• Warlock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warrior

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
People from Michigan

I think the title of the poll is self-explanatory...what do you call people from Michigan?

Anakha1

Banned
Michigondianders.

But you're an honourary Canadian because you're STILL DATING ME!!! *runs off crying*

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
Anakha1 said:
Michigondianders.

But you're an honourary Canadian because you're STILL DATING ME!!! *runs off crying*
Say you're sorry for your rude comment, take me out to dinner, and fill out an application.

festers50

Diabloii.Net Member
Lone_C said:
Well, people in the U.P. (Upper Peninsula) are typically labeled 'Yoopers.' Ya eh!
In the "mitten", Michigander is probably the most used, I"m pretty sure our state flower is those orange and white barrels that line most of the highways :lol:

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
festers50 said:
In the "mitten", Michigander is probably the most used, I"m pretty sure our state flower is those orange and white barrels that line most of the highways :lol:
Nope. State flower is a "Road Construction Ahead" sign. Barrels are the state tree.

Lone_C

Diabloii.Net Member
festers50 said:
Does anyone in the mitten know anything about the 'Yooper accent'? Just curious.

SomeCanadianGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Now this wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the fact you're looking for a boyfriend? And it would happen to be most easy for you to find someone in Michigan? And that the person most likely to have the answer is someone from Michigan? I smells me something suspicious...

KillerQueen

Diabloii.Net Member
Lone_C said:
Does anyone in the mitten know anything about the 'Yooper accent'? Just curious.
My Dad's side of the family all lives in the U.P. and they say they are "yoopers" too. My Grandpa as always saying, "you betchya eh". I think they all talk funny.

And when I was little I have shirt that said "somi sisu" (can't remember how it is spelled) but I never figured out what that meant. But it came from there....

Munch

Diabloii.Net Member
I've usually always heard the term "Michigander". Although a Yooper friend of mine insists that those in lower MI are called "Trolls", because they live below the bridge.

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
SomeCanadianGuy said:
Now this wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the fact you're looking for a boyfriend? And it would happen to be most easy for you to find someone in Michigan? And that the person most likely to have the answer is someone from Michigan? I smells me something suspicious...
A. How in the name of Jesus Christ am I supposed to know who voted for what when I didn't make this a public poll? They'd have to tell me!

B. There is no right answer. Like what do you call a carbonated beverage? The answer is different depending on who you ask.