Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Patriarch Rev_Quick, the forgotten Avenger (1.13)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Jan 25, 2015.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Patriarch Rev_Quick, eBoTDZ Avenger.

Level: 87

St – 118 (190)
    Dx – 104 (161)
    Vt – 292 (339)
    En – 16 (53)

HP 1427
    Mana 462

Vengeance: 2761 – 8946 (3133 – 10k after Might)

Resists:

Fire: 95
    Cold: 95
    Ltning: 95
    Poison: 90

Skills:

Vengeance: 20/32
    Conviction: 17/25
    Resist Fire: 17/25
    Resist Cold: 16/24
    Resist Lightning: 16/24

Blessed Hammer, Charge, Holy Bolt, Holy Shield, Sacrifice, Smite & Zeal: 1/13
    Holy Fire, Holy Freeze, Might, Sanctuary and Thorns: 1/9

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

1.07 eth BoTD Berserker Axe
    “Um” Herald of Zakarum

Weapon 2:

Hand of Blessed Light
    Herald of Zakarum

“Um” Harlequin Crest
    ”Um” Guardian Angel
    Laying of Hands
    Goblin Toe
    Nosferatu's Coil
    Mara's Kaleidoscope
    SoJ & Raven Frost

Merc (Act 2 – Might)

Vampire Gaze
    “Um” eth Shaftstop
    eth Obedience Giant Thresher

Random musings:

Here’s the story of the forgotten Avenger. I started him back in April 2011, had him all planned and got him deep into Act 1 Nightmare before I decided to give 1.10 a go. Then D3 came out. After I’d finished D3 I went back to 1.10, then to 1.07 and 1.08. Somewhere along the way, poor old Rev_Quick got pushed down out of the top eight on the startup screen and was promptly forgotten. I recently decided to give 1.08 a break and tried to complete my 1.13 grail. After a week or so I noticed a little arrow telling me I had another character on my list. Thinking that I hadn’t deleted all of my HC characters I moved the list down to take a look and there was the Rev.. Upon seeing him I remembered my plans and went about correcting my mistake.

Why the name? Remember the milk additive Quick (or Nesquick in places other than Australia)? Remember how it came in a range of flavours? I did damage in a range of “flavours”. That is the inspiration for the quick bit of the name, but not directly. It comes from a young woman I knew back in the 80s whose surname was Quick and she use to say that, like her milk additive name sake, she use to… Um, you get the picture!!

There’s really not a lot I can say about the Rev.. Conviction broke many immunities and adding about 420% Fire, Lightning and Cold damage to a 1.07 eth BoTDZ was just a little bit of overkill. The Goblin Toe gives a nice little 25% CB too. Add to this the 95% resists to Fire, Cold and Lightning, the “cannot be frozen” from Ravens Frost and 75% Block and damage really wasn’t much of a problem. When I was damaged the leech from the BoTD was crazy. What did cause some concern at times was the little explodie guys and the charging monsters (resurrected dead and the vipers) both were causing heaps of damage, much more than I had remembered from my previous 1.13 characters. In the end he was not all that much of a challenge really, especially after my struggles with 1.07/1.08.

2. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Add a merc with pray skill and Insight (EDIT Sry.) and your a lot tougher. The might loss is worth it IMHO

I would use the +4 FoH skill item on occasion and might have pumped lighting a bit more cause I like the Quick distance kills but nice.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  3. Zylo

Zylo IncGamers Member

Sounds like a solid toon. Did you enjoy the build? Any future plans for him?

A flood of memories hit me with the ol' NesQuik reference. I remember being a little kid and watching The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! and drinking that stuff. Chocolate>Strawberry

4. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

The effect of the might merc was somewhat underwhelming, I always prefer to carry out a character as planned if at all possible, but Prayer & Infinity? I've already got a level 25 Conviction aura going myself and I never really had problems with health. Besides, I don't have an infinity hanging around.

He was easy, but perhaps too easy to be really fun. The fact that he went exactly according to plan is always fun though. He can clean of the Council on /p3 easily and safety, but he'll probably just go into storage. I tend to loose interest in characters once I've finished.

5. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Insight Sorry - edit High level +35% FCR Pray skill and meditation on him. (you don't have 1 pt in any heal auras?)
    = you both are hard to kill.
    The HoBL gives you the +4 FoH I referenced and was not clear in your skills list and the HOZ um is nice but Spirit Ward
    v1.10+ Stats
    =
    [​IMG]
    Spirit Ward
    Ward 153-170 Defense
    354.2-478.8 Total Defense
    333 Durability
    185 Str Required
    Item Level: 76
    Clvl req: 68 +130-180% Enhanced Defense
    +6-11 Cold Absorb
    All Resistances +30-40
    20-30% Increased Chance of Blocking
    25% Faster Block Rate
    5% Chance to cast level 8 Fade when struck Listed Blocking:
    Pal: 74-84%
    Am/As/B: 69-79%
    D/S/N: 64-74%
    Weight: Medium
    Speed: -20
    11-35 Smite Damage - See more at: http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Spirit_Ward#sthash.x7OY1qOq.dpuf

Ward shield on switch can work for buff if stand in a fire until fade triggers and heal in town.
    Casting a Ward?
    I love a guardian angel and um have a upped hellforge plate one High Def and the +15max all resists = 95% not 75% resists. Trigger a fade on a shield etc and it's sick, Add High Level Pray and Meditation and I can go get a sandwich and let George and the auras do it with conviction til we hit the boss and the Smackdown starts..

Pal's are nice as the Unique/Rare/Magical E Ticket Scepters, Armor and Shield with skill builds let you perform at top level compared to runeword heavy builds in other classes IMHO

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015