Patriarch Giese, Fury/Rabies Druid

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Patriarch Giese, Fury/Rabies Druid

This is going to be a PvP char, but the listed stats/equipment/whatever is the PvM questing/baal running setup.


Patriarch Giese, Level 85 Fury/Rabies Druid

Str: 165 (215)
Dex: 178 (201)
Vit: 152 (187)
Ene: 20 (40)

Life (with WW, BO, OS): 2720
Mana: 402
Resists: 73/75/80/74
Fury Damage: lots. LCS can't handle the pwnage that is grief and I don't wanna do the math.
Fury AR: 7460
Rabies Damage (per skill tree): 11997-12444 over 15.6s

Skills:
Werewolf: 1 (11)
Lycanthropy: 20 (30)
Feral Rage: 1 (11)
Rabies: 20 (30)
Fury: 20 (30)
Poison Creeper: 20 (24)
Raven: 1 (5)
Spirit Wolf: 1 (5)
Oak Sage: 12 (16)

Equipment:
Jalal's Mane (Um)
Fortitude Archon Plate
Pain Hand Crafted Gloves (+7 dex, +20 life, +28% FR, 3% LL, 25% PLR, 10% CB)
Verdungo's Hearty Cord
Gore Rider
Highlord's Wrath
Raven Frost
Bone Whorl (+4 min dmg, +4% res all, +21% CR, 6% LL, 6% ML)
Grief Phase Blade
Stormshield (PD)

Might Merc:
The Reaper's Toll, Shaftstop, Vampire Gaze


Well, grief pwns. Fury is annoying - it's kinda like an underpowered and buggy version of zeal. Rabies is neat but not tremendously effective. It was helpful against large groups of low hp monsters like flayers and such (though I doubt I really would have killed much slower just using fury), and quite nice against PI's while I was waiting for decrep to trigger. I came to think of it as an area-of-effect PMH.

Based on the fact that I was using a grief at 5 frames, there wasn't anything at all that remotely resembled a challenge. I played hell on p8 through diablo then just set it down to p1 for A5 because I wanted to do MP baals to level instead of questing. Ancients = cake, minions = cake, baal = slightly less cake. I was actually surprised at how annoying the baal fight was (relatively speaking - he still went down quickly with nothing even close to a NDE). He spawned a clone instantly and they both spammed the ice wedge the whole fight, so I basically spent the whole fight running towards him.

Lem/Gul from HFs (yay, first decent HF drop I've gotten in a while). Got a 200%ed/8%LL titan's from hell diablo and a mediocre thunderstroke from some random monster in A2 or A3 or something.

Also, it looks like my prediction after my last pat was accurate - exactly a week since the previous was finished. Next up will likely be another class-specific set (probably amazon) assuming I can come up with a build I like.

-CG
 

isan

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patriarch Giese, Fury/Rabies Druid

Congratz for the Pat, Colorless Green. This build is one of my future plan and your Pat thread remind me to start the build. I do not have any Fortitude or Grief now (hopefully someday I will have), but I already have other Unique gears you mentioned. Maybe I will use "Oath" ethBerserker Axe (version 1.11 though) and "Duress" Boneweave later as their substitute.
I am kind of confused, you said that your damage is so big that LCS can't handle, but then you said that it is underpowered and buggy version of zeal. I have tried zealot build so I have the picture of zealots, can you explain our statement a little bit?
 

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patriarch Giese, Fury/Rabies Druid

I am kind of confused, you said that your damage is so big that LCS can't handle, but then you said that it is underpowered and buggy version of zeal. I have tried zealot build so I have the picture of zealots, can you explain our statement a little bit?
The LCS doesn't display the correct damage for grief. It leaves out the +damage which is kind of what makes the wpn so amazing. It'll say he's doing like 1500-2000 when in all reality he's doing much much more. Basically he just didn't want to run the math to tell us his correct damage, because well math sucks :p. Not sure what he meant on the buggy part though.

Grats on the pat though CG. I hope you enjoy the pvp scene with him. What will your stats be in a pvp set up? Your life seems a little on the low side with your current questing gear.



 

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patriarch Giese, Fury/Rabies Druid

isan said:
Congratz for the Pat, Colorless Green. This build is one of my future plan and your Pat thread remind me to start the build. I do not have any Fortitude or Grief now (hopefully someday I will have), but I already have other Unique gears you mentioned. Maybe I will use "Oath" ethBerserker Axe (version 1.11 though) and "Duress" Boneweave later as their substitute.
I am kind of confused, you said that your damage is so big that LCS can't handle, but then you said that it is underpowered and buggy version of zeal. I have tried zealot build so I have the picture of zealots, can you explain our statement a little bit?
Oath and Duress should be excellent budget substitutes. I say underpowered compared to zeal because fury has far less skill damage to it than zeal does (not to mention synergies and auras adding far more damage), is interruptible, and is a frame slower. Regarding buggy damage:

ahcw said:
The LCS doesn't display the correct damage for grief. It leaves out the +damage which is kind of what makes the wpn so amazing. It'll say he's doing like 1500-2000 when in all reality he's doing much much more. Basically he just didn't want to run the math to tell us his correct damage, because well math sucks :p.
Exactly.


ahcw said:
Not sure what he meant on the buggy part though.
Regarding buggy fury:

(1) there's some weird crap with range that causes a lot of attempted furies to just use a normal attack. This wasn't so bad once I started using grief, but using a buriza to level, for example, I couldn't attack by clicking on a target because fury would never land - I had to run up to the monster without ever clicking on him then shift-attack. I think this occurs when the weapon range is less than the range of werewolf's arms.

(2) any time I get hit (or block, or FHR, I never bothered to figure out which exactly it was that was causing it, but it involved being attacked), all further furies in that cycle would miss. Very, very annoying against fast hitting things.


ahcw said:
Grats on the pat though CG. I hope you enjoy the pvp scene with him. What will your stats be in a pvp set up? Your life seems a little on the low side with your current questing gear.
I don't have exact stats figured out, since for one thing he won't be pvp'ing before level 90. The PvM setup uses no vita charms, though, while the PvP setup will use quite a few. I was worried about the life pool too when I realized that I wouldn't be able to stat around anything besides raven frost, but I was told to get over it, so I've put my faith in vita charms.



-CG
 

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patriarch Giese, Fury/Rabies Druid

Regarding buggy fury:

(1) there's some weird crap with range that causes a lot of attempted furies to just use a normal attack. This wasn't so bad once I started using grief, but using a buriza to level, for example, I couldn't attack by clicking on a target because fury would never land - I had to run up to the monster without ever clicking on him then shift-attack. I think this occurs when the weapon range is less than the range of werewolf's arms.
Hmm that is a little weird. Way back in 1.09 my friend used a buriza on his fury druid for awhile but I don't remember him saying much about it. I'm betting you're right about the wpn range thing. Did you use fury on left click or right click?


CG said:
(2) any time I get hit (or block, or FHR, I never bothered to figure out which exactly it was that was causing it, but it involved being attacked), all further furies in that cycle would miss. Very, very annoying against fast hitting things.
My guess is blocking. Wolves have horrible block speeds which is why I never use a shield for pvm (High fhr + life leech = good). Since you were using grief though it was understandable that you had SS. However, once you start dueling I'd put a shael in the SS instead of the Pdiamond.


CG said:
I don't have exact stats figured out, since for one thing he won't be pvp'ing before level 90. The PvM setup uses no vita charms, though, while the PvP setup will use quite a few. I was worried about the life pool too when I realized that I wouldn't be able to stat around anything besides raven frost, but I was told to get over it, so I've put my faith in vita charms.
I'm sure you'll be alright with your final gear/charms. I hope you have fun with him man :)



 
Top