Patriarch FryEmUp, 2nd of the "7 Builds I Have Not Tried"

Smittyphi

Diabloii.Net Member
See my "7 Builds" here.

FryEmUp was slated to be a Holy Shock FoH Paladin. I started out as a Holy Fire Paladin to level up. I killed Andariel and i the middle of the 2nd act, I switched over to Holy Shock. I maxed Holy Shock, then Resists Lightning and then Fist of the Heaven. From level 18, I used Rusthandle as my weapon until level 30 when I used Stormeye, which is a perfect mid-game weapon for this build. Once I hit 54, I used the real gem of this build, a perfectly rolled Crescent Moon

In the middle of act 3 NM is when I dinged and equipped it. I immediately bumped up the /p to 8 and well, I cruised. I had to bump that down to /p3 in Hell but in the middle of act 2, the Merc equipped Infinity and /p5 was comfortable that way. Before I go further let me explain that this build is an offensive Juggernaut. You lay waste to your enemies with Conviction from Infinity and then the negative enemy Lightning resist from Crescent Moon. However, this build does NOT have defense. Even with a Defiance Merc and a level 26 Holy Shield you take damage. I used lots of Rejuvs and also used cleansing and redemption. I had life steal but with the physical damage from the Phase Blade so low, it doesn't help that much. And I was also lazy and didn't feel like transfer the CtA over either. :shrug:.

Now you may have noticed that I'm missing talking about FoH. Sadly, there is a reason for that. It just. wasn't. Fun. It was clunky, awkward and messed with the overall flow of the battle. I wanted so badly to make that skill work but I couldn't. I used my NM respec to go fully Holy Shock and a high Holy Shield.

I finished Act 3, 4 and 5 today and while I find this build fun, I would rather play this one in a party. It's fun but highly advisable to skip HC with this build. If you want a safe, Holy Elemental build, go with Frost. I give this build a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

peytron

Diabloii.Net Member
Awesome build. I have one of these lined up for my next Paladin. I can take a guess at most of your gear based on your screenshot, but what armour/gloves do you have equipped? Thanks!

Smittyphi

Diabloii.Net Member
Aaaaaaaaaaaalright! Big fan of the shockadin. Nice writeup. Any good finds?
Found a Baal GC. Other than that, nope.

Edit: found a spectral shard so I may use that for my early hammerdin I'm making at some point but a spirit sword may still be better

Smittyphi

Diabloii.Net Member
Awesome build. I have one of these lined up for my next Paladin. I can take a guess at most of your gear based on your screenshot, but what armour/gloves do you have equipped? Thanks!
Armor is an ethereal Wire Fleece Prudence. Gloves are some crafted Gloves. Gave the stats of the ring and gloves since they were crafted gloves and rare ring

Fiend Fist
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 65
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xa86a6884
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+83% Enhanced Defense
+10 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Lightning Resist +29%
Poison Resist +19%
+1 to Mana after each Kill
11% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Rune Touch
Ring
Required Level: 35
Fingerprint: 0xa67954da
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
6% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Energy
+13 to Life
Cold Resist +15%
Poison Resist +10%

Nosferatu belt

Gore riders

Raven Frost

Highlords Wrath

peytron

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, is the Prudence mostly for the damage reduction mods? Have you considered String of Ears, Treachery, or Vampire Gaze for more? Understanding you probably like the +skills and magic find from Harlequin Crest though.

Thanks for sharing!

Smittyphi

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah, is the Prudence mostly for the damage reduction mods? Have you considered String of Ears or Vampire Gaze for more? Understanding you probably like the +skills and magic find from Harlequin Crest though.

Thanks for sharing!
HC for the skills and life. I considered string of ears for the DR but I took Nosferatu for the speed because I did have prudence for the DR. It may be safer and I may look into that. It's not like I'm going to transfer much from this to my next paladin because my next will be a hammerdin

galtwish

Diabloii.Net Member
Gore Riders and Highlord's Wrath may have made your play through less enjoyable--Deadly Strike is kid of wasted on this build. A +skills amulet with resists and 20% IAS gloves with resists might have helped. Good call on Nosferatu's Coil.

My Tesladin put 1 point in Holy Shield and went Holy Frost/Holy Shock/Zeal and was a blast to play. I used Voice of Reason + Crescent Moon in phase blades and made it through the game with a few deaths but a great ride.

Smittyphi

Diabloii.Net Member
Gore Riders and Highlord's Wrath may have made your play through less enjoyable--Deadly Strike is kid of wasted on this build. A +skills amulet with resists and 20% IAS gloves with resists might have helped. Good call on Nosferatu's Coil.
That's the thing. I've had very poor luck getting good, rare, paladin amulets. Looking at my meager paladin amulets, highlords was the best option