Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pat Thread: Zealer

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by kent, Dec 7, 2015.

1. kent

kent Diabloii.Net Member

lvl 86

Strength 112
    Dexterity 113
    Vitality 285
    Energy 15

Skills:
    zeal 20
    sacrifice 20
    Fanaticism 20
    Holy shield 20
    Blessed aim 6
    Defiance 3
    Vengeance 1

Gear:
    upped Fleshrender with shael rune
    rhyme Grim Shield
    Lionheart Gothic Plate
    Tal Rasha's w/ jewel of fervor
    IK gloves
    IK belt
    Tearhaunch
    Amulet (rare): +1 to Paladin Skill Levels, 5% Bonus to Attack Rating, +16 to Energy, +7 to Mana, All Resistances +10, Damage Reduced by 1, +5 to Light Radius
    Ring1 (rare): +8 to Minimum Damage, +3 to Strength, +23 to Life, +5 to Mana, All Resistances +5
    Ring2 (rare): +102 to Attack Rating, 7% Life stolen per hit, +9 to Life, Fire Resist +10%, Poison Resist +8%

Might merc
    arioc's needle
    rattlecage
    tal rasha's with p topaz

Thanks to SPF for helping me get my second mat/pat. Really enjoyed this character. Had some problems with act 4/5 hell until I added a couple levels and made some gear changes. Moving onto my next character but would appreciate suggestions for where I can use this character for running later (countess?, Pit?). I don't think he can support much MF, but kill speed is pretty good.

2. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats again on your second Pat!

I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to zealots, but I always found the Pit to be the easiest place to mf with a semi-decent setup. There's always the Moat trick with Meph, but that's not the case for this char.

From what I can tell - wherever you decide to run -, you could use a weapons upgrade.
    I'd suggest you try and get your hands on Crescent Moon,
    until you come across Schaefer's Hammer or Stormlash
    - all of which have ctc static field.

Crescent Moon is not the hardest runeword to make(shael - um - tir);
    and you can cube up to um with not too much difficulty.
    Also, as mentioned in the other thread by @logoutzero, ctc Decrep
    from a Lawbringer(amn - lem - ko) on your weapon switch will provide alot of utility.

As for your merc, I'd suggest you switch from HF to Might,
    and with ias, and life steal, (and your decrep proc from Lawbringer)
    your merc will turn out much more durable.

I'll also suggest here another not-so-expensive alternatives for your merc armor.
    Treachery and Smoke. both of which are good choices until your find your end-game merc gears.

Edit: a quick look at the runeword list, I forgot to mention Obedience. Lots of mid-lvl runes to make,
    but with Obedience in eth-elite polearm, you could probably sit by and watch your merc clear the Pit.

Lots of luck with your next char, and with mfing with this one. =D

P.S. what does your resistance look like?
    P.S.S. possible update on your total charm stats as well?

Edit2: look here for merc gear guide. Battle.net related interms of gear cost, but a good read. Credit to @MageChick.
    Edit3: just noticed that you have runes up to ist. Crescent Moon, lawbringer, obedience and you should be rolling through the Pit. just watch out for nasty boss packs. Have fun! =D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  3. bodry

bodry Diabloii.Net Member

Countess will give you the much needed mid level runes. Oath/Duress will make you a killing machine.
    Mephisto can give you anything you need in terms of sets and uniques.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én X9180-el

4. DaveW

DaveW Diabloii.Net Member

Sup Kent nice PAt there. For a Pally runner I guess you will have to respec to Hammerdin and run pits. Not really much a PallyZEaler can run to be honest (maybe Trav Council with merc Reapers) . I guess thats why NightFish didn't list a Pally runner in his mini MF builds guide.

5. bodry

Countess and after really good Travincal runner. One of the bests because of Charge actually.

6. DaveW

Sup Bodry one of the best Trav runners? How u figure. Fabio's WWer is pretty sweet as is my Wolfbarb (awesome life bulb which is very important in HC) The bonus of the Barb is Find Item, effectively giving 2 runs for the price of one. How does a Pally rank against that?

7. bodry

Regarding speed a well equipped paladin is faster to kill the Council than any barbarian (besides those godly mapped and equipped Gripphon and Fabian barbs). Only blizzsorc kills faster them.
    Horking tips the balance in favor of the barb in terms of efficiency though. But not twice the drops, just +55% more. :)

8. DaveW

True bout the efficiency. But if Kent wants to try a Pally Zealer Trav runner for the fun (and the goodies that come with it), all good to that 2.

9. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats on you Pat!

Looking forward to see more of your mats/pats in the future! :)

10. kent

kent Diabloii.Net Member

Alright, been jammed up at work, but will try and respond to everyone's helpful tips.
    -When I get back to this character will look to make lawbringer on switch (with Phase blade?).
    -Crescent moon seems pretty solid, but is it actually that much of an upgrade to what I'm using? Does ignore target defense mean I basically always hit? I already have the runes for it, so that is a plus.
    -Want to make obedience, just need to find a base to make it in.
    -I am using might merc
    -resists are basically max fire and lightning, ~40% for poison and cold
    -don't have a full list of charms as I already moved some to other characters, but charms added resist, life, AR and damage
    -Oath looks pretty sweet (with a good roll), especially if I could find an eth base

Countess then Trav seems like a good gameplan! Thanks SPF.

11. Gynli

I am a huge fan of any ctc builds and items, so my opinion on Crescent Moon and Lawbringer is definitely biased.
    Though, it will definitely be a big enough improvement to your clear speed.
    What is lacks, however, is the raw power for killing a single target in a few swings.
    If you decide to run things like countess or trav, Im sure there are better options.

As per the ignore target defense, yes you should be able to hit almost always, as long as you don't toss away all sources of ar. But with enchant from obedience, you won't even need it.

good luck=)

12. bodry

One thing to remember: ITD doesn't work on Superuniques and bosses, so it won't help you kill the Countess and the 3 main bosses at Travincal. Also don't start Travincal without Oath. You will need raw power for that place, to kill them efficiently at players 3.

13. maareek

maareek Diabloii.Net Member

Ignore target defense gives you max chance to hit (95%) against almost any monster (just covering bases here, it's possible level penalties could give you less than 95% in some cases) of less than Champion class, which is to say any named monster (Booze Bile the Odorous, Puke Spill the Putrescent, things of that ilk plus Pindleskin and other superuniques as well as Baal and other bosses) plus Champion monsters.

14. Gynli

@ above: really!? I learned something today =P.

15. maareek

maareek Diabloii.Net Member

Just in case anyone cares to know and doesn't already, here's a bit more on the subject. The formula that calculates the chance to hit is the following:
    Code:
    Chance to Hit = 100 * AR / (AR + DR) * 2 * alvl / (alvl + dlvl)

AR=Attack Rating; alvl=Level of Attacker; dlvl=Level of Defender; DR=Defense Rating

Which means that if you had a level 83 character with 2000 Attack Rating attacking a level ** minion-type monster with 3000 Defense Rating, that character would have a 39% chance to hit. Using a weapon with Ignore Target Defense would set the Defense Rating to 0, making the chance to hit now 97%, which rounds down to 95%, the maximum the game allows.

Example:
    Code:
    no ITD: (100*2000/(2000+3000))*(2*83/(83+**))=38.83%
    ITD:    (100*2000/(2000+0))*(2*83/(83+**))=97.07%
    So it's certainly possible to have a less than maximal chance to hit against a monster affected by ITD, depending on level, but the bonus is so strong that even a level 53 character with 2000 AR would have a 75% chance to hit a level ** minion.