Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Perfect Skull = Pgem?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CoolguyBad, May 3, 2008.

1. CoolguyBad

CoolguyBad IncGamers Member

Perfect Skull = Pgem?

Simple question here I wasn't sure about...I know pgems are worth something on ladder, but I wasn't sure if perfect skulls were also considered perfect gem (Like, if someone asked for 40 pgems, i could include skulls).

2. LouisLeGros

LouisLeGros IncGamers Member

Re: Perfect Skull = Pgem?

skulls are generally as valuable as diamonds, topaz, emeralds, and saphires... some times a little more if you can find the right person.

Rubies & Amethysts are generally word 2Pgems because they are in high demand by crafters.

3. CoolguyBad

Oh damn, really? I've been treating them all the same too. Thanks for the reply!

4. LouisLeGros

no problem

Personally I use all my non rubies & amethyst for rolling grand charms and I'm saving those for trading. I will probably trade for more pgems to roll grand charm and still won't roll a decent skiller :tongue:

5. Burn To Burn

Burn To Burn IncGamers Member

what do you mean by rolling grand charms?

6. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

There is a cube recipe that gives you the possibility to random change the mods on a magic item - that every item with a blue name. If you look at what magic items are interesting, you're stuck with charms - nearly all other magic items are outshone by rares, uniques or runewords.

The idea of rerolling grand charms is to get a skiller - +1 to a certainly skill tab - in combination with high life - +41 is possible. If you get a paladin combat skiller with 45 life, you have a gold mine. Problem with rerolling charms is that the chance are slim and the grand charms has to be one from baal, diablo or nichaktat - dude for act 5 q 4.

Note that perfect skulls can be used to reroll rare items, for some reason, no-one is doing this.
    For more fun cube stuff, have a look here.
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

7. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Because anything other than a Diadem (or maybe a Coronet) are not worth rerolling. The item level drops, generally. There's also the fact there are too many variables to be good for it to be worth something.

8. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

AnimeCraze, however, consider this:

A rare item can have up to 6 affixes (4 for jewels). If you reroll items which do not drop below a certain alvl no matter ilvl (I'm talking Diadems here), you will always have good chances of getting something decent. Also, the price to reroll rares is only twice that of rerolling magic's. Therefore, for about twice the buck, you have a pretty good chance of getting some very good bang.

Also, it is possible to reroll rare jewelery that you get from high-level sources (Baal/Diablo/Nihlathak, Area lvl 85, etc.) once or twice before it becomes too low ilvl to get decent mods. I mean, who doesn't like a second chance at getting that sweet ring with 10 FCR/+str/+dex/resists?

9. benedictarnold

benedictarnold IncGamers Member

psapphires are sometimes considered as 2 also, theyre widely used for crafting

10. CoolguyBad

Alright, so let me get this straight...

Sapphires (sometimes), rubies and amethysts are worth 2 p gems.
    Everything else, including skulls, is worth 1 p gem.

So if someone asked for 40 pgems for a pul, I can trade 20 rubies OR 20 amethysts for it?

11. benedictarnold

benedictarnold IncGamers Member

psaphs, prubies, and pamys are not considered 2 pgems by everyone, u have to ask them if they will take it for 2 or not....but most do

12. LouisLeGros

I've never really seen many people in search of saphires so I just use em for rolling my ilvl50 grandcharms.

Just got my forth necro summoning GC on the river of flames today :), haven't had much luck rolling lately. I just got a bunch of gems though (14 hell forges).

13. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

The only people who want pammys and rubies and will value them at 2pgems are people who craft, most people don't craft that much so they don't value them differently.

14. LouisLeGros

or save them for when you find a crafter, non crafters won't care what gems they are getting if they are buying in large quanities.

You wouldn't sell a $2000 bottle of wine for the same price as a $10 one because people can't tell the difference.

15. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

AFAIK most people count pamy's differently, as it is easy enough to trade it off as 2 as well.The same doesn't hold for rubies, though.
    Well, how many good mods are needed before a diadem is considered good? I say at least 2 (FCR and +skills, generally). This probably yields to a lower chance than that of rolling 1 mod on a charm.