smite? well, ofc he's able to. i mean, any good reason for smiting for "zero" damage?

14. kooshball

charge/vigor then smite/vigor is only used against zon atm for me. it does enough damage that i can kill most zons before i die. very few zons have both high life and high damage AND on top of that fast shooting speed. so i usually out last them, espeacially since now i have max block and the fastest possible smiting weapon grief pb

15. kooshball

i like your suggestion. i went with the bloodfist, and changed my fhr charms to +life sc and now with 48fhc, i have 2020 life, 3.4k or something with bo. which is awesome.

and i managed to get waterwalk, now all i need is mara and a good circlet.

16. kooshball

we can't edit here?

btw one more question, im using hoz/hoto and switching to grief/hoto when dueling zon. should i get another hoz so i can have hoto+hoz switch grief+hoz?
    or is there better shield?

17. aznbboi16

You can only edit posts up to 1 hour after posting it here.

In this case, I would stick to regular HoZ to maintain max block. Since you won't have enough str for upped HoZ, a low str eth exile (sacred targe/rondache) would do more damage, but they lack the +%Block that an HoZ has.

18. kooshball

ok so i'll get another hoz for hoto+hoz/griefpb+hoz then
    thxx