passion runeword for whom?

dem

Diabloii.Net Member
passion runeword for whom?

i just completed the runes for a passion weapon.

problem is i really dont know what weapon or what character build it's good for.

is it good coz of the +1 zeal?

u guys have any personal experiences with this runeword?

thanks

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Enchantress is probably the one that benefits most from this. Either make it in an archon staff and get a might merc, or make it in a 1h weapon and get a shield. The 2h version will do okay physical damage as well as fire, the other one will be mainly fire. Curshing blow items are neat for both. I'd also recommend a bit of mana shield with more than a bit in telekinesis.

The berserk ability is probably useful for everyone who's got issues with iron maiden. Mostly paladin's I'd think.

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Either make it in an archon staff
A Shillelagh would be faster, and with an enchantress (especially the 2-handed variety) speed is vital. Then again I prefer the Thesher/Giant Thresher route for ultimate speed. The extra strength you need to wield it means extra damage. :)

The Zerk is just a nice as the Zeal for an enchantress; they each have their place. There was a bunch of discussion about what to do with Passion in this thread as well:

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=351941&highlight=passion

There is a pretty good collection of Zeal breakpoints in this thread (and some more Passion Enchantress stuff):
http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=361267&highlight=passion

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay... would you mind telling us what you made it in? I mean, you made it in a bow for all we know (don't laugh, it could actually make a half decent bow, though it would be a waste of the oskills).

You could make it in a spear and make a physical damage spearazon.

You could make it in a 2 hand sword (Champion Sword) and make a Zerkadin or maybe some kind of Assassin or even Tankazon...

Polearms/Staves/Mauls for Enchantresses, Meleemancers and Druids.

1h sword or maybe scourge or something, for Enchantress or possibly Assassin (A venom zealot assassin?).

asdfgah

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Liliel said:
Okay... would you mind telling us what you made it in? I mean, you made it in a bow for all we know (don't laugh, it could actually make a half decent bow, though it would be a waste of the oskills).

You could make it in a spear and make a physical damage spearazon.

You could make it in a 2 hand sword (Champion Sword) and make a Zerkadin or maybe some kind of Assassin or even Tankazon...

Polearms/Staves/Mauls for Enchantresses, Meleemancers and Druids.

1h sword or maybe scourge or something, for Enchantress or possibly Assassin (A venom zealot assassin?).
Lots of fun ideas there :D thanks :thumbsup:

Venom zealot assasin sounds interesting, maybe something to try out.

dem

Diabloii.Net Member
haven't made it yet, still so many possibilities to take into account.
i'll just probably base it on the next character build i want to try :)

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
Can a shapeshifted druid use the berserk? Of course the zeal would be relatively pointless with fury. I was thinking that if I made a wolfbarb, this would be an excellent weapon to use until I could equip wolfhowl, so as to have more than a standard attack until level 79.

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
The enchantress is best, but as i_s said, a tankazon could use it well, too. Maybe barbs could use it to escape the WW boredom.

Schmaleop

Diabloii.Net Member
I just found a Dol rune and can make this runeword also. My first SP char is a Barb and is currently using a 'Kings Grace' Legend sword. Would it be worthwhile making a 'Passion' sword for him?
He's currently stuck in act 5 NM. I can goto hell but he is no where near strong enough atm. If I made this would it be any good on a WW barb, and what weapon should I make it in (sword mastery)?
I'm guessing the 'hit causes to flee' mod would make it useless for a WW barb, if so should I just wait till I get a MF char high enough to find a useful weapon for him?

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
i have passion in a phase blade that i made for a barb called "passionAte" he is on hold at the moment. he will be a sword/ shield probably. i only made him because i wanted a barb who makes that "shwsh shwsh" sound when he zeals:D

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
I think a "Passion" Phase Blade in the hands of a good ES Enchantress would go far. Zeal + Phase Blade = faaaaaaast.

I have this fetish for Phase Blades...:D

-GG

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfgah said:
Lots of fun ideas there :D thanks :thumbsup:

Venom zealot assasin sounds interesting, maybe something to try out.
If you don't mind frequent trips to town, I think lvl 5 zeal claws can be shopped from hell anya. No clue how you figure out the number of charges it gets though, my guess would be 27 or 45.

I've also been thinking about making a zealasin with venom. What items besides facets, bramble, and trang gloves increase poisen damage?

essojay

Diabloii.Net Member
Passion runeword for whom
Funny how the grammatically correct expression sounds much weirder than the more popular, incorrect one. We're getting brainwashed, I guess.
lol, I was thinking of exactly the same thing!
Me too!

Oh, and I'm not sure why you'd want zeal on a sin when she's got such a similar rapid-attack move, aka dragon talon.

EDIT: v I guess you're right about making builds just for the fun of it. Of course, hitting the fastest reasonable attack speed BP would be of paramount importance.

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Because Zeal requires 0 skill points, doesn't depend on your boots and is just plain something different? I'm considering making some kind of fire or blade trapper/zeal hybrid build, myself.

skoolbus said:
I've also been thinking about making a zealasin with venom. What items besides facets, bramble, and trang gloves increase poisen damage?
+skills. In fact, you might prefer a +skills armour rather than Bramble, unless the Bramble is high end on the poison damage.