Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

people KNOW how diablo clone spawns.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by muteownz, Feb 19, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

people KNOW how diablo clone spawns.

i made a trading game to trade some things and i noticed the soj counter going up.. so i stayed no one wanted my boots then someone else saw the counter and he stayed in the game.. more people started showing up. long story short the soj counter went up another then he said "here we go" and RIGHT when he said that "diablo walks the earth" i'm like wtf.. then all of a sudden THEY all partied up i didnt know where dc spawned i know he did cus someone died off him then he said thanks everyone. pm me when he comes again they all left. and here i am pissed off cus i waited in that game for and hr or 2. he must of known how he spawns. it was last night around 11:30pm pst the counter was at like 2799 so i dunno. :)

2. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

A public game? You should be used to this by now.

Hooray for me, and screw the next guy. Pubbie mentality.

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

i like the idea of game hoster gets the charm. Though not much of public bnet plays like that. Typical mememememememe attitude.

4. muteownz

well i'm not that upset about it. i didnt need a charm that bad. its the fact i waited there for 1-2 hrs. i didnt even get a chance to fight dc let alone a chance at the charm which i probably wouldnt have gotten anyways. last time i fought dc i was beat to the punch on grabbin the charm. hehe oh well

5. Spens

Spens IncGamers Member

People have known how to get Charms for weeks now. I know some people with maybe 100 or so, and I've accumulated about 50-60 total.

6. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Thats a lot of mules for a charm thats trades cheaply now....

7. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Legitamately? How you worded that, makes me wonder.

8. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

With patience it would be quite possible to obtain two or more per day. I've obtained about 20 or so with little effort.

Judging when Diablo will spawn is not so difficult. It takes ~100 SoJs sold to make it happen, so if you know what the counter was at last time he spawned on a given server you can make a pretty good guess when he's next about to spawn.

9. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

The key is how do people find the games so fast?
    When I go hunting for the right server, I can never manage to get onto the right one, and I would often give up after 30 min of creating and exiting games.

10. muteownz

well i dont know how to find the right server or how many it takes. but this dude was dead on the money when it came to the soj counter. he knew exactly when it was gonna happen. he planned it with his friends and even made plans for next time... now that i think about it i know what he did to get to dc. he waited near a unique monster the whole time CLAIMING to be mf in act1... even made a tp in trisdam to throw me off. but yeah. back to playing. :)

11. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

I almost never see the SOJ counter, and the rare occurances where it does move, its only a few times and then stops :(

12. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

There is no quick way, only persistance.

As more people stop on one particular server, less and less slots are free for new people. So it takes more and more tries to create a game (randomly) on the desired server.

13. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Maybe people dont consider this hacking the game because NO third party programs are needed to know exactley when he will show up . But I think it sucks that some people have these charms in bulk already . Iv'e yet to even see the message that he walks the earth let alone fight him . Once again bnet is ruined - one person figures out how to scam the game - and now everyone and there mother tries to do it . Ill just wait for him to spawn in one of my games but I never seem to see the soj counter move much at all . No big hurry for me - much more fun to let it happen then to worry about finding the right server and ip and such nonsense .

14. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

For our band of ne'er-do-wells, the person who hosted the game always gets first dibs on the new Annihilus. That's the way it should be. If that person doesn't need or want it, it goes to someone else.

The "secret" to DC hunting was actually discovered only a few weeks after 1.10 went live. Only now is the knowledge spreading rapidly. Unfortunately, it's also becoming a nuisance. As much as I enjoy killing DC for sport, I'm starting to get tired of being whispered a hundred times a night by every Tom, Dick and Harry on USWest who wants me to come kill him so they can have a free charm by simply standing in town and picking their noses. :rant:

I'm going to start charging a fee for killing I think. I have no more gear-testing to do, and I could use a few new toys here and there. :drool:
    Heheh, that will make me a mercenary for hire.

I hope that is an estimate of how many you've found in total and not how many you have muled away. If it's the latter, that's just pathetic. Nobody needs that many Annis. I don't care what the circumstances are. That sort of greed is just lame.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Now that spawning knowledge is becoming commonplace, it is being exploited to a ridiculous degree. Now there is even a bot that can put you on a desired IP effortlessly. Stupid!

I used to enjoy muling a few annis so I could give them away every once and a while. It used to be that a random BNetter would be ecstatic if I came into their game and gave them a free one. Nowadays, if I give a non-perfect one away, I get called a n00b.

:lol: You can tell I'm in a foul mood tonight! If anybody has actually read this whole rant: My Apologies. :surprise:

15. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

I have never fought, seen, or even had him spawn in my game, yet I see all theses posts, and hear about all these people that have like LOTZ of charms, (hence this post). Im not too worried about it though, my time will come eventually.

Thats just rediculous, if someone came and just gave me a free anni, I crap myself, and prolly sit and wonder how the hell I could pay them back, it may not be the "thing" anymore, but It would still amaze me that someone would be that nice, although, reading posts on this forum, makes me rethink that there are more nice people out there then I orignally thought.

16. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I gave someone a free annihilus two nights ago. I needed the room for an unid'd one.