Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Patriarch DrBannerLives

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SimontheBulletFreak, Apr 12, 2005.

1. SimontheBulletFreak

SimontheBulletFreak IncGamers Member

Patriarch DrBannerLives

Hello Everybody! It has been quite some time since my last post but today I got my second character class to Pat status and thought I'd share. As with my last char, the FrostZealot, I have to throw out the disclaimer that there is some ubergear in here which made things a bit easier (thanks once agian to my little brother for laying on me a 4000 item stash when he quit SP). Without futhur ado I introduce you to DrBannerLives, my Conc/Berserker Barb. I maxed out Battle Orders, Shout, Sword Mastery, and Concentrate with some points spread around the combat masteries (increase speed, natural resist is VERY helpful).

DrBannerLives lvl 78
    Stats with gear and charms
    STR: 250
    DEX: 175
    VIT: 164
    EN: 10

Helm: Demonhorn's Edge Destroyer Helm
    Armor: Chains of Honor Balrog Skin
    Boots: War Travelers (45% MF)
    Gloves: IK
    Belt: Nosferatu's Coil
    Manald Heal/Raven Frost/Seraph's Hymn
    Frostwind Cryptic Sword and Tiamat's Rebuke with PDiamond
    Flamebellow Balrog Blade and Tiamat's Rebuke with PDiamond on switch
    Charms: Gheed's, +1 WC w/3-6 fire, +1 Masteries, 203 life, 94 mana, and assorted lightning and poison damage

NM Offensive Merc
    Harlequin Crest Shako, Eth Reaper's Toll, and Duriel's Shell

I pretty much breezed through with some slow patches in the first two acts of Hell but that's not too unusual. I re-rolled the Hell ancients twice and then somehow I managed to tie two of them near a post and while I concentrated on one, my merc did some serious damage to the other two. All and all, not as much fun as playing one of the old 1.09 WW barbs but still pretty cool and a very easy, viable build. I recommend it if you want to have a sure fire Barb build.

I haven't decided what to do next. I have begun a Freezing Arrow/Light Fury hybrid Zon but I'm not so sure it will work. I'm thinking of doing a Skellymance (although I've never played the Necro at all) or a Meterob sorc. The goal of course is one of each class. More to come.... :thumbsup:

2. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Congrats on the pat!

Quite nice of your brother to give you a CoH. That's an amazing armor. Shame he didn't give you an Arreat's Face in that stash as well, since its a much more useful helm than Demonhorn's.

3. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Pat. :thumbsup: wow thats really nice of your brother to give you that 4000 item stash, wish i had a brother that would give me 4000 items :(

cheers, C.T.

4. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Even with that equip, Hell melee is no picnic. Congrats. The CoH is nice overkill. With that said did you get often? I've always wondered about Conc. barbs. I have a Frenzy Barb and he makes me nervous.

5. SimontheBulletFreak

Yes, my brother's stash was like having ten years' worth of Christmas all at once. So much so that I believe I may have a giveaway soon of all the duplicates of certain high end stuff. He gave me quite a few runewords which I was suspicious of at first but they're all legit. Arreat's Face is one I'm still missing though along with some of the high end swords.

I think I died abut a half dozen times, all in Hell. Iron Maiden was the most frequent culprit of this since I had two high dam weapons on switch to deal with immunes. I never died on the minions or any boss.

By the way, speaking of items, I cannot for the life of me find a .pdf file for 1.10 grailing. Only Excel. Anybody help? Sorry for the off-topic question.

6. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

I wasn't going to say anything but...

Firstly, making a CoH in a balrog skin is crazy. IIRC it would require 160 ish str, and this is far more than any caster would want to put there.

Arreat's ain't that hard to find either

Thirdly, You've only got a 45% mf pair of war travs. IMHO "your brother" would have found a far better pair by the time he found a ber.

Frostwind+tiamats/flamebellow+tiamats? 'nuf said.

your charms are a little bit sub-par too compared to a CoH. Fine smalls/grand steels with a second mod are what I kit out my barbs with.

I'm not really accusing you of anything but I suggest you think twice before making a giveaway

edit:http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=284486

So - how many CoH's do you have :rolleyes:

7. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I agree with CoH out of a Balrog's ... is crazy. No big (only 70%) Enhanced Defence on the CoH highly suggests low(er) str armor. An Archon Plate would have been infinitely better with the same defence level and ~ 55 str less requirement and no speed/stamina penalty. 55 str points saved (or so not including +str gear) means crazy life after BO etc.

However, I disagree with Arreat's not "being that hard to find" Not for me anyways.

I have 5 IK Soul Cages. Not one Arreat's ... how about layin' some good ol' WF on me huh?

8. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

wow that sure is weird. I'll trade you an arreats for an iksc :D

9. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Grats on the Patriarch.

-----
    I highly doubt about two CoH "given" by a family member but shermo's affirmation aren't really accurate IMO.

Hmmm, I've never seen a Arreats dropping but I already saw a Ber. (i.e saw it drop but someone else grabbed it :eek: )

Well, if he has the same luck as me in random roll. He could have found 3billions war trav and never get a roll over 45 :D

PS: Not trying to flame/offend shermo, only saying my .02$ :clap:

10. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Fair enough, I'm just saying things based on my own experiences; I've found 3 war travs with >45% mf and maybe 6 arreats. Highest runes = Lo, Ohm, Vex

Any one such example can be rebuked, but when you take them all together, that's when it looks sus

11. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Highest runes found: Sur , Sur, Sur

Arreats found: 2 or 3.

War travellers found with >45% : 0

I must look weird then. :p

Congrats on the pat.

12. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

only if you went out and made 3 brambles in balrog skins :lol:

13. SimontheBulletFreak

Well, I believe an answer or two is in order...
    I have two CoH, a balrog skin and embossed plate which my brother told me were legit. I remember him saying he found them. Now, does that sound suspect...of course. But being my brother and a bit on the gentle side, I trust him. If you don't then don't take any items from me when(or should I say if now) I offer them. Is it that we're all so used to high level runes being so rare that when other people have them they're automatically a cheater? Don't get me wrong, I see your point. Think what you will.

Next, as for making CoH in a balrog skin--I didn't make it. I only used it because the def was higher than the embossed plate which I still use on my pally.

Third, I found those war travs on a Meph run (not from the given stash) and yes, I still have yet to find an Arreat's Face. MF is a funny thing.

Lastly, could you could you expound a bit as to your comment on the weapons and shields? I used what I had and it worked.

Anyway, just felt I needed to throw in my bit. My thanks to those of you who can simply congratulate.

14. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answers.

We had a similar situation here a few months back (some of you may remember) when a member found a zod MPing with a good friend. It turned out that the zod wasn't legit even though said friend claimed it was.

Likewise I'm sure your bro meant well by giving you 2 CoHs. However lots of people don't have the same standards of "legitness" as we try to uphold here. Ultimately, since you didn't find them you just don't know.

Whatever the outcome, it's not too much of an issue so long as you don't interact with the trading/giveaway/MPing community.

Congrats on the pat :clap:

edit:

About the weapons, I meant that there are many other Uniques which surpass frostwind. And likewise for shields (stormshield). Again, they're not common, but you "should" have found them by the time you get 2 bers