Patch 1.12, Macs, RRM and RWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Patch 1.12, Macs, RRM and RWM

I have posted this in a thread ot two already, but as the posts are probably buried pages down by now, I think it warrants a new thread.

I don't know how many of you play under Mac OS (I'm not counting on a Windows partition here) and what OS versions you have. If you do play under Mac OS you have probably worked out by now that the RWM file hosted by Cat will not work with 1.12. This patch is supposed to sort out the problems playing on an Intel Mac under Rosetta. If you have been playing under a Windows partition and want to play on Mac OS, the lack of RRM RWM may be a deciding factor.

Although the forum is being slow in the uptake of 1.12 the edict that nothing can be taken back to 1.11b will mean that eventually we will all go to 1.12. As the big taders and MPers go to 1.12 (dune, Jae), so will everyone else. Potentially the Mac users will be stuck with a choice of 1.11b RWM or 1.12 vanilla.

As we can't use the direct -txt mods on a Mac, Cat packaged the mods directly into the patch file. So RWM is stuck at 1.11b. If you are wondering whatever happened to RRM for Macs, it was withdrawn due to display issues. However I think these issues are also present in the windows version - +2 to Assassin Skills just displays as +2, the Key of Terror displays as Diablo's Horn and possibly others. ATMA (and I assume GoMule) reads them in correctly. I'm going to try to re-package the mods for 1.12, but I'm not sure I can run the required program on my machine (it requires 10.4 Tiger or better, and I'm running 10.3.9)

Where I need help:
- Who is playing D2 on a Mac? Please let me know your hardware and OS version.
- If someone is running 10.4 or better and want to have a go at packaging the files, please let me know. I can provide the gist of what to do and the links for the software.
- I'm going to try and package the mod using a windows MPQ tool on a PC. I believe that when you use the direct -txt on a PC it generates the .bin files separately. I think the MPQ files are basically the same, so maybe I can get it working this way. I may need someone to e-mail me these files for 1.12.
- Anyone with more experience than me of doing this, please help!

Thanks,

max

(1.25GHz 15" PowerBook G4, Max OS 10.3.9)

silospen

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Patch 1.12, Macs, RRM and RWM

Hey Max, I already have an MPQ prepackaged with RWM on my computer. It should work with 1.12 just fine, I can upload it and mail you a linky. This was my original plan to "fix" Mac RRM, but I figured downloading all the MPQs would be quite a task for the average person. But in this case it should be fine (I think it's just D2Exp.mpq, right?).

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

Although the forum is being slow in the uptake of 1.12 the edict that nothing can be taken back to 1.11b will mean that eventually we will all go to 1.12. As the big taders and MPers go to 1.12 (dune, Jae), so will everyone else. Potentially the Mac users will be stuck with a choice of 1.11b RWM or 1.12 vanilla.
More vanilla players? Hooray!

Egh, probably not. Packing a simple txt mod like RWM into mpq is easy.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player

Hey Max, I already have an MPQ prepackaged with RWM on my computer. It should work with 1.12 just fine, I can upload it and mail you a linky. This was my original plan to "fix" Mac RRM, but I figured downloading all the MPQs would be quite a task for the average person. But in this case it should be fine (I think it's just D2Exp.mpq, right?).
I think so, but it quite a while since I tinkered withthe files myself. It probably just need renaming. If you post a link, I'll test it this weekend.

@Hrus: True, but we would all be RRM RWM tainted anyway...

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member

The patch is normally in the d2_Patch.mpq, AFAIK I think this "overwrites" files from other mpq files.
So I doubt editing the D2exp.mpq will work, not to mention that file is much larger as a updated d2_patch.mpq file.

Randall

silospen

Diabloii.Net Member

Max, I think it could well be the Patch_d2.mpq. If so, that's only 2mb, so I'll mail it to your maxicekuk (at) googlemail (dot) com address now.

Sorry, It was a while ago that I packaged it :)

Ack, Gmail is being a pain at the mo, I'll send it in a few mins when it sorts itself out.

Edit: Cheers Randall :)

Edit edit: Sent.

silospen

Diabloii.Net Member

Was it packaged with 1.12 ?
Nope, but 1.12 didn't modify the MPQs (much) as far as I'm aware?

Got off my butt and got 1.12 working. My original MPQ seems to work fine. *seems*.

Last edited:

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm on a MacBook, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Memory, Mac OS X Version 10.4.11.

Not sure if I could do anything to help other than testing though, I have no programming knowledge whatsoever.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Don't mean to rain on your parade here, but the SPF has never a) been the place to discuss mod making and b) allowed people to PM/email altered game files around.

I know you're all a little excited by the whopping new patch, but could you at least remember that the SPF has some rules.

Thanks.

If someone wants to make an updated rwm/rrm then fine. Bring it to us for clearance. Don't just pm stuff around; that's what 'lesser' forums do. The ones that allow editors/hacks/cheats made by any one.

Status
Not open for further replies.