Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PC-thread in SPTF

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by bassen, Jun 25, 2008.

1. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

PC-thread in SPTF

Hi all SPTF-members

I have looked through the PC-threads last week and I have found that we sometimes ask about the same items.

So I thought we make a list (made from flavie or something) and then we all try to make a proper PC on each item, in both Pgems and Runes.

The runes will be PC:ed in Pgems
    The items (S/U) will be PC:ed in Runes and Pgems
    We could also make it more advance cause the value sometimes varies when it's etheral or a good roll.

If a few more than me is willing to do this I could try to begin with the PC of items I already know and so on.

If there are any items we disagree about, just have a discussion about that and we'll work it out.

I thought we also could (only if we wanna make the list very advanced) PC some special varies of charms (shimmering small charm of vita for example), but this is way out of my own league TBH.

So is there anyone who wanna help/try this with me?

My goal with this is to make a PC-faq.

I got the idea when I PC:ed a item an hour ago (might been earlier/later).

If there are any questions and suggestions please just shout em out ^^

EDIT:

Here's a LINK to the SPTF PC-FAQ

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  2. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Re: PC-thread in SPTF

I think it is a good idea, Bassen. It would help SP traders know whether or not they're in the ballpark when they make an offer

We always say that we have subjective values in the SPTF but at the same time there are items you simply cannot get for others. For instance, say I have a lot of pgems and I want to acquire a Vex rune. Could I find someone to make that trade? Even if I offered 2000 pgems? Unlikely.

What I think might make sense would be to put items in tiers, rather then individually price out each item. Like I said before, values aren't set in stone, so each tier could encompass a range of values. The tiers would be in pgem/rune values, as you previously suggested.

Also, even if this SPTF pc-thread doesn't help actual trades on the SPTF, it will help out newer players in evaluating which finds to keep and which to chuck.

3. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

About make tiers/groups/categpries is a very good idea. I have already started and made som e PC's already.

I write in a spreadsheat with Open Office (hate that software, cant hndle it properly)

How should I categorize them and how many tiers?

I could upload the file on my website (so anyone far we've come) then post changes/suggestions here. Or something like that

Edit:

Heres a suggestion

Tier 1 (1-10 Pgems) (a lot of items will fall here, include runes from El-Io)
    Tier 2 (15-30 Pgems) (also many items will fall here, include runes from Lum-Lem)
    Tier 3 (35-50 Pgems) (not so many items as before, (many of the high TC-set items will fall under here) for example Harlequin Crest/The Oculus, include rune Pul)
    Tier 4 (55-80 Pgems) (all the rest non-hyper-rare uniques will fall here as Temlars might, include rune Um)
    Tier 5 (no Pgems anymore, the value index has changed into runes, here we have Mal-Gul) (unques as SoJ, BKWB, Maras, Seraphs)
    Tier 6 (Vex-Ohm) Here can we place mostly the most rarest uniques as Asterons/Earthshifter/Crown of Ages)
    Tier 6 ()

Edit2: Thanks Zari ^^

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  4. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

imo good call on the tiers. good luck on the project bassen. =)

5. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

Looks good.

How does everyone think we should handle really high runes like the occasional Sur or Ber that drops in LK? They don't get traded that often but when they do, they tend to go for a boatload of items. Should we just make them Tier 7?

6. Callador

Callador IncGamers Member

Great idea, bassen :thumbup:
    That kind of thing would tremendously help newer players.

@THC64: Yeah, Sur and Ber definetely belong to highest tier - maybe Lo too...

7. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

sounds nice I'll do a additional one

I wil lform like "items people dont tend to trade often" but some of the items here will asl o be placed in T6 as Dweb and some other high TCs

8. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

I should deem them as tierless. The value just can't be predicted for those items.

9. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

IMO, items that are not highly valuable, should be in this kind of PC-list. But the items, which are sold for some high rune(s) shouldn't be in there, because of the increasing hf-rushing and very unstable value of item. For example, Vita skillers.

10. Wanchu

Wanchu IncGamers Member

I think that making the list is a great idea. It will be quicker and more complete than using the search function of the forum.

I think that using tiers instead of fixed prices for items is necessary, because fixed prices could freeze the prices if people give too much importance to the list.

As for unpredictable prices of some items, I would include a special category in the list, so that we know which items have very variable prices.

11. BobTheWarrior

BobTheWarrior IncGamers Member

12. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

Thanks but I just finnished the pricelist...sorry

Before you read it remember this: I had a lot of problems with the colors and had to make my own ones xD

However here's the first edition of it.

Pricelist-guide

I let this thread be open for discussion and suggestions

Edit: I have edited a bit

- make it more clear how to use it
    - added a self PC-mini guide at bottom (almost same as in the PC I posted today)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  13. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

Actually, I really like the PC's in Bob's link. Throw out all the big HR talk, and their prices match our prices fairly closely, what with HF rushing and all. That PC list could be edited (or plagurized :evil:) to match up better with our prices.

It also shows what really matters on the item's rolls. That would take alot of work for you to do, Bassen.

14. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

Oh my eyes! bassen, before you go any further, change those colors :grin:

The link Bob posted, that's something we should use for our benefits. I'd love to help, but I've been working on a RW compilation, which will hopefully posted/opened soon :) If the PC-list is still under construction, I can help.

15. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

Towards the bottom, I think its Point 5. you misspelled strength a few times. I'm not entirely certain about some of your item placements.

For example I cannot for the life of me find Tal Rasha's Guardianship yet I have found numerous Arachnid Mesh belts. I think that items that can be found from Hell Meph should be perhaps dropped into a lower tier and that TC 78+ items could be moved up a tier. Although this is just my personal opinion and I have no real knowledge of prices other than what I consider to be expensive / more valuable items.

16. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Some of the item values are debatable, but I don't really have the time to go into it in any kind of detail at the moment. On a different note, you could be a little more specific. For example, you could state that Ral runes typically go for between 1.5 and 2.25 pgems (or something like that).

I took a minute (or three) to change the disclaimer.

-------------------------

Single Player Trading Forum Pricing FAQ (06/25/2008).

Disclaimer: Values are influenced by the relative need of buyers as well as the overall generosity and/or wealth of sellers. Shifts in supply and demand WILL occur, just as they would in any other free-market or mixed economy. Have some discretion when using this guide. The listed values are no more than rough estimates (read: opinions) of the relative values of items. Members of this community, as well as DiabloII.net itself or any of its affiliates, shall not be held responsible in any way, shape, or form for any dissatisfaction resulting from the use and/or misuse of this guide.

The SPTF has no official currency. Despite this, prices have been given values in terms of perfect gems (henceforth dubbed "pgems") as well as runes, as these are (more often than not) the preferred methods of payment.

-------------------------

Feel free to use as much (or as little) of it as you'd like.

Good luck!

17. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

@ Neksja and RG - I'll look through his PC (later) and compare to our prices (if I find anything useful that are not already in our Pricelist I'll change it)

@Neksja, again - about those colours, they driven me nuts. But I have no knowledge in templates or hompeaging at all xD. Hmm I might not be the right person to do this, if anyone can make with better layout it's ok. I already written out all text so theres only copy and cut left ^^. You are more than welcome to help me :)

@Ioupainmax - corrected at point 5 and moved arachnid mesh away from mal-gul tier

Also moved IKSC up a tier (tip from Thyiad via pm)

Also added a thanks to list were I'll list changes and who came up with it.
    @ Nagisa added almost the whole thing (except the word Disclaimer)

18. Jaedhann

Jaedhann IncGamers Member

Imo, Scheaffers hammer is not tier 2 and stormlash is not tier 4. They are both tier 6 and a good roll on stormlash will make it tier 7.

Also, what is earthshifter doing in tier 5,6 and 7? It should be just in tier 5.

19. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

items moved and changed, thank you :)

20. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

some quick notes:

1) Gargoyle's Bite shouldn't be in tier 7, IMO not that valuable/rare/useful item.
    2) Leviathan has ** (ethereal raises the price), but Leviathan can't be ethereal (has Indest. mod)
    3) Are Cow King set that valuable, that their price is 50+ pgems EACH? (I have no idea about their price, but seems a bit heavy)
    4) I really think that the list should be checked very thoroughly. Items like Alma Negra/Gut Siphon are in a wrong tier (both of those are overvalued IMO)

Still, nice to start with but quite far from "Final" draft. Yet again, I'm checking this while working, so I think I'm missing also things. But just few notes that bassen/SPF have to work through.

:thumbsup: