Patch

Parsnips

Diabloii.Net Member
Patch

I don't know if you guys have already talked about the possibility, but it may be true. Some sites say that Blizzard has been attempting to create a "no CD" patch along with Warcraft and Starcraft. Here is a quote of just some info on the link

Sometime ago, I had reported that a Diablo II patch was in the works. Weeks later, I confessed it was a no-CD patch. Beyond that, I had/have no further knowledge of what this patch might contain.

Obviously, something must be amiss. Starcraft got a no-CD patch back on January 16th (Patch 1.15.2). Barely 3 weeks later, Warcraft III got a no-CD patch on February 6th (Patch 1.21b). But no Diablo II patch has been released to date.

The Diablo II patch was confirmed to be in development when Blizzard folks visited China to unveil the Starcraft II Zerg Race. (March 14th, 2008) - Medievaldragon

Even if there is only a "no-cd patch" there may be a chance that hacks won't be operational and it will take some time for them to be remade. Which is good for us!!

Something else to keep in mind is (and of course this is my own speculations :wink: ) is what MAY happen is that Blizzard could do a diablo wide ban 5 or so days into the ladder reset. which will include bans of keys and accts. It's a possibility.

Anyhoodle!! If anyone wants a link to the site, I'm in banana most of the time!

P.S Trebby is secks and Spade stop playing WOW already! :jig:

Tai.

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patch

Hopefully we'll get something, as long as they don't nerf my sexy new SF/Enchant build.

AgentMarth

Diabloii.Net Member

The only thing I really want, is Rune drop rates to be changed, and a simple to do TPPK fix. Bug fixes would be nice, but I ain't counting on them, and changing damage to nerf one thing would just mean something else would probably be overpowered, so I don't care for that.

I would also prefer if they banned people BEFORE the reset, not after. Although, it would be friggen awesome, if say, they did it during the down server time, and then watch all them hackers go to sign on when its back up to a banned message, major burn.

"The Ladder is back up"
"Let me turn on muh MH for more Pwn first"
*loads D2*
*Logs on to Bnet*
"Your account has be closed"
"Noes, i no hax! MH isnt a hack!"
"Quiet noob, go fail somewhere else"
*All of us laugh in the distance*

Parsnips

Diabloii.Net Member

lol! yea it would be funny too if they worked on their chars for a while using hacks then got banned hehehe :scratchchin:

MYK

Diablo: IncGamers Member

Inferno isn't bugged. It just won't kill anything before it kills you.

t'would be really neat to have skill stuff shifted around some more, as it could create a lot of cool new stuff, but I'd be just happy with a tppk fix.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member

I remember a few years ago when East crashed. I believe it was actually the easter weekend crash. Anyway, when it finally came back online rumors were flying around that the reason for the crash was because blizzard was patching TPPK.

The result was a lot of dead characters, as they rushed into public games assuming they were safe, only to be wiped out by a the usual healthy supply of TPPK'ers.

I credit my own survival of the incident to Treb, as he was skeptical enough to take the time to try and manually tppk himself before he took anyone else's word for it.

The motto of my story is, "make sure to ch-ch-check yourself before you wr-wr-wreck yourself."

You know, don't believe it unless it comes from a credible source and whatnot.

-hps

Stop dreaming.Blizzard will not patch Diablo 2.
As far i am concerned , they think TPPK is part of the game.They dont care about Diablo 2 players , wow is a better bussinness.

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member

As far i am concerned , they think TPPK is part of the game.They dont care about Diablo 2 players , wow is a better bussinness.
They care about getting the D2 players to play their pay to play games though, that's also better business. They won't accomplish that through poor support, especially given WoW's age.

Not to mention they still support BW (though we probably have Korea to thank for that) and it's even older.

I think a patch will come one day, though not necessarily (or even likely... I figure it'd be announced by now if it were coming) this time around, and it also has a decent chance of not addressing TPPK, as that's an HC only issue, and one they seem intent on ignoring.

Astronaut

Diabloii.Net Member

They will patch diablo2. They have been doing so ever since it came out, and continued even after the release of wow. At the very least, a no-CD patch will be released at some point, the only question is when.

Parsnips

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok here's the thing.....

Back in Feb, Medievaldragon from Diablo fans (he's a admin to the site which has connections to Blizz) announced that Bliz was working on a patch for Diablo. A few weeks later he confirmed that it was a "no-cd" patch. Not knowing that there would be any other content to that patch.

After that on March 14th 2008, Blizzard confirmed a patch was in the works when visiting China to announce the Starcraft II Zerg Race.

Then there was no news and the information died down. Until June 7th, 3 days before the reset announcement Medievaldragon hinted at a possible reset, and retold information about the patch.

The reset will be taking 6 hours. If I remember correctly almost twice the length of the previous resets. Also, if hackers know that Blizzard is patching hacks then it gives them time to prepare for adjustments. But I wouldn't count on anything in that field tho.

Just a little bit of information for you to play with!! :spy: