Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Passives over Strafe..good idea?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by SpaceFalcon, Aug 31, 2006.

1. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

Passives over Strafe..good idea?

I have a current PvM bowazon that mostly focuses on very high dex and low Vit/No Energy, using ALOT of Poison GC's and Perf Emeralds.

USWEST Ladder
    bowazon with the following skills.
    Level 62
    Bow skills:
    MultiShot - 20
    Strafe - 10
    All other bow skills are set to 1 (That were required to get those 2)
    As mentioned earlier in another thread i've made I am using Strafe for a boss killer.

Passives:
    http://tinyurl.com/ozlok
    Took a screenshot because theres to many to type (This is with NO +1 skill equips on)

So now that you know my skills question is, should I add passives instead? mostly focusing on Critical Strike and Dodge (Maybe Peirce) I hope this was detailed enough.

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

if you ever rebuild....max strafe...you don't need to max multi...10-14 is enough with even a few +skills....dump the poison charms and grab some max damage charms...every time another arrow hits a monster the posion counter is reset.

3. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

Bah, other thread people were telling me that poison charms were the best for ele damage, and multi/strafe should be maxed. This always happens, someone has a completly opposite opinnion.

Guess i'll just go with what I think I like.

4. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Max Multi,Strafe and top up on Psdscs.

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

unless you have huge mana leech, it is not a good idea to max multi....it is still an effective skill with < 20 points invested(remember that only a single arrow can hit each monster from every volley)...i try to aim for 16 after skills.

a single poison damage charm is all you need to carry to prevent monster life regen...max damage charms are far superior to poison damage charms...don't let the lying character screen tell you otherwise...even fire and light charms mat be better to carry than poison....they do not have a counter...every hit will carry the full damage...some people don't realize that the counter is reset for poison for every hit(adding only a small fraction of listed damage)....a bow amazon is a fast hitting character...don't use those charms unless you have a specialized build like a sniper...she attacks from the edge of the screen and then let's the poison kill...they are fun to play but can be slow.

strafe is the one skill that should be max.

people this is 1.11 not 1.09...a GA burizon carrying a full inventory of psdm charms won't work anymore. :rolleyes: