Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pay to Play?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SirDooFuss, Jun 2, 2005.

?

What type

1. Blizz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lightning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Pay to Play?

I am amazed that blizzard does not charge us a monthly fee to use the realm servers. How do you all feel?

2. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Considering the quality (or lack thereof) and support (or lack thereof) of D2 these days, I'd not give em a nickel to play the game.

On the other hand, I happily pay the monthly fee to play World of Warcraft. WoW is a demonstration of just how much Blizzard actually did learn from all of their mistakes and problems with Diablo, and given the quality and constant work on that game, I have no problem paying a nominal monthly fee to be able to play.

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I would not pay a penny to play on the realms...not with the current state of D2.

Now WoW...that's a different story.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

maybe payment could be an option if blizzard did put in some serious work on getting everything into good shape first.
    as it is now: no money from me! :uhhuh:

5. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Im just cheap :uhhuh:
    Go go single playa!

6. greatrambino1981

greatrambino1981 IncGamers Member

I wouldn't pay to play on the D2 realms. After hearing about Wow and seeing it in action I might pick it up later this summer when I get a better connection.
    OT: what is the monthly rate for WoW?

7. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

if i could buy like a payment from the store somehow and it give me a key to unlock i would pay that way but if i have to send money over the internet no way man. and i definately would not pay for d2 theyve basically just the it go right down the ****hole.

8. EatmyArsenal

EatmyArsenal IncGamers Member

I wouldn't pay anything! There's dupes, hacks, and 6 yr old boys on bnet that piss me off to no extent. I'd either go to single player, or just dump d2 and play Guild Wars more than I do now. If Blizzard decides that they must charge us a monthly fee for Diablo 3 (if it comes out) then their service, support, and their hunt for cheaters better be much damn better.

9. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

If Blizzard charged us the first thing I would do is sell my account on eBay and use the money to buy WoW and pay for the fees.

10. Elly

Elly Administrator

I don't think Blizzard would have the brass neck to charge us. It'd make a decent April Fools though.

greatrambino1981 - £8.99, I'm not 100% sure of the price in the US but I'm happy enough to pay that.

11. IN_FLAMES

IN_FLAMES Banned

Fifteen bucks a month USD, 14.95$ to be exact. But where I live (Canada) its 19.95$ a month, which comes out to almost 25. Sucks.

12. Gorny

Gorny Banned

If you buy a 6 month package, ad 70 odd dollars, U.S., it comes to around $12 a month.

13. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

If pay-to-play actually meant Blizzard would commit to dedicated anti-cheating support I'd gladly fork over a monthly fee. Sadly, D2 is just getting too old for that to be an option anymore.

Blizzard would have to entice me with a new expansion and some serious game rebalancing along with real anti-cheating measures to suck me back into realm play. None of that is going to happen.

Despite my criticisms, I've gotten years of enjoyment out of D2 (and am still having fun with single-player mode) so overall I'm pleased. Most games I play are beaten and forgotten within weeks.

14. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

What Dredd said.....

15. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

like most of you said.. i wouldnt pay for d2, but glady for wow..too bad my video card cant handle it. i feel like quittin d2 right now..even without a monthly charge lol

16. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be willing to pay to play any of the Blizzard games I own, playing online for free, was a purchasing factor :D

17. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Frankly, I we would have to pay a monthly fee, we all would change to a more recent game, isn't it :lol: ? I think the day they'll decide that D2 is over, they'll charge us a monthly fee and *poof*, no more players :lol: !

18. druliusCleaver

druliusCleaver IncGamers Member

I would not pay to play on the current realms either. However, I would pay maybe $9.95 a month to play the exact same game in a cheat-free multiplayer environment.

For my two-bits, gameplay satisfaction would benefit enormously from a deeper game creation interface where the game creator could restrict game attributes other than max players and level range. They'd be able to make games with restrictions like "only one of each char type allowed in-game at one time," or "no Paladins in this game." Of course, this would go hand in hand with a game selection channel overhaul, so the interface became more like a search tool's interface and the player could query the realm with a search string like "Diablo run" or "Cow*" and then choose from a list (for as long as it took to read the list) of all the game names on the realm that matched the query. Or maybe the player's character's attributes could help determine the games listed as joinable. The prospective player could query, in effect, for games "where my character would be the only one of its class if we joined," or "where all current players are within 10 levels of my character." I'd also like to see the game creator get a ban stick, so the creator could kick any player(s) out of hiser game(and automatically keep them out) completely at hiser own arbitrary discretion.

19. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

to keep it short, i'm not gonna pay monthly fees for ANY game...

still have to be realistic and realize that it's just a game, i'd rather pay for material stuff that i can use irl :)

and since i'm not gonna run around in an enigma on the streets :p...

note that i'm not offending anyone paying for wow now, since it's my personal opinion that i wouldnt pay...

grtz bef

ps: my wallet wouldnt allow me playing very long then too :), poor student life

20. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

Come to Asia 3 realm where everyone is legit. Or almost ~99% ^^ The economy is super good here.