Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Patriarch Devagen

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thirty-Thirty, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty Diabloii.Net Member

Patriarch Devagen

Ahoy,

After a few tolerant sessions on the part of my MP friends, my Avenger killed Baal a few hours ago. What I mean is that Nepeta's Blizzsorc butchered him on our behalf, but, whatever...

Patriarch Devagen
    Level 82 Avenger

Stats
    Str: 65(155)
    Dex: 60(111)
    Vit: 315(350)
    NRG: Base.
    50 left over.

Resists: 95/95/95/10

Damage: 1756 - 3915 @ 9 fpa (IIRC)
    Defense: ~6000
    Life: 1278
    Mana: 176

Skills
    20 Conviction
    20 Vengeance
    10 Resist Fire
    10 Resist Cold
    10 Resist Lightning
    10 Holy Shield

Gear
    Rockstopper
    Guardian Angel
    Herald of Zakarum (PDiamond)
    Immortal King's Forge
    Immortal King's Detail
    Rune Master - ShaelShaelShal, 2 35% ED j00lz.
    Entropy Mark - 12 str, 8 dex, 11 resist all, 5% mana leech
    Raven Frost
    Bitter Band - 10/22/16 resist F/L/C
    Cruel Spur - 19/32 resist F/C

Merc
    Act III Cold Merc
    Ethereal Harlequin Crest
    Spirit Crystal Sword
    Lidless Wall
    Ethereal Que-Hagan's Wisdom

Not much to this boy. I twinked him like nothing on earth. At first I was trying to keep his Strength to a minimum, but the low dex I needed for max block meant I had some extra points to throw around, and I'd hit my target of 1200 HP. All the equipping/dequipping at the start of the game was getting to me, so I just punched a few into Str.

As for Hell, not much to say. This character can tank very well indeed. Elemental attacks almost don't exist, and physical can't be dealt with. The notable fights would've been the Ancients, Lister and Baal, but Nepeta helped out with all three. His lightningsorc toasted the Ancients with the Conviction. We played to Baal with his Blizzsorc, which was incredible. I didn't see Lister's mods. Baal didn't last long either. Good thing, because I was struggling to land a hit. (I'll probably do this again solo sometime, just to prove that I can.)

Also, his gear should change a bit. My resists are actually 105, because I twinked to 95 before I rescued Anya. I'm thinking I should change the belt to Verdungo's, String of Ears or Thundergod's. (I lean towards Tgod's, since he'll end up in Baal runs.) Then the gloves will have to change to something else: probably Laying of Hands.

A comment on the Iron Wolf... With the gear I gave him, he is actually quite useful. Most of the time he's freezing stuff, so I'm safe, but on /players 1, he actually kills by himself, too. Also, his shiver armour gave him ~5k defense, so he was fairly survivable. It became a pain in Harrogath though: most of the Cold Immunes are unbreakable. At least I can take style points, though.

I've had a lot of fun MPing with this guy. Everyone loves an Avenger, so expect to see more of this particular Paladin.

Cheers,
    30-30

2. TrubbaNot

TrubbaNot Diabloii.Net Member

Congratulations! It's wonderful to see someone using one of those poor, neglected Iron Wolves.

3. seige

seige Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats Thirty-Thirty :thumbsup:

You certainlly do :)

- Jas :howdy:

4. steelsixtyIV

steelsixtyIV Diabloii.Net Member

My first (and only) 1.10 Guardian was an Avenger just like yours. Gratz on the accomplishment!

5. nepeta

nepeta Diabloii.Net Member

What do you think 5K blizz does to a P1 Baal under influence of conviction... Poort thang!

GG on the pat tho, shows once again that it's possible to pat without teh 1337 weaponry.

Vale!

6. scarred_life

scarred_life Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on the Pat!! :clap:

Still working on getting there, fresh install of d2 with 1.11b and working my fishy. lvl 19 act1 in the jail.

7. Reborn2k

Reborn2k Diabloii.Net Member

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

An avenger... Never made one. I can't think that it's fun with such a slow attack speed and no leech... But conviction is just too cool and useful in MP! And I guess blocking is much fun. :D How about gloams with 95 res?

8. Naracla

Naracla Diabloii.Net Member

I have a half-finished Avenger collecting dust. With your example, maybe I should bring him out again and kick some demon arse. Congrats on the pat :clap: .

9. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Patriarch Devagen

Congrats!

I love Avengers and Guardian Angel is just made for them. There is nothing quite like 95 resists! Might I suggest getting some crushing blow (probably from Gore Riders if you can make up those resists from charms) or you could go the War Traveller route....