Patriarch Dawn Treader - 2H PDR Zealot

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
Patriarch Dawn Treader - 2H PDR Zealot

Patriarch Dawn Treader

"Gabriel, why are you still up? You know there's nothing we can do about the beasts outside the convent, it's in His hands now," said Sister Luke.

"I know, Sister, I just wish I could help, somehow..." said Gabriel.

Sister Luke gently placed her hand on the child's shoulder and softly said "Well, let me tell you of a knight I once met while traveling in the Northern Steppes in Harrogoth. He was an orphan, like you Gabriel, and he was raised by warrior tribes to wield their weapons".

"Was he a savage like the rest of the barbarians?" Gabriel asked excitedly.

"No, he wasn't, Gabriel. You know the Northern Tribes aren't savages, they merely practice a different set of beliefs. No...there's not doubt he was a knight of G_d. I witnessed him stand fast again a legion of demons and emerge unscathed, shining like the sun over the mountains of Westmarch," said Sister Luke.

-

Dawn Treader is a combination of two ideas I've been trying to make work for awhile now: A PDR build and a 2H meleer. I'd say he was success on both counts. The major goals I had for this character were a (1) good damage from a long range 2H weapon (2) 100 PDR (3) max resist all. One wasn't too difficult once I acquired a Tomb Reaver, I just missed achieving two by 1 stinkin' PDR, and three was achieved.

I started off meleeing with one handers until 31, and then proceeded to demolish the Sanctuary with ribcracker, seamlessly upgrading to an upgraded ribbie at 56 and cruising along until I managed to finally hit 84 and then 85 for Tomb Reaver and Gladiator's Bane, respectively.

So hey, for the 99% of the journey I was just a standard power zealot using a 2hander. Fully geared, I wandered into Ancient's Way at P8 and walked into of couple left hooks from the native Yeti's - my health budged slightly. Dawn Treader succeeded where most of my PDR builds had failed by finally getting enough of it to make a difference. It obviously would have been easier with a Gerke's and a one hander but what's the fun in that?

Stats
Lvl 85
Zeal Damage: 1348-6063
Zeal Damage w/ Might + Enchant: 1717-7436
Vengeance Damage w/ Enchant: 1538-6639
Life: 1214 | Mana: 184
Resists: 75/75/85/75

Str: 125
Dex: **
Vit: 292
Nrg: 15

20 Zeal
20 Sac
20 Fanat
20 RL
1 Veng
12 unspent points

My Gear
'Sol Sol' Tiara of Life Everlasting (38 PDR)
Scintillating Amulet of Life Everlasting (15 all/23 PDR)
Tomb Reaver (see below)
Glad Bane (27 PDR/20 MDR)
Laying of Hands
String of Ears (15 MDR)
Sandstorm Trek
Nature's Peace (11 PDR)
Corruption Whorl ring (see below)

A ton of resist charms with a couple fine charms

Code:
Tomb Reaver
Cryptic Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 136 to 621
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Dexterity: **
Required Strength: 140
Required Level: 84
Polearm Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0xb876b3d3
+1 to Strength
+314% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +45
79% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+12 Life after each Kill
+4 to Light Radius
Requirements -15%
60% Increased Attack Speed
219% Damage to Undead
+252 to Attack Rating against Undead
10% Reanimate As: Returned
Socketed (3: 3 used)

Corruption Whorl
Ring
Required Level: 65
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0x147b1f7
+43 to Mana
+115 to Attack Rating
+5 to Minimum Damage
Lightning Resist +20%
8% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
Merc
Reaper's
Shaftstop
Kira's

scottee

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patriarch Dawn Treader - 2H PDR Zealot

Hehe, glad to see that the tomby and glad's did what you were looking for. My piosonmancer is only a few levels away from the Dweb, so you'll be seeing a similar thread from me soon :wink3:

Grats on the pat!

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member

Hehe, glad to see that the tomby and glad's did what you were looking for. My piosonmancer is only a few levels away from the Dweb, so you'll be seeing a similar thread from me soon :wink3:

Grats on the pat!
Thanks scottee, without that Tomb Reaver this build wouldn't have been possible. This is actually a rebuild after I realize my first attempt at 2h PDR zealot was doomed. I initially tried it with a badass rare cryptic axe but I realized I needed my weapon to have a bunch of resists for me to achieve max resists.

friedbananazzzz

Diabloii.Net Member

hahaha, I have almost the exact same build going myself right now, but he's using 2h swords (passion Balrog on switch for zerkin').

Our PDR differences:
item yours/mine
helm 38/37
ammy 23/23
armour 27/28
ring 11/10

I'm in A4 NM and enjoying it immensly right now, just not sure what to use as the final weapon (Doombringer is cooler, but Oath ethBalrog Blade has A LOT more damage). Also going for a little more of an abbot vibe, with maxed Prayer (and a Prayer/Insight merc).

Congrats.

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice work on the Pat!

Must be weird levelling all that way just to use two items, but I've never made a character that relied on a weapon that much. One day I'm going to do something like this, but combine it with the Riftadin idea that's in the
M/P/G thread.