Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Patriarch BeefZerky, 1st of the "7 Builds I Have Not Tried"

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Smittyphi, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Smittyphi

Smittyphi Diabloii.Net Member

First of all, I am not long winded nor am I one to go into much detail of what I did.

Early last year, I posted a thread about builds I haven't tried. One of them was a Berserk Barbarian who used the Berserk skill to do the killing. There are basically 2 schools of thought with with complimentary skills for Berserk. Yell everyone away to kill the champions and superunique monsters or stun them and bast their heads in. Being softcore and not afraid of dying, bring on the monsters. Additionally, do you go two handed or sword and board. Bigger the better right? Of course I am. In my early bnet career, I played a singer and absolute loved it so being familiar with the playstyle, I ran with a singer/zerker.

All of upcoming 7 builds will be twinked, for the most part.

The biggest drawback, IMHO, is no leech. So I go with pots or Insight. I already had ant Eth CV Insight stick laying around with a level 16 meditation so I borrowed that for final merc stick.

BeefZerky began his career before my freezing bug hit computer so I honestly do not remember the early gameplay. Level 24 I went full 2-handed and used Bonesnap. Berserk unlocked at level 30 and one level later, I equipped Ribcracker. I have a special place in my heart for that weapon. It's fast and 50% CB. I rode that for 33 levels until I could equip Bonehew. Before starting Beef Zerky, I thankfully acquired all of the pieces for the IK set. So once I equipped Bonehew at level 64, it was 12 more levels until I could put on the Armor and equip the Maul. Now is the confession time. I absolutely hated this build. I did a Leap Attack and Concentrate Barb on Bnet and I hated both. As Berserk is a one target skill, I had a sinking feeling I was going to slog through it without fun. And I was right. However, I will point out that this build is incredibly powerful. It's just not for me.

BeefZerky pounded Baal into the ground in the WSK Chamber about 30 minutes ago as a level 78 IK Berserk Barb and will forever hang up his gear in the halls of the mountain. I used a Ravenfrost for CBF, a rare ring with AR, some resists and strength add and Saracen's Chance Amulet (because I totally forgot about upgrading).

Next on the list is one I'm excited about - A Tesladin with Foh armed with a yet to be created Crescent Moon RW.

T72on1, galtwish, Zyr and 3 others like this.
  2. ArtOfSenf

ArtOfSenf Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for being so honest and congrats to the pat first of all.

I can relate, I tried this build thinking it could break the spell of me not liking Barbs, but I just didntd enjoy playing it :-/. Good thing is: there are many more classes to play and builds to toy around with. Off to the next :)

3. NamelessPenguin

NamelessPenguin Diabloii.Net Member

Brilliant name! :D

Smittyphi likes this.
  4. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

Lol. Didn't notice the name at first. :oops:

5. Zyr

Zyr Diabloii.Net Member

@Smittyphi, congratulations on achieving your goal, and I, too, appreciate your candor. I'm currently leveling a Wolfbarb-to-be (I hope! First attempt ended at level 63 vs. De Seis &co.), and I'm already getting the feeling that playing him won't be much fun. I look forward to reading about your Tesladin/Fister.

Smittyphi likes this.
  6. Smittyphi

Smittyphi Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks. I am typically not so brilliantly inspired but that name just popped into my head. Don't expect any other names to be as brilliant.

7. galtwish

galtwish Diabloii.Net Member

I hate single attack characters as well. Wolfbarb is a lot like 2 Frenzy Barbs in one body, so it just runs around tearing everything to pieces just about faster than you can see. Of course, I played mine with 2 "Oath" runewords in 1.07 eth Balrog Blades...

8. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats !!

I don't like the 'hit one enemy at a time skills' either. So I relate on Berserkers in general. I do like my Pitzerker but that's an entirely different way of playing. The same goes for a Wolfbarb.