Paying for snatch?

Do you like Diablo3.com?

• I love the official site.

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • I like it, but they need to update a lot more often.

Votes: 55 65.5%
  • I don't like the design, and it's never updated.

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • I can't stand it. Flash-infested browser-crasher.

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

stillman

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Paying for snatch?

It's nothing to worry about. As you said, men are obsessed with money and control it (and crush the underclasses) far more than women.

Flux

Administrator

Women were not part of hunting parties, so they stayed in the cave and mated with men who brought home the most animal carcasses to ensure survival. Thus, women evolved to be gold diggers like it or not, and to this day they still favor men with more income. Some people do not know this, or are confused by it, perhaps from so many people disbelieving evolution.
That's the standard story, but it's enormously generalized and like most ev-dev/ev-psych, it's open to endless argument.

Ev-psych is about observing a current trait in humans and trying to think why it might have come about, which is a very imprecise and largely speculative effort. I've read a few books about it and related subjects, and it's way too big a topic to discuss here, but you can see a decent intro to the subject on the wikipedia article.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_psychology

Most tribal societies subsisted largely on gathering, or limited forms of farming. The women who were grinding acorns or planting rice or threshing wheat or gathering nuts and berries were providing much more of the tribe's food than any men out hunting deer. And that's only one paradigm of countless permutations. In lots of places the men weren't hunting anything, they were fishing, or gathering bananas, etc.

At any rate, men are larger and stronger than women, so have usually been the dominant gender in most human societies. (And since men are usually making the laws and creating the religions and cultures, those grew to support/reinforce the patriarchy.)

But since men like sex, and want it from women, that gives women some level of power and influence. Again, how much and in what form varies hugely across all cultures and times.

The most simplified version is that men want sex and will give women things to get it. Women want sex also, but since children result, women have to be selective about who they give sex to, and their ideal is a man with good genes/looks (same as men want from a woman) and who can provide support for her and her/their children, and who will be faithful. (Thus not squandering his support and resources on some other woman/her children.)

So, while it's biologically adaptive for a man to mate with as many women as possible, if she doesn't get pregnant, or if his children don't survive, he's failed in evolutionary terms. Thus a man will do better, genetically, if he stays with one woman and they have children who survive, than if he screws 50 women and none of his kids survive.

For the woman, it doesn't matter so much who the father of a child is, (and there's some ev-psych speculation about the "good gene" theory of cheating, where a woman's genes would benefit from having a child with a very hunky man who her husband would think was his) but it matters very much if she has a man to help her raise the child.

How much this speculative, hypothetical evolutionary stuff provides motivation for the behavior of modern humans is open to a lot of debate. Even if you grant all of it... people still vary a great deal, and have free will. Or something very much like it.

A person's psychology and personality and life situation and opportunities and a million other factors go into what they do with their lives and relationships. Two people from the same family/situation often behave entirely differently in life. Thus it's fairly useless to generalize about any individual's behavior based on distant genetic factors, when there are far more salient factors much nearer at hand.

All that said, ev-psych can be useful for understanding sociological and gender-based behaviors in the largest sense. And it's fun to speculate and read about.

Related reading:

Both books are much recommended if you're interested in the subject.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Women were not part of hunting parties, so they stayed in the cave and mated with men who brought home the most animal carcasses to ensure survival.
What about those men who found a good excuse for not going on the hunt, so they stayed with the women while the hunters were away? :whistling:

What was the name of that English movie about a hill missing a few feet to be considered a mountain? The innkeeper didn't have to go to war (he was too important for keeping up morale at the home front, of course!) and for some reason, a lot of children who were born during the war had the same hair color as him.

Leopold Stotch

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't even understand the title of this thread. ._.
Well, Mika, when a man and a woman are "in love" with each other, they learn to embrace each other RRRRREEEAAAALLLLY tightly. sometimes, it seems like they might be angry at each other when they yell and "bad words" come from their mouths, but it's just a way of expressing how much they "love" each other and perhaps a bit of direction to the other person. And sometimes, there is some slapping and a few hits to the face. Not punches, but sometimes there are punches if you are embracing a sadistic man or woman. They aren't fighting. Again, they are expressing how much they really "love" each other. It looks like it hurts, but sometimes people like to be hit and some people feel the harder you hit them, the better it is, which is a little odd, but hey... whatever makes you happy.

the word "snatch" is used and i believe Stillman answered my question. . .

Well, snatch is slang for vagina
thank you, Stillman. :)

Mikachu

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, Mika, when a man and a woman are "in love" with each other, they learn to embrace each other RRRRREEEAAAALLLLY tightly. sometimes, it seems like they might be angry at each other when they yell and "bad words" come from their mouths, but it's just a way of expressing how much they "love" each other and perhaps a bit of direction to the other person. And sometimes, there is some slapping and a few hits to the face. Not punches, but sometimes there are punches if you are embracing a sadistic man or woman. They aren't fighting. Again, they are expressing how much they really "love" each other. It looks like it hurts, but sometimes people like to be hit and some people feel the harder you hit them, the better it is, which is a little odd, but hey... whatever makes you happy.
What about feather dusters.

:evil2:

Technomancer

Diabloii.Net Member

All I know is that, while I've frequently heard of the opposite, I've never heard of a guy kicking a girl out cause she was broke. :p

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

Another way you pay.

Anyone remember the fake storys about how blow job's prevent cancer ?

Well guess what the truth is more disturbing

Another recent study in the New England Journal of Medicine suggests a correlation between oral sex and throat cancer. It is believed that this is due to the transmission of human papillomavirus or (HPV) because this virus has been implicated in the majority of cervical cancers. The study concludes that people who had one to five oral sex partners in their lifetime had approximately a doubled risk of throat cancer compared with those who never engaged in this activity, and those with more than five oral-sex partners had a 250% increased risk.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_sex#HPV_and_oral_cancer_linkhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cunnilingus#cite_note-11
another way you pay for snatch.

stillman

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh, it gets much worse, Bob. Some STI's migrate and cause arthritis and even blindness. Alas, I am too busy with work and thinking up counter arguments about cave people to post much on this atm.

However, throat cancer will make you wish you were dead, so I'm not putting that aside at all. After the operation where they cut your face apart, they require a big strip from the forearm including muscle, and they cover that with another strip of skin off the thigh. For several days after, there is an NG tube up the nose and down into the stomach for feed b/c swallowing is impossible now (how ironic, you reap what you sow). Of course, there is a hole in the trachea where mucous oozes out almost constantly. We normally swallow mucous all day from mucociliary transport. There is also a very loud hissing racket all night from a humidity hose close to the opening without which there would be hardening of said mucous. IV lines and catheter are part of the show too, and sometimes there are these hard palstic transparent bulbs of blood drainage (attached by more tubes, yay). Meanwhile, the pain meds often cause halucinations. Nasty.

Edit: the mucous gets all over the patient.

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member

the word "snatch" is used and i believe Stillman answered my question. . .

thank you, Stillman. :)
can i use that for ''the talk'' when i have kids in the future?

though they probably won't believe me and roll their eyes, considering my genes...

Leopold Stotch

Diabloii.Net Member

absolutely, Lucky, because i plan on using it too when i have hellions of my own. and if they have MY genes and turn out female... they are going to have such bad attitudes. :doh:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

if some chicks do it for a hair weave or really determined they might! :D
With the internet as an advertising platform, it has become popular for prostitutes to work as free-lancers and I heard that many also sell their body for goods, like new tiles in the bathroom, fixing the car etc. Maybe they do it to save taxes - in Germany, prostitution is no longer illegal (pimping still is AFAIK, but I'm not sure about the details) which means the state can collect taxes for it :D.

Mikachu

Diabloii.Net Member

Netherlands taxes prostitution.

The Dutch are very practical people when it comes to money.

Leopold Stotch

Diabloii.Net Member

i heard recently that prostitutes here in the US are using facebook as a way of doing their business. "It's safer, easier, and identities can be kept secret" or something.

lazy call girls. :unimpressed: