Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Patriarch Bloody Spears!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vang, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Vang

Vang IncGamers Member

Patriarch Bloody Spears!

Ok, after looking at that sounds like a bad Brittney reference, anyways...

Bone spear. What can I say? I have never had the thought of doing a bone mancer, as they just never seemed appealing to me, high mana, decent damage, but starts really boring. Maybe why my highest to date was like level 30..

So how to spice up a character that looks fun, since:

a: It can pierce
    b: with proper arranging of character, can hit multiple targets?

Answer: Get meatshields that can't kill well but can last forever!

Now that we have that, lets see what we can come up with that is out of whack!

A: Blood Golem!
    B: Lifetap!

Looks like I'm on an A and B kick! Ok, next problem. Mana. I need to lay on that button and never let go!

Solution:

A: Insight duh!
    B: Energy points and +to mana items.

With that settled, my original goal was to go 20golem mastery, 20 Blood Golem. But well, Golem doesn't need that much and Blood Golem just adds to his pitiful damage(no bonus to life from himself, although mastery would add more)

So I switched it around, I'd go 1 into revives as well to add a few more meatshields, giving me with +skills 7revives, 4mages, 1 Holy Freeze merc to further slow them down, and 1 Blood Golem. Sounds like a sound plan, now does bone spear actually kill well? Yeah, sure does.

• So with my Blood Minions and my Bone Spears, I headed out into the Depths of Hell difficulty. Act1 was settled on /p3 like normal to give me a slight boost, and was handled quite well.
    • Act2 on the other hand, was very nice compared to my last two guardians in the Maggot Lair and Arcane sanctuary, everything dropped dead quite fast. The tomb was another story, I died twice, and on my third time in, I got a map with no stupid Ravagers(guys who are immune and raise undead) Act2 also was the only act I used any Corpse Explosion in, against those stupid things!
    • Act3-Act5/Ancients: Simple and Easy normal waypoints given and nothing posed a Threat, Diablo didn't kill My Mercenary which was a nice change.
    • WorldStone and Minions and Baal: Fairly Straight forward through this part, Stupid Undead spawn posed the only time consuming fight that lasted..3minutes maybe. Baal actually wiped everything out, save the Mighty BLOOD GOLEM and me! I headed into the River to get some big head bashers, and used my Ume's Lament for its Decrepify to slow him down enough to not move an inch, and he died shortly after.

Thoughts:

Blood Golem isn't that bad. He lasted quite a while and rarely died actually. He only had 2300 life and 70-190damage w/ 136%returned. Using Potions to heal me and him also was fun, and saved him a couple of times. Overall he performed well above what I expected and really took a pounding.

Bone Spear @Level 33 isn't bad at all, and was very easy to kill with and great to spam. Probably the coolest spammable spell in the game IMO.

Lifetap+ Minions+Blood Golem+Mercenary was very effective. Other than the Baal wipe, I rarely had anything die(though Blood Golem on both NM and Hell Lister's minions hated him and he did die, very odd) If need be I did get Attract to get the spare archer pack or two off my back. It was well worth that one point investment to get that.

ITEM FINDS! Yes, I actually found a few decent items.

Lem Rune from Hell Hellforge
    Trang's Helm
    36%ed jewel
    14cold resist/15ias jewel!
    BONESNAP(not ethereal, but kind of funny dropping for one of my Baal drops, considering my Assassin used it to knock his head off last time)

Stats/Equipment:
    Level 80
    Str: 60
    Dex: base
    Vit: 264
    Energy: 130
    Life: 903
    Mana: 523

Skills:
    10 Blood Golem
    5 Golem Mastery
    1 Revive
    1 Summon Resist
    1 Lifetap
    1 Attract
    19 Teeth
    20 Bone Spear
    20 Bone Spirit

Equipment:
    Vipermagi(23%) ptopaz socket
    +2 Rare Necro Circlet(resist)
    +1 Crafted Necro Amulet(7%fcr, resist, +61mana)
    White Wand(+2 bone spear on it, for +7total)
    Homunculus
    Trang's Gloves
    Nightsmoke
    Rare Rings(resist and each had 10%fcr)
    Rare Boots(36lr/19fr/25pr/20%frw)
    Switch: Ume's Lament/Rare Necro head(gave +2more blood golem more)
    Mercenary: Tal's helm, Ethereal Insight, Upped Shaftstop

Charms: +life/resist.

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: Patriarch Bloody Spears!

Congrats Vang! You go through characters at an incredible pace... and they're quite creative at that. Very nice.

How was your damage with only 2 synergies?

3. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Congrats on the very interesting build. Did you do a lotto to pick out your skills? lol

4. Vang

Vang IncGamers Member

A: I basically run them up to 40 then use my sorc to get whoever(sometimes multiple, saves time) up until mid sixties, or whenever they will be effective on their own)

B: [email protected] If I had a few better item(+3 white, +2amulet instead of +1) and a few skills It would probably be very nice!

Seemed that way. Seriously. No one uses Blood Golem and Lifetap as a combo right :thumbsup:

5. Simbacca

Simbacca IncGamers Member

Nice build :thumbsup:. Yes I thought the title was a goof on Brit, which is why I was half expecting to see a spear-using Amazon. Of course, it does say Patriarch :crazyeyes: