Patriach Commander

dustloop

Diabloii.Net Member
Patriach Commander

I used to play d2 about five to six years ago, then stopped because I was enlisted into the army. About two years ago, I found a copy at my old workplace and it was back to the grind! :laugh: I made a frostadin and got to nightmare, then got transferred out.

Some two months ago, I got the twitchies to do some obsessive gaming (read: grinding for levels) so I got a copy of D2. So much has changed! All these uber runewords make me drool. I dled RWM and hunted around for a good starting build.

Which brings us to Patriach Commander, a fishymancer. Bog standard build with maxed RS, SM, CE. I put a good 10 points into Dim Vision (tech!) because it helped tremendously against gloams and the like. Plus it was really useful in helping against swarms.

All items were self-found. I lurked these boards without posting so I didn't get any trades done. He's wearing a Harley's Crest w/ PTopaz (hell diablo dropped it), Tal's Armor with PTopaz (pits), carries a Spirit longsword and Spirit Monarch, and is girded with upped Goldwrap. Two mf rings (22% and 24%) and an amulet of teleportation for jewellery. Finally, he's got rare gloves and rare boots. The boots are absolutely droolicious. MF, frw, and twin resists. These dropped in normal!

Viper Hold
Demonhide Gloves
Defense: 47
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Strength: 20
Required Level: 21
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x5f06285d
+33% Enhanced Defense
+19 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +22%
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+5 to Light Radius
5% Bonus to Attack Rating
Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

Plague Shank
Greaves
Defense: 20
Durability: 24 of 24
Required Strength: 70
Required Level: 18
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 63
Fingerprint: 0xecfeae1f
+31% Enhanced Defense
Cold Resist +38%
Poison Resist +34%
21% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk

Commander was fun to play and a good way to get reacquainted with the game. I entered NM at 40 and hell at 75. I ran NM countess and NM Andy about a bazillion times in hopes of finding something good. Nothing much dropped. It was only when I entered hell and mfed the pits when all the good stuff started dropping.

I will probably be using him to mf the pits in future. He's level ** now and I will try to get him to 92 to gamble/imbue.

Future projects: some sorc build to run meph and LK chests.
And a berserker barb with a huge maul. I have Windhammer stashed away for him. ISO Cranium Basher for him but I will probably try to self-find.

Cheers and thanks for reading. This is a great community to be.

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the patriarch. I never really liked the fishymancer, as it is too boring for my liking, but I understand it's a solid killer.

As for the Berzerker Barbarian idea of yours. Those suckers rock. Mine put out 3-11k damage per swing. That, and virtually no magic immunes, means this guy is one tough sucker.

dustloop

Diabloii.Net Member
It's a solid killer on p1. Clears out the pits like nobody's business. I understand WSK is easy to run as well but I prefer to avoid it because of the blasted gloams.

The berzerker barb is going on fine. Level 28. Had my first death today to a flayer/shaman pack. I wasn't paying attention to my life bulb and the shaman fried me. Thank goodness for softcore.

cade88

Diabloii.Net Member
congratulations on the pat fishymancers are great for killing from the minute you get them all the way untill hell baal i'm working on my second one in hc right now first one died