Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

People need to learn to drive.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by London, Jan 31, 2004.

1. London

London IncGamers Member

People need to learn to drive.

Its been awhile since I've posted here, good to be back. I've been really busy with work, school and just life in general. As of 2 weeks ago, I got in ANOTHER accident, I was turning onto the freeway, and the lady coming toward me never slowed down, when I had the right-of-way. My back passenger tire is messed up, and I cant drive it, I'll have 'er back in about a week.

The stupid part is, the officer said it was MY FAULT for the accident, I had a greenlight, and a green arrow, meaning I was 100% legal to go. I haven't gone to court yet to contest it, but you can bet your kids I am. The reason I'm so mad about this is, it sucks that my car is down for awhile, but the worst part is my insurance rates are going to go up. I already pay close to 4k a year for full coverage on a '94 Civic Coupe, I can barely afford it as is.

Okay, now for the main point of this post... Since I dont have a car currently, my brother has to cart me around. This morning he told me "I gotta go into work to get my check, and my W2" I'm like okay, no biggie. As we were driving to his work, some guy cut right accross is lane of traffic, my brother slammed on his brakes and came inches from smashing into the guys back passenger tire (the same place I was hit).

I told my brother to go after him, he thru it in reverse, and the guy pulled over. I got out of my brothers car as fast I could, I walked fiercly over the guys door, he got out and I just laid into him. I got right in his face and yelled several profanities at him, telling him to learn how to die or he was gonna kill himself, or another. The kid (yes, kid) then said "I have your license plate #" I'm like "Great, we didnt do anything *******". We then drove away, angry and shocked. People need to learn how to drive.

2. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

You need to learn how to control your temper, there was no excuse to harass the other driver like that. Second--with all these accidents you've been getting into, ever think that maybe, just maybe it isn't a coincidence? Maybe its you.

3. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

A couple of points. First, I'm down with the _Kow in that I think that someone who has been driving for under 3 (?) years isn't in any position to make claims about how everyone else sucks. The reason your insurance is high is because you're a dude, you're young and you get in wrecks.

Secondly, when it snows in the greater Seattle area, no one can drive. They're just not used to it and the hills in Seattle proper don't help. Ah, the storm of 1988, that was funny.

Third, you went after a guy? Remember the guy on the West Seattle freeway who did that and got shot a couple years ago? Not real smart.

Anyway, I'm glad you're ok and I hope your baby comes back all neat and clean like you like it

4. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

You were out of line. Laying into him was a stupid and immature thing to do. What disturbs me more is that you seem proud of it. Screaming profanaties at another driver accomplishes nothing. You're lucky he wasn't a gun-toting psycho.

5. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

I'm not saying you're a bad driver, but I think it's interesting that no one considers themselves to be bad drivers.

6. masterazn

masterazn Banned

jdawg is correct.

7. Lone_C

Lone_C IncGamers Member

There are tons of bad drivers out there. You just have to drive EXTRA defensively. And letting road rage take the best of you is never good.

8. Maverikk

Maverikk IncGamers Member

Yeah, I'm sure you were showing some really elite skills when you almost plowed down those two little kids as they were coming home from school.

Anyway I don't drive. I did so terrible on the tests I'm very sure that if I got on the road I'd kill myself and maybe blow up a hospital in some freak accident.

Oh, I'm reminded when I put my Dad's truck in park while on the highway because I mistook it for the turn signal...yeah, no driving for me. Maybe I'll move to New York where I can rely on funny smelling cabs.

9. Deramhus

Deramhus Banned

Heh, this thread really didn;t go the way you intended it to. If I was the Kid, I would went straight to the police reported you for road rage ...... anyone who gives me **** (my fault or not) I will **** them about in whatever way i can. You can't diss on people like that (and also shows weak character in my opinion).

10. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I'm a bad driver, somewhere between Hans Moleman and Chris Farley in Billy Madison

and as for a verbal confrontation, you weren't even driving, but you decided to go rip some guy a new ***hole, which really isn't necessary, regardless of how terrible a driver he is there is no need to resort to profanity the instant you confront them.

11. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

You would go to the police because some guy yelled at you? Get real. It was a stupid, immature thing to do, but it is also a stupid thing to go to the police about.

12. masterazn

masterazn Banned

I drive go karts :) those can be dangerous too

13. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

I've never been in an accident. Had people hit the truck while it was parked, but never while I was in it.

My neighbor hit my truck 3 times in the same spot. Then I wised up and moved it.

14. Deramhus

Deramhus Banned

Nah probably not, but i really really hate it when grown men give kids **** just because they can. (aye, I have a problem with bulling authority). Would be nice to force the guy into an apology though. :)

15. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

I'll be nice to you London. Welcome back!

16. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Thats why you look before you turn. I bet you just glanced/didn't look at all. Did you not learn that in driving school?

I think they said it was your fault because she had control of the turn/intersection(if it was one) and you intruded on her, even though she was breaking the law. Thats happened to my dad before.

Also this is kinda good timing, I was gonna post a thread about crappy drivers but if you don't mind I'll just post it here.

17. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Well since london isn't here anymore or at least I don't see his name at the top I'll tell my story.
    I was goin down the road(it was 4 lanes), I was in the lane next to the left lanes. Well I needed to make a left turn so I slow down and someone was coming towards me in the left lane. Well they were turning down the same street as I was so I was waiting for them. The person behind me started getting impatient and honked the horn. I just ignored it. Well they really mad and tried to go around me on the right side. They must not of looked*cough*london*cough* and they got rear ended like a son of a ***** because there was a person going like 40 in the lane next to us. They're entire back end was smashed up and they were pretty jolted.

So boys and girls, heres the moral of the story, don't be an impatient bastard and you won't get rear ended.

18. superman22

superman22 IncGamers Member

wait.. even if you have the greenlight to go, the guy on the freeway still has the right of way.. it just seems like the guy going on the onramp has the right of way because most people on the freeway are courteous and let you go first... but in reality, they still have the right of way.
    im guessin thats why the officer said it was your fault.