Patriarch...OH NO!!!!!!!

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
Patriarch...OH NO!!!!!!!

Well, I had intended on introducing my first Patriarch character today. I finished WSK level 2 & 3, then the Throne room. Not too much trouble there, Lister was mana burn, but no biggie, Berserk did him in. Then on to Baal. This was tough for me. After 4 trips to town to replenish health and mana, and about 20 minutes later, my merc made the finishing blow. Baal started his death animation, then it happened. My computer completely froze up! Nothing responded! I couldn't Alt+Tab back to windows, I had nothing. I let it sit there for 15 minutes, hoping it would work its problems out, but to no avail. :rant:

Long story short, I still don't have my Patriarch....hopefully that will change tonight...

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Bummer about that - you'll get it tonight though. Make sure you close any other programs that are open. Including ones in the sys tray.

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
whomhead said:
Bummer about that - you'll get it tonight though. Make sure you close any other programs that are open. Including ones in the sys tray.
yeah and if you are into alt tabbing out of the game and back, my experience is that D2 doesn't like it and REALLY doesn't like it if you have dual monitors going. On my box, which, granted is not the best, you can alttab out say...6 times, then you get the freeze. once i plugged in the other monitor, i can swing it maybe twice...? this is from within an active game however. doing it form the menu is fine but mostly i just avoid it.

Sorry though Jrla.

Darkwell

Diabloii.Net Member
This happens to me frequently. I've found that if I minimize the game screen there will be a small message window indicating, in my case, an unreadable game line. If I hit o.k. the game terminates, but if I just close the small window, I can then maximize the game and it will continue on and I can play without any loss.

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm I alt + tab out of my game all the time and nothing ever happens.

*knocks on wood*

Anyways, good luck on getting your revenge on baal jrlafrance

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Play D2 in window mode then you won't get the alt tab troubles.

Oh windowed mode just add " -w " in the shortcut.

Sorry to hear about the losing of patriarch title.

MFMOFO

Banned
Don't worry young padwan... you can do it again!
And remember... the fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side. So clear up your mind and spank Baal another time!
May the Force be with you!

I minimize my game all the time (regularly play D2 and post at same time) And ive never had the game freeze while going it. Ive had the game freeze randomly at other times though, so its probably nothing to do with minimizing.

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
I will leave my game up for several days at a time, minimizing when I'm not playing. Rarely do I have issues, never like this. I don't like playing in window mode, I like the full screen play style.