Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pat Thread: Fishymancer

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by kent, Dec 19, 2015.

1. kent

kent IncGamers Member

Pretty cookiecutter... but happy to have my third Pat/Mat, definitely making progress on my sept! I found the build slow, but was fun to be able to quest with a significant chunk of mf. Also found a couple of pieces of equipment that should be beneficial for future builds (reapers, occulus, some more charms).

lvl 82

Strength: 100/106
    Dexterity: 45/52
    Vitality: 320/320
    Energy: 35/45
    HP: 836/965
    Mana: 207/237
    Stamina: 465/465
    Defense: 11/1112
    AR: 180/256

Skills:
    raise skeleton 20
    skeleton mastery 20
    1 in revive + other summoning skills
    1 in various curses
    20 in corpse explosion
    1 in bone armour
    19 in bone wall

Gear:
    wand with +2 necro skills
    tarnhelm w p topaz
    skulder's ire w p topaz
    lidless wall with p diamond
    chanceguard
    tearhaunch
    nightsome
    +2 summoning skills amulet
    ring 1: rare with 40 life and 11 to all resisteance
    ring 2: +13 to all resistance

charms: life, resists and mf

might merc
    arioc's needle
    rattlecage
    tal rasha's with p topaz

2. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

Well that was quick =P

Congrats on another mat/pat.

I'm surprised you didn't bother with an insight on your merc though, iirc CE costs alot of mana... =P

Also, I've a question seeing that you can quest through sooo fast.
    Do you have any personal restrictions when questing through?
    Like player settings, reruns, full clears, or no S&E to avoid death and such?

3. kent

kent IncGamers Member

I didn't fully quest through, was parked after nightmare. So was just hell. I have all my characters at least through normal. Don't do any restrictions on player setting reruns or full clear. I don't S&E to avoid death as I find that a bit cheesy and I'm playing SC, so if I die it is frustrating but not critical. My only personal restrictions are self-found within the sept and everything solo.

4. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

The Ole Fishymancer. Nice one Kent. Safe as Houses this guy. I use my Fishy to run WSK 2 and 3. I use DV to shut crowds down and CE to finish off. Its HC so I need some form of Crowd control. Wat did u use? Attract? Where u raising skellies? Pindles Garden is good. And wats up next? When U sept your Pats/Mats may I suggest doing the same HC, using the Fishymancer as the first. He will net u some good stuff.

5. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Wat was the merc using b4 Ariocs? Dude if you can make him an Obedience. 5 socket Polearm. Will smash monsters after that. Eth is better too of course.

6. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

The enchant works on skeletons too right? Would that be mainly for AR buff or will the fire damage stack up with enough to a fair amount with the number of summons?

Edit:
    Im gonna go look up a skelliemancer that's fully decked. Wonder how much you can buff up the minions.
    I wonder if full on summoner with no CE will work. No amount of + skills on summons will ever out perform CE; but by how much I wonder?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  7. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

Enchant only procs on whomever is wielding the 'Obedience', so the merc is the only one who gets the bonus to AR and fire damage. Yes, the AR is the big ticket, but the fire damage at slvl21 (iirc) is nothing to discount. If you put it in an elite eth-base, and keep ias break points in mind, your merc will likely be much more efficient at getting that first body, which is what he does for fishy.

Unfortunately, skellies tend to lack the damage to be a stand-alone army. Around hell a4 they pretty much stop damaging without AD or some aura boosting them. By the chaos sanctuary, even that barely works. They still are awesome meat-shields right up until the end, though.

Lost my quote bubble, but someone mentioned curses... If you still feel a need of safety, but want damage boost from your curse, decrep is good paired with attract. Something about attract doesn't over-write in place curses, or vice versa... Anyway, decrep+attract is what I used on my HC fishy, and I remember feeling quite happy with that over full control or damage cursing (I suppose amp+attract would work even better, but I liked the extra safety of decrep).

8. kent

kent IncGamers Member

long overdue reply...
    Generally just used skellies for crowd control, but sometimes used attract when starting out. I used pindles garden when I had it available. Otherwise I just went to act 1 to get started.

I still have a way to go to finish the sept before I start thinking about HC, to be honest, not sure I'm going to give HC a try, but I want to finish the sept before I think about. Next in the sept is Sorc, normal was a drag, nightmare was fun, just starting in hell and it seems like it might be a grind. Just found a homunculus which should be a nice upgrade if I try and do some runs with this character.

Still looking for base for obedience... I think part of the problem was I had quite a bit of mf. before ariocs I was using reapers.

9. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Reapers on a Fishy merc? Not needed dude. Amp for the win, decrip for the safety factor, espec. against Listers mob. If heading to Baal, get a Clay Golem for the slowing effect. Personally for Baal I use CG+Decrip+Kelpie (upped, unless u have Obedience) + Duress and Guilliames Face for CB. End of Baal. (Can even use Rattlecage too for CB)

10. Gynli

Gynli IncGamers Member

Another good thing about Obedience is that it doesn't take high end runes to make. And any elite base will work until you find your eth Thresher. Handful of clears in the Pits with as little mf as you can wear will net you an elite base. Don't forget you have a shot at rolling the sockets with a cube recipe. =)