Patriarch Schrute

Alfonso the Great

Diabloii.Net Member
Patriarch Schrute

I present for the committee's examination Patriarch Schrute, a Summoner Druid with a mild dabbling into the art of Shockwave for support. This is the first character I've created and played through since reinstalling about two weeks ago, and I forgot how addicting DII can be. Without further ado, Schrute.

Character name : Schrute
Character type : Druid
Character level : 81
Character exp : 747254197

Strength : 85
Energy : 20
Dexterity : 20
Vitality : 215
Stat Points Rem : 155
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 715 / 615
Mana : 182 / 180
Stamina : 352 / 354

Equipment:
Head: Rare Pelt (Anya's, no less--+2 Summoning, +2 Shockwave, +1 Spirit of Barbs, +38 Life)
Amulet: Trainer's Amulet of Greed (+1 Summoning, +34% Gold)
Weapon 1: Dark Clan Crusher
Shield: Sigon's Guard
Weapon 2: Ribcracker
Armor: Hawkmail
Belt: Sigon's Wrap
Gloves: Crafted Blood Sharkskin Gloves (9% CB, 1% LL, 16% Fire Resist, +16 Life)
Boots: Rare Greaves (12% Fire Resist, 16% Lightning Resist, 20% Faster R/W, Replenish Life +4, +67% Gold)
Ring 1: Rare Ring (29% Poison Resist, 12% MF, +45 AR)
Ring 2: Rare Ring (7% Fire Resist, 24% Poison Resist, +6 Life, Replenish Life +3, +50 Poison damage over 3 seconds)

Assorted Resist Charms (mostly Fire and Lightning), a few Hit Recovery and +AR charms; sadly, no skillers.

Basanti the Cold Rogue
Weapon: Cliffkiller
Armor: Toothrow
Helmet: Blackhorn's Face

Skills
20 Poison Creeper
1 Ravens
10 Spirit Wolf
20 Dire Wolf
20 Grizzly
1 Spirit of Oak
15 Spirit of Wolverine
1 Lycanthropy
1 Werewolf
1 Werebear
1 Maul
1 Shockwave

Played untwinked P8 through Normal and Nightmare, which by and large went by smoothly, then switched to P1 for Hell. I completed all quests (though not necessarily using all the rewards) and did my best to avoid rerunning areas.

The only troublesome spots were Normal Andariel and Duriel, who'd kill my weak summons seconds after I summoned them and thereby ate through my small mana supply like crazy; Hell Tal Rasha's Tomb (Unravelers plus Ghosts plus a Blunderbore Extra Strong, Fanaticism-Aura'd, Stone Skin Unique=not fun); Hell Frozen River (Gloams plus Succubi); and the Throne of Destruction (PI/CI Vampire unique coupled with a PI/Might Death Lord unique blocking the way to the throne). Also troublesome: the fact that I for the life of me could not find/gamble an amulet that enticed me more than one that dropped in Act 4 Normal.

Highlights:
Dark Clan Crusher popped in NM Arcane Sanctuary, though I can't recall if it was from a vampire or a Hell Clan (which would make it deliciously ironic).
Sigon's Shield and The Face of Horror from NM Meph. Sigon's Wrap from NM Diablo. Hawkmail from NM Baal. The brothers did me good. I also had Sigon's Boots from Act 5 Normal, but I ditched those for the rare greaves when they appeared in Hell Pits.
Hell Duriel fed me Cliffkiller (before that I had a rare long battle bow with sizable lightning damage that Normal Diablo gave up).
Endugu handed me Blackhorn's Face, which replaced The Face of Horror on the rogue. Hell Mephisto dropped Toothrow, which helped cement her as a killing machine and further reduced my wolves/bear to meatshields.
Hell Hellforge coughed up a Gul. Diablo gave up Stoneraven.
Hell Arreat Plateau gave me Ribcracker.
In a fit of pique, Hell Baal gave me Isenhart's Horns and a bunch of subpar rares. Bleh.

And that's that. Thanks to all who've churned through my dissertation. Now I move on to brighter fields--I've already muled Stoneraven onto a Fendazon who can't survive past Hell Black Marsh, so I'll either be getting back to her or making a new character...I'm considering a Leap Attack Barb.

Cygnus

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patriarch Schrute

Very nice build. What was your AR like?

Generally nice gear for untwinked single pass, but you can certainly do better than those two rings you used. Poison resistance is rarely needed.

How did you handle PIs? Rogue arrows + poison creeper to prevent regen? That must have been fast ;)

Congrats!

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the new first Pat. Why so many stat points remaining? And congrats on the Gul HF.

Alfonso the Great

Diabloii.Net Member

Very nice build. What was your AR like?

Generally nice gear for untwinked single pass, but you can certainly do better than those two rings you used. Poison resistance is rarely needed.

How did you handle PIs? Rogue arrows + poison creeper to prevent regen? That must have been fast ;)

Congrats!
Yep, I lucked out with the Sigon's trio plus the wonderful merc equipment, and I would have MUCH preferred Lightning resistance over the poison on the rings...ah, well. AR with Maul, HoW, and 'Cracker is 379, which isn't much, but Inner Sight helped with smacking things about when I felt the need; usually I either hung back or supported with Shockwave.

PIs were handled in exactly the way you describe; I didn't obsess over finding items with Amplify Damage charges, but would certainly have snatched one up if one had appeared, and PI concerns were why I picked the rogue (that, and I wasn't planning on investing in Carrion/Solar Creeper, so I needed some minor form of corpse disposal for, well, Unravelers, since dire wolves do just fine for Fallen and Fetish). The final Vampire/Death Lord duo is what burned through most of my gold, since the bear would vanish rather quickly and the rogue would be run down and exterminated. It ended up worth it sacrificing ~400k gold on resurrecting her and killing all but the dual-immune vampire, who I parked in one corner; I ended up kiting Ventar, Lister, & Co. all over the level to take them down.

Congrats on the new first Pat. Why so many stat points remaining? And congrats on the Gul HF.
The stat points are there because I suffer from a sad case of "waste not, want not" syndrome. I might eventually twink Schrute out (as much as I'm able) and want to have ample points available for pumping STR/DEX should the time come.

Heh...the Gul was lucky. Most of my other rune drops were crap. Hell Countess gave up a Tir and an El, among a bunch of blues.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the pat. Very nice doing it untwinked!
Also, the name reminds me of Dwight Schrute from The Office haha.