Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

People messaging their entire friends list when talking to one person

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Oddity, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

People messaging their entire friends list when talking to one person

I find this HIGHLY annoying, and whenever somebody who has me on their friends list starts doing this, I ask them to stop, or remove me from their list.

Doing this is RUDE to EVERYBODY on your list that you AREN'T talking to. Nobody wants to hear you talk to somebody else, the messages distract me and I don't care about them. :mad:

2. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, sometimes you're in a rush, or dueling, and you aint wanne type the entire name to some accounts to say something important while you're teleing :D

But other than that, I use /f m only when I need to 'speak' with my entire clan, announce things etc. For the rest I use /m * only. I find it very annoying as well, luckily, the peeps I know don't talk that much, or else I just squelch them ;)

3. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

I can understand the once-in-a-while thing, it happens. But these people do it all the freaking time and it's annoying! But I just ask them to remove me, and they usually do - otherwise, I squelch them whenever I log on.

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i /f m when only 1 person is there :D

most of my friends are fine if i /f m sometimes, if i want to disclose something, then i will /w *

one of my "friends" has a bad habit of joining "freez here1" games. thats just stupid since his whole list can see. he was removeod :wink2:

5. Jerism

Jerism IncGamers Member

Actually, I don't find it that annoying, as long as they don't repeat the message 4 or 5 times, then its unbearable. I used to have a friend that whenever he had something important to say, he would flash it 4-6 times, I guess so that people read it...

6. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

One of my "friends" uses /f m and once he got a lucky normal baal and got a soj. Then, he kept on trying to sell it for a nigma.

7. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

to me /w * dont exist :teeth:

8. space_loner

space_loner IncGamers Member

more people would use /w * if people could learn to make their account names short and intelligable!

9. jantsa87

jantsa87 IncGamers Member

i agree with both of these. although i dont exactly have the kind of problems you guys have since my only friends barely ever get on, the ones that do r my brother and his 2 friends, so when i talk to my brother i just yell down the stairs. lol. not a problem for me :thumbsup:

10. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

just press "n" a few times and the messages will dissappear.

11. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

or as dawnmaster said squelch does work wonders

12. Jerism

Jerism IncGamers Member

haha I do the same thing with my brother, only he's 3 years older than me, and normally gets quite a kick out of paying me back for yelling at him...

13. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

I agree with that some ppl have some hard to type acct names, i use f m all the time though, its easier, and everyone on my f list does it as well, no complains.

14. raphiel20

raphiel20 IncGamers Member

It only ever got on my nerves when someone was doing it to quickly with about 3-5 words per message, so the message wasn't even a proper sentance. It jsut filled up my screen to quickly so squelch was usually in order. Course its worse when the persons using /f m AND muling through several different accounts :p :rolleyes: :D

15. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

I.Hate./f m with a passion. So many people add you to their list,(Many whom you don't know) and /f m messages to other people. I realize I could press "n" to take the messages to wonderland (known as "m") but, I find it easier to cuss at them and tell them to take me off of their list. :mad:

16. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

Well I don't cuss at them but yeah I pretty much agree with you. :thumbsup:

I think it's lazy and rude. :mad:

BTW clicking on the smileys to the right of the text field only brings me to the top of the page, I have to manually type in the code for them...that happen for anybody else?

17. raphiel20

raphiel20 IncGamers Member

It happens every now and again, opening a new web-browser should solve it (does for me). :thumbsup:

18. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I happen to be one of those wonderful people who uses /f m for every bit of contact I have with my friends, unless it's sensitive information. Then I'm careful enough to use /w.

On the other hand, I also always ask people if I can add them to my list, and make certain to warn them that I do use /f m exclusively. So there's no surprises there, and no one has yet said yes, add me but don't /f m.

However, I do think that it's a problem that there are people who would just add you for no apparent reason, and them start /f ming. Like this one person I traded with earlier today... traded for his arach, and not five minutes later I'm seeing all sorts of green that isn't spam (though I hate that too) and has nothing to do with my friends. And all I can think is... not again...

19. RebirthOfMak

RebirthOfMak IncGamers Member

I find it annoying too.

Mak~

20. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Completely agree, lots of times you are playing the game while talking, and I doubt if anyone is going to "/w *aet-rbagas_[bvzxv]" while fighting a pack of Oblivion Knights.