Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Build] Patch 2.4.1 | Season 6 | Firebird Vyr Archon Wizard | Gr 65 (up yo 100+) | Video

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by nanut, May 24, 2016.

1. nanut

nanut Diabloii.Net Member

Hi guys,

Today I will show you a Wizard build - Firebird (6) Vyr(2)

This build based on Firebird Archon build but have more updates.

In the video, I just can complete GR65 but it will show you gameplay and how it work.

Gears

You can switch any Set item between Firebird and Vyr (head, shoulders, gloves, chest, legs, boots). Which better should be used.

Please visit here for gear and skill build: http://www.d3planner.com/874365843

Why Vyr ?

Vyr 2 pieces gives you all Archon rune. That will be very impressive:

- Combustion rune: An explosion erupts around you when you transform, dealing 3680% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within 15 yards. Archon abilities deal Fire damage instead of Arcane.

- Pure Power rune: Decrease the cooldown of Archon to 100 seconds. Archon abilities deal Lightning damage instead of Arcane.

- Slow Time rune : Archon form can cast a Slow Time that follows you and your Arcane Blast and Arcane Strike abilities Freeze enemies for 1 seconds. Archon abilities deal Cold damage instead of Arcane.

- Improved Archon rune: Increase the damage of all Archon abilities by 50%.

- Teleport rune: Archon form can cast Teleport with a 2 second cooldown.

Ok, now you have Fire damage from Combustion rune to proc Firebird set. But you also have Cold, Lightning damage, and with Teleport - Calamity which I noticed at build sheet above you have all 4 damage type Fire - Cold - Lightning - Arcane. These damage types will proc Elemental Exposure passive which gives you more 200% damage.

And with all rune of Archon, you will gain tons of bonus.

Stats priority

This build has stats priority different with Firebird Archon

Int > Vit > CDR > % Life > % Fire damage > Armor > Resis

So why Life ?

This build has a very low Toughness. We need Life for more survival. Life will combine with Magic Weapon - Deflection. The more Life you have the more Shield you gain.

And to gain Life, you must roll for Vit and % Life wherever you can.

Put the Purple gems on Chest and Legs.

Gameplay

Gameplay no different Firebird Archon build. You can see my video for more detail.

In the video, my gear really suck so my Toughness was very low, easy to die :(

Legendary gems

Bane of the Trapped: as always amazing damage buff

Gogok of Swiftness: give you CDR and Dodge chance ----> more survival

Zei's Stone: work well when you teleport point to point to burning creeps.

Ok, that's all for today. If you have any recommend or idea, I will update to this thread :D

Thank you !

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  2. kyle.perkins.50

kyle.perkins.50 Diabloii.Net Member

I just got into Diablo 3 and my lvl 70 wiz 80ish paragon is alot of fun using 2 vyr. Although I only have the head piece for fb I'm only able to run about grift 18-20. I'm guessing once I finish my chantodo set that will help me out as well (only have the offhand, two of them actually). Halo of arlyse with bane of trapping is huge in this build as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nanut

Hi friend. Nice to meet you at this thread :D

Why you don't finish season journey for a free full Wizard "Delsere’s Magnum Opus" Set ?

You can visit here for more info: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20099644/first-look-season-6-journey-4-21-2016

For this 2.4.1 patch, I recommend you use Firebird Archon build for early game:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/77918-2-4-1-nerf-update-wizard-firebird-archon-gr98-low

4. kyle.perkins.50

kyle.perkins.50 Diabloii.Net Member

Unfortunately this being my first time at playing d3 I didn't know alot about the season or the free set you get :(. And I have 3 vyr 2 dmo and 1 firebird so far all on my stash so didn't really want to restart fresh after all of that. I'm.working towards that fb set! Best way to farm is probably highest torment rifts and grifts I'm guessing ? Also do you recommend the chantodo set if I already have the source for it? Atleast for leveling maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. SHJordan

SHJordan Diabloii.Net Member

any alternative for main hand weapon? i have it but already cubed, so it would be awesome to know,

6. nanut

You have no choice for mainhand and offhand. For this build, it must be Chantodo set.
    But this build is a bug exploit and will be fixed next patch, so I recommend you should consider for another :D
    Thanks!

7. nanut

Sorry for lately reply :(
    If you are a newbie, I think you should find a public group. Your party will help you alot for looting or leveling.
    Free Set - I mean you must finish Seasonal journey for reward. It will give you 6 pieces of DMO Set (for Wizard). It will not avalable for non-season character.

And Chantodo (2 pieces) is the core items of this build. You must use them (when you get both), before that you can use any item you want :D