Perfect Cheap Weap for IG?

DaemonAkuma

Diabloii.Net Member
Perfect Cheap Weap for IG?

After a discussion earler this month where a fellow forum member stated the obvious fact that if an IronG ever died I could just summon a Gumby to replace him I decided to experiemtn with Iron a bit.

I found this unique ogre maul and made an Iron G out of it. He has now lived through countless mf/key runs, and 2 uber trists.

The item? Windhammer Ogre Maul. 50%CB and 33% lvl22 Twister for stun. I have to admit, I truly am humbled. The best part? The item is non-expensive (I've found 2 more since that 1 and am keeping them in case this one dies at uber meph or something). Just wondered if anyone had any comments or other good cheap weapons to suggest. The only other ones I know are ribcracker, bonesnap, and (of course) the IK maul.

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Anything with CB, really...

Most of the mauls that I can think of are pretty good for making Iron Golems.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
ALL of the old good uniques (the ones that were superceded by runewords and no one wants anymore) are PERFECT for iron golems, every time I find a new kewl little maul or axe that I dont need, I make rusry out of it, and run around a bit with a cool damage dealing golem until he eventually dies either to IM or in duels. Rusty is my favorite golem, its just I only summon him when I have something that is worthy of his name :laugh:

Bogie,

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
i IG'd an eth lw cb once (some guy dropped it in a "drop game" right before that i was using an IG coh. (from same game!) i have to say, that IG never died till i deleted the char (no cost to me either.)

Fists of War

Diabloii.Net Member
Yep IK mauls are always mentions, and for good reason. I installed a drop mod for single player just to mess around with IG...Found Rattlecage (unique gothic plate) It has 25% CB, okay defence for keeping rusty alive and hit causes monsters to flee 40%. Monsters run away from him and he has cruching blow...all in a cheap low lvl unique :)

zarakon

Diabloii.Net Member
would he gain the extra attack speed from IK maul too?

also, does IG take properties from runes/gems socketed into the item?

Pooshy

Diabloii.Net Member
Black 3 Socket Clubs/Hammers/Maces Thul + Io + Nef +120% Enhanced Damage
40% Chance Of Crushing Blow
+200 To Attack Rating
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage - Cold Duration 3 Seconds
+10 To Vitality
15% Increased Attack Speed
Knockback
Magic Damage Reduced By 2
Level 4 Corpse Explosion (12 Charges)

Honor 5 Socket Melee Weapons Amn + El + Ith + Tir + Sol +160% Enhanced Damage
+9 To Minimum Damage
+9 To Maximum Damage
25% Deadly Strike
+250 To Attack Rating
+1 to All Skills
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
Replenish Life +10
+10 To Strength
+1 To Light Radius
+2 To Mana After Each Kill

Malice 3 Socket Melee Weapons Ith + El + Eth +33% Enhanced Damage
+9 To Maximum Damage
100% Chance Of Open Wounds
-25% Target Defense
-100 To Monster Defense Per Hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+50 To Attack Rating
Drain Life -5

Steel 2 Socket Swords/Axes/Maces* Tir + El 20% Enhanced Damage
+3 To Minimum Damage
+3 To Maximum Damage
+50 To Attack Rating
50% Chance Of Open Wounds
25% Increased Attack Speed
+1 To Light Radius

Strength 2 Socket Melee Weapons Amn + Tir 35% Enhanced Damage
25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+20 To Strength
+10 To Vitality

Does the Replenish life mod work for IG's?

What about the "Repairs xx after xx seconds"

zarakon

Diabloii.Net Member
I found this unique ogre maul and made an Iron G out of it. He has now lived through countless mf/key runs, and 2 uber trists.
at what skill levels for IG/GM?

another question.. if you summon it with a skill shrine effect, does it retain those higher stats forever?

Lyrs

Diabloii.Net Member

another question.. if you summon it with a skill shrine effect, does it retain those higher stats forever?
i leave mine at lvl 1. anymore is usually a waste unless you want to build a golemancer.

and yes, stats will stay if you raise it at a high lvl.

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member

If your want your rusty to survive better then add some points into GM
As for pre-buf rusty, it works. However, each time you join a game it is respawned; therefore the states depends on +skill you have the moment you join a game.

DaemonAkuma

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh well now that is interesting. Thank you Hyko I had no idea it was re-spawned...now I'll remember to equip my +skill gear b4 I quite a game lol

Apoptosis

Diabloii.Net Member
Lawbringer makes a pretty afforable golem if your on ladder. amn + lem + ko in a sword , hammer or scepter.

20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Decrepify On Striking
Level 16-18 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped (varies)
-50% Target Defense
Adds 150-210 Fire Damage
Adds 130-180 Cold Damage
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
+200-250 Defense Vs. Missile (varies)
+10 To Dexterity
75% Extra Gold From Monsters

KavikKang

Diabloii.Net Member
After a discussion earler this month where a fellow forum member stated the obvious fact that if an IronG ever died I could just summon a Gumby to replace him I decided to experiemtn with Iron a bit.

The item? Windhammer Ogre Maul. 50%CB and 33% lvl22 Twister for stun. I have to admit, I truly am humbled. The best part? The item is non-expensive (I've found 2 more since that 1 and am keeping them in case this one dies at uber meph or something). Just wondered if anyone had any comments or other good cheap weapons to suggest. The only other ones I know are ribcracker, bonesnap, and (of course) the IK maul.
Yes, another maul, I know someone who is a huge fan of making Iron Golems out of BoneSnap. He has like 2 mules full of BoneSnap Mauls just for making golems, haha.