Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

perf gear for trapsin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by BurntWaffle, Sep 25, 2006.

1. BurntWaffle

BurntWaffle IncGamers Member

perf gear for trapsin

I would like to hear a few peoples thoughts on the perfect gear for a lightning trapsin so i can go and get it all. dont bother mentioning trap gcs because i cant afford to fill my inventory with them. Any other ideal charms would be nice though.
    Thanks

2. jag

jag IncGamers Member

hmmm little hard to suggest 'perfect gear' if even the +trap gcs are not affordable. Every thing else i could list for 'perfect' gear costs as much or alot more....

Lightning trapper is dependant on 2 things -- high +skills to increase damage and some method of breaking light immunes in hell. Both are expensive.

Are you playing multiplayer or solo?

3. BurntWaffle

im playing multiplayer. also i failed to mention this is PvP and i will most likely be getting rushed the entire way. Now as far as i know decent skill GC's are some outrageous amount of hrs (correct me if i am wrong). Now i can afford a lot of things and may have most of them all ready. to give you an idea of what i can afford i have approx. 10-15 hrs.
    hope this helps in your judgement

4. jag

jag IncGamers Member

hardly perfect, but here is what i am wearing:

shako um'd
    maras
    soj
    bulkathos
    enigma
    arachnids
    magefist
    waterwalks
    +3 trap, + 3 lightning sentry claw socketed with 2 shaels
    +2 trap, +2 lightning sentry, +1 blade shield, +1 shadowmaster claw

on switch call to arms and lidless wall (not enough strength for spirit shield)

9 light gcs, anni, torch, 9 life/mana/fhr small charms

merc has infinity, fortitude, eth vamp gaze....

some better gear to look for -- helm with 2 assy skills 20 fcr, str, 15+ all res
    -- second stone of jordan -- boots probably should be eth treks -- life/fhr 2nd mods on gcs -- and second claw could also have +6 total to light sentry too

hope that helps

5. BurntWaffle

ahh yes thanks. I just came in control of a claw similar to yours ( +2 traps, +3 to lightning sentry) i think those are the mods on it. just got a 29 maras for 8 hrs :).

6. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

You spend 8 HRs on Maras, but don't equip trap skillers? Wow, the economy is completely screwed. You'd do better with a Metalgrid and 4 trap skillers.

7. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

On west ladder you could have gotten a low mara, 9 skillers and still had change from those 8hrs

8. MeGs

MeGs IncGamers Member

4 sissycore get a godly trap skill weapon and a trap sheild that does 3 to all traps.........

9. BurntWaffle

haha taker easy guys...no need to get your panties in a bunch.
    ive got 2 claws with +3 to traps and +3 to lightning sentry.
    -maras
    -dual soj
    -nigma
    -um'd 139def shako
    -arachs
    -eth treks
    -perf chancies cause i like my mf
    And just so you dont crap your drawers i rounded up 5 skillers and a 15/16 torch.

10. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

errr... trap shield? don't you mean claw?

11. leeloo

leeloo IncGamers Member

MF for PVP?

12. SirBeetle

SirBeetle IncGamers Member

it's the new craze, sometimes people drop sojs if your mf is high enough and you're wearing nagel and manald heal rings.

13. Murderya

Murderya Banned

Wait, I'm not supposed to PvP with skullders, chancies, war travs, gheed's, nagels, 40 mf ammy? No wonder people have been calling me a noob lately :)

Are you on East, West or Europe? Ladder or Nonladder? As far as I know you trap skillers are the cheapest skillers around. The assassin torches are cheap too. I can see people already listed the gear. Good luck on finding soj's in pvp :wink3:

14. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Every tried shopping for Curse, Druid Summoning or Barb Combat GCs?

Anyway, I too am a proponent of dual claws. Just I prefer 2sin claws over 3 trap claws, to boost your Mind Blast, Claw Block, Fade, etc.

Anyway, what was listed earlier was very good gear, but here is my opinions of the optimal.

2 sin/20 fcr/other mods circlet (2x Shael).
    Enigma
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Magefists (Because Fire blast is cool) otherwise Trangs for the resists.
    2 x 2sin/3ls claws, Main hand has 40ias and 2x 15all res/ias jewels, off-hand has a mod of choice and 2x 15 all res/7 fhr jewels.
    Eth Treks/ Fhr/resists boot (must have 20% fhr)
    2 x SOJ
    2 sin/fcr/ other mods Ammy (or Mara's and a FCR ring)

1x Trap/FHR gc
    8x Trap/Life gcs
    Torch
    Anni
    Res/Life scs

This gear nets huge +skills (+6 all, +11 sin, +9 Traps, +6ls), decent resists, 86% FHR, 65% FCR, speed in order to use fade, etc.
    Ideally 9 points would go in weapon block for 60% block with BC.

Anyway, that is perfect and well outside your 15HR budget, but eh.

Laz

15. jag

jag IncGamers Member

The more expensive parts of the equipment laz and i are suggesting -is the helm and the gcs.

The 2 sin/20fcr helm with decent mods on it like high res, str, or dex can go for astronomical prices. Even a crap one will start at hr -- with decent mods can be 5-20 hr or more on east ladder

The gcs plain are um - with fhr 5 to ? hr each-- with 30+ life 4 to ? hr each. 40+ life will be 15 hr or more each!!

Claws hopefully you can shop or find decent enough -- good ones on the market for a pure trapper can be insanely priced.

total cost on 'perfect gear' could well be over 200 high runes if you trade for it all. You would be the luckiest guy on the planet to find it all yourself :)

The faster hit recovery was what i left out of my description of gear -- very important to even try to dual high res ww barbs. Maxing ls out to 14k can make fhr less needed since killing will be quick. But facing an absorbing opponent you will need the fhr to survive hits on yourself while your traps wear them down

--I have dueled with mf gear on before -- nothing better than nailing someone and having them want to see gear. Its like kiiling them twice LOL