Patriarch Yoyuno *cue theme song*

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Patriarch Yoyuno *cue theme song*

Finally buckled down and finished him off. I have to say, act 5 was much, much easier than I anticipated. I didn't die once, doing all quests including Nihlathak, only had to reroll FE ancients once, and had a throne room of black souls, OKs/doom knights, and serpent magi. AND an extra fast mana burning lister. Took some time but I cleared all of it out. *dies from exhaustion* Pretty good questing rewards too, Gul from hellforge as well as one dropped in Foothills, and Stormshield and Fleshripper dropped from random superuniques (Fleshripper was horked, or as it's now known in SPF, GIB ITAMZED.)

Yoyuno, the Frenzybarb

Level 82

Stats:
STR 186 (206)
DEX 129 (167)
VIT 180 (180)
ENE 10 (10)

Life 1283
Mana 133
Stamina 607

Skills: I don't have any
OK for real:
20 Battle Orders
1 Battle Command
20 War Cry
1 Find Item
16 Sword Mastery
1 Increased speed/stam/iron skin/nat resist
1 berserk
1 leap attack
18 frenzy
All prerequisites 1 point each
6 more points and I'd call the build "finished"

EQ: Crescent Moon Cryptic Sword, offhand Doombringer, Lightsaber stashed for certain areas
2 Echoing swords on switch
Shafstop
Arreat's Face
Gore Rider
String of Ears
Raven Frost

Plague Coil
Ring
Required Level: 65
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x6de857c9
+3 to Mana
+119 to Attack Rating
8% Life stolen per hit
4% Mana stolen per hit

Order Noose
Amulet
Required Level: 41
Item Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x6a2f5a9b
+47 to Life
Damage Reduced by 3
All Resistances +18
Adds 1-3 cold damage over 2 seconds
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)

Storm Clutches
Vampirebone Gloves
Defense: 56
Durability: 13 of 14
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 49
Item Level: 77
Fingerprint: 0x9e5924e5
+16 to Life
Lightning Resist +13%
2% Life stolen per hit
3% Mana stolen per hit
59% Extra Gold from Monsters
15% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
7% Chance of Crushing Blow

For charms, it's various resists, max/ar, a masteries charm, and a Gheed's.

Pratham, level 82 Might Merc

Hone Sundan, AmnAmnShael
Duriel's Shell
Blackhorn's Face

Final verdict? Reasonably strong, warcry+frenzy+berserk can take down most anything in the game, relatively safely, 2500+ life with BO sure doesn't hurt, and he was a blast to play. WW might be more effective but frenzy is sure more fun.

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
Congratz on the patriarch! :thumbsup: I'm surprised over the low amount vitality. Did you felt that he had enough life as it was, or did it just end up that way considering the equipment?

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Kefir-Tribe said:
Congratz on the patriarch! :thumbsup: I'm surprised over the low amount vitality. Did you felt that he had enough life as it was, or did it just end up that way considering the equipment?
Well, there is the BO, but still, for a barb that's pretty low life, especially for one without the protection of a shield. GJ on the pat.

Well done mate!

Looks like a solid build, but life seems a little low, as the others have said.
my conc barb used 244% dommy / SS and he had about the same life, but i always thought the damage was a little low on doomy. in act 2 it was still taking 3-4 hits to kill normal monsters. mayb i need to socket it with something nice

anyways, good work, and some nice finds too!

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I probably (ok, I did) spent way too many points in dex, but when this guy was originally going to head to hell, I wanted to use lightsaber really badly and didn't yet have a raven frost for him. So I have less vit and str and more dex than I need. To me, though, and maybe I'll say something different when I actually finish the IK barb, 2600 life (after BO) doesn't seem like too little at all. I agree that Doombringer isn't as good as some others, but it seems like the best out of what I have combined with the other two that I switch on and off. I would have considered upping a Cranite Vomir but I don't own one at all. :) I think this guy could be a pretty sweet tank with more resists, I can't imagine a worse throne room than the one I cleared.

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks Stormlash. Lister was a mean mofo, probably seemed less significant after that throne room. :teeth:

I ran some Pindle with this guy today just for fun, he has very little MF as you can see from his eq, but the runs are sort of fast, relatively safe with war cry, and of course I just love horking. I'm thinking of gearing him with some MF to try his luck at more devoted Pindle running, but I'm not sure how well it would work out with his lowish life and reliance on warcries. Also the resists loss would hurt as much if not more than other losses.

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Gratz on the Pat! Frenzy r0xx0rs! I think you'll find Pindle to be significantly difficult as a melee char since he always comes FE. Yikes!