Dex: 62 (78)
Vit: 331 (331)
Ene: 10 (10)

Life: 3783
Mana: 301
Resists: 75/8/80/85
Damage: 2372-7041/2110-6344
AR: 7749/7732
DS: 90% (about 92% chance of double damage counting CS, will increase a good bit as I level)
CB: 65%

Skills:
Frenzy: 20 (24)
Double Swing: (8)
Sword Mastery: (21)
Taunt: 20 (24)
Battle Orders: 20 (24)
One Point Wonders/Pre-Reqs: 1 (5)

Equip:
Andariel's Visage (AR/IAS jewel)
Fortitude
Laying of Hands
Nosferatu's Coil
Gore Rider
Highlord's Wrath
Raven Frost
Stone Touch Ring (92 AR, 29 LR, 8 PR, 5 LL)
1.07 eth Death Colossus Blade (383% ED)
1.07 eth Death Colossus Blade (329% ED)
dual echoing jav's on switch
charms are resists and AR

Might Merc: The Reapers Toll, ebug Treachery Embossed Plate, Tal's Mask

This was fun.

I played the entire game (minus act bosses/ancients) p8 with no slowdowns. In fact, I can tear through p8 WSK faster than the majority of my chars can do it on p1 - one to two hit kills on basically everything, combined with the absurd FRW speed of a frenzier is pretty impressive.

I currently do about 40k damage per second in this gear, not counting CB, and I'm not done levelling and synergizing, and I'm wearing extremely defensive equipment. Using a pits setup (completely sacrificing resists) I can reach a good bit past 50k. My current gear setup provides 5.5 fpa - I can hit 5 fpa by switching forti out for treachery, but that equates to less damage over time due to the coolness of fortitude. I can also switch to a MF setup (skullders instead of forti, MF charms instead of resists, dual ali's on switch to hork) and maintain a very good p8 pits speed. I'm pretty sure he outdoes my WF/forti strafer in pits speed in both the 0%MF and 250-300%MF categories.

I don't really know what all else to say about the char - my usual list of how the tough fights went is rather pointless (if you want to see it, just imagine any given spot in the game and add "was absurdly easy"). Pul/Hel from forges, only useful questing find was a Trang's belt. I definitely plan to level him up some more and use him as a pits/WSK runner.

-CG

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patriarch Cervantes, Frenzier... of DEATH

Sounds powerful:thumbup:

I'm planning a similar character, with Oath/Grief ethBAs, and Tal's mask/armour/belt for MF

Can I see readouts of those swords, I thought Death had no IAS and still you've got a fast frenzy speed, perhaps I've been using the calculator wrong, or perhaps BAs are too slow

Nice name as well, was expecting a BK setup, with the big and little sword combo;now you need to find a couple of rares called Soul Edge :p

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member

That's absolutely sick. Woot. Now rebuild and do it with a Titan/All-Str Character. An additional 300% damage or so never hurt anyone.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member

Death has no IAS, but with a slvl 24 frenzy using dual CB's, I hit 5.5 frames at 75% oIAS, and 5 frames at 129% oIAS. Berserker axes are (slightly) faster - you won't have to devote pretty much all of your non-weapon slots to IAS gear like I do. Keep in mind that your secondary weapon's IAS has no effect whatsoever (though the weapon's base speed does). With an oath zerker primary and a grief zerker secondary using slvl 24 frenzy, your bp's are 13% and 59% for 5.5 and 5 frame. Much better than my 75/129.

Code:
Death
Superior Colossus Blade
'HelElVexOrtGul'
One-Hand Damage: 178 to 517
Two-Hand Damage: 420 to 916
Required Dexterity: 78
Required Strength: 141
Required Level: 63
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x49578e25
+371% Enhanced Damage [i](+12% undisplayed from superior)[/i]
+53 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
+1 to Light Radius
Requirements -20%
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
Indestructible
25% Chance to cast Level 18 Glacial Spike on attack
100% Chance to cast Level 44 Chain Lightning When You Die
Level 22 Blood Golem (15/15 Charges)
43% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)

Death
Superior Colossus Blade
'HelElVexOrtGul'
One-Hand Damage: 158 to 464
Two-Hand Damage: 373 to 823
Required Dexterity: 78
Required Strength: 141
Required Level: 63
Sword Class - Normal Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x5a1a015b
+316% Enhanced Damage [i](+13% undisplayed from superior)[/i]
+50 to Attack Rating
Adds 1-50 lightning damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
Increase Maximum Durability 11%
+1 to Light Radius
Requirements -20%
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
Indestructible
25% Chance to cast Level 18 Glacial Spike on attack
100% Chance to cast Level 44 Chain Lightning When You Die
Level 22 Blood Golem (15/15 Charges)
43% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (5: 5 used)
-CG

edit @CRG: Yeah, I seriously considered doing a titan build (I'd very much like to hit the 70k dmg/s mark so I can laugh at grief zealots), but I decided against it (at least for this char - I may well rebuild it) because with no block and abysmal resists (pre-charms, they're pretty much all red besides poison, which is where they'll be for pits), I didn't want to be low life as well.

Jingizu

Banned

Interesting setup... But why didn't you actually use for example above mentioned Oath/Death? You will have much better gear choices (Arreats, better melee belt etc.)

...and isn't making two Deaths i little bit expensive? (I do not know your rune pool...) Having two two-handed Deaths seems a bit strange and useless to me.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member

The short answer is style points. The long answer is absurdly high DS and CB. As for the expense, I refuse to HF rush for anything higher than Lo, and I already have (or have the runes for) everything I want that's Lo or below. If I start feeling remorseful over spending vex+gul on something that'll only ever get used on one char (the second one - the first one has other uses), I'll spend a few hours some afternoon HF rushing and get everything I spent back. I'll probably make a grief/death frenzier for comparison purposes at some point.

LoH and HW are things I'd probably use even if I didn't need the IAS, coil isn't exactly bad - it provides LL, and most of the other belts don't give anything besides life (or %dr, but I didn't really ever find myself in any physical danger). Arreats would be nice, but having to sacrifice it for Andy's didn't really hurt that much - the higher LL is quite helpful.

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

You go to old versions to hellforge rush, though, don't you? Patches nerfed rushing for a good reason...

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

This is a Pat thread. Not the place to discuss HF rushing. If you don't like it, don't do it and don't MP/trade with people who do.

Back ON topic .... Congratulations in the rather sick Pat, CG. :congratulations:

bladejj

Diabloii.Net Member

This is just sick. If I were to play with this character, I would probably die a lot due to the fact I would just charge into every battle regardless of how fatal it was.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member

This is just sick. If I were to play with this character, I would probably die a lot due to the fact I would just charge into every battle regardless of how fatal it was.
I would've thought that, too, but with a bit of leech and >9k damage every 5.5 frames, battles were very rarely fatal. The only two things I ever found dangerous were getting in a situation where I was taking a lot of hits from fast-hitting monsters when I wasn't already swinging (which can easily be avoided by starting to swing *before* I'm completely surrounded) and OK's, because charging into battle while IM'd is extremely fatal doing >9k per hit.

I've had no problems tanking p8 hell lister (though I haven't had any particularly scary mod combinations yet), hell ancients, frenzytaurs, whatever.

A good offense (assuming you have leech) is the best defense in this situation.

-CG

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member

Very nice Pat CG.

A good offense (assuming you have leech) is the best defense in this situation.

-CG
QFT. To take it a bit further, Barbs already get 4 health per Vita point, which is more than any other char. Why not put only 1 point into BO, let your echoing stuff and +skills crank it up to 10+ BO, and max out those Frenzy synergies?

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member

I might try something to that effect on the titan build, assuming I ever get around to doing it. Having base vit, limited BO, and damage-focused gear might be a little bit too fragile, though.

-CG

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah it might be a little scary zerking around IM with base Vit.

On another note, Lawbringers are nice in some situations too. You have more control over casting Decrep, rather than having to wait for the merc to do it for you.:thumbup:

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

Very nice dual DEATH, I like it. I have the rune to make DEATH, but I don't know what weapon or what build I would do. My HC only "policy" requires a little safer, more controllable build, which I cannot decide yet. I also like to keep the weapon more usable for different build, any suggestion?

mtzang

Diabloii.Net Member

Very very nice... I have been dreaming of making a frenzy barb with oath and barb but never actually got around to obtaining the runes. Just restarted a couple of days in fact.

Just wondering, would a beast + grief combo be superior to dual death?

Zefimas

Diabloii.Net Member

Gratz!
Possible that the name is from the character in Soul Calibur 2?:wink:

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member

DeathMaster said:
Very nice dual DEATH, I like it. I have the rune to make DEATH, but I don't know what weapon or what build I would do. My HC only "policy" requires a little safer, more controllable build, which I cannot decide yet. I also like to keep the weapon more usable for different build, any suggestion?
IMO, colossus blade is the perfect base for death. While I don't play HC, I'd recommend against making it in a one-handed weapon, though there are situations where it could be done I guess. Most of the builds I can think of capable of taking advantage of a big hurty weapon with no IAS are two handed. I recommend this thread for some other death-using ideas.

mtzang said:
Just wondering, would a beast + grief combo be superior to dual death?
As I don't have a beast, I can't say for sure, but it'd certainly give dual deaths a run for their money, and it'd be much more durable as you wouldn't have to devote as much gear to IAS.

Zefimas said:
Possible that the name is from the character in Soul Calibur 2?
Possible, yes. Also possible that it's from Soul Calibur 1 or Soul Calibur 3. Or even from sixteenth century literature, but I don't really envision Miguel de Cervantes running around with two big swords.

-CG

Justa

Diabloii.Net Member

I wanna ask this before the thread dies too much, but what did you use as a pit/mf gear setup?

It seems like your build has little or no MF with the gear mentioned, so I figure you must have a higher MF at the cost of res, which isnt a big deal in the pits - if so, share plx? :scratchchin:, if not - any ideas? 3 part tals? skullders.. WT's maybe..

I am planning a frenzier with a few variations

Noodle

Congratulations on a very impressive character!

- Noodle