Passion kills!

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Passion kills!

I just heard on WLS (a big chicago talk radio station) that a woman in kansas died--from watching "the passion of christ"

we have out first casualty...i'm not sure if this is terrible or funny...I'm having one of those strange feelings where you want to laugh because it's terrible kinda things.

is the movie that bad? is it so deeply moving it gives people heart attacks? It's opening day! seriously, could this be so moving and shocking that more might die? i havne't seen it and now I'm pretty sure I don't want to expose myself to something like that. (I'm not scared Ill die, i just don't think i want to be that moved...)

What a bunch of crap. Movies don't kill people. We have the usual media slant going on here, is all.
It's like blaming video games on Columbine. Games don't pull triggers, people do. Movies don't stop hearts, bad health does.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw the movie and made it out alive, it is quite graphic though, I know a number of people had to leave the theatre to vomit.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Ebert calls it the most violent movie he has ever seen. Gibson isn't pulling any punches, evidently, and that kind of visual stimulation could overload an already weakened heart in an excitable fat person.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
Haha, an excitable fat person? For some reason, that phrase made me laugh. I think I am just too tired.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Durf, where do you come up with your endless supply of grade-A signature quote material?!?

"You need to get more gruntled"

"I for one welcome the arrival of our new baby overlords."

"Another graduate of the angry talk radio school of economics." (or something... memory is going)

"that kind of visual stimulation could overload an already weakened heart in an excitable fat person."

Truly... keep up the surprises!

As for this "passion" thing, blech. As an athiest, this movie is irrelevant to me. And if somebody died watching it, how about this: It was just their TIME to go? Everybody dies while doing something. "Oh, bob died in his sleep. WOW! SLeep kills!!" If this person had a heart attack while watching the movie... guess what... they may have had the heart attack at the same time if they chose to play croquet instead. Media slant. Game, set, match.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
alot of people who hide themselves from media violence are going to see this

they can't keep holding their fingers in their ears and singing if it's about Jesus, they just gotsta sees it

Drosselmeier

Diabloii.Net Member
Didn´t God smite some of the crew during filming as well? I think I´ll just stay away from the Passion. You never know...

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Drosselmeier said:
Didn´t God smite some of the crew during filming as well? I think I´ll just stay away from the Passion. You never know...
Yeah i heard that a lot of people got struck by lightning while they were making it. I think some of them migh've died....interesting...notice mel decided not to cast himself as JC...hmmm

th5418

Banned
Drosselmeier said:
The acter of Jesus got struck by lightning.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
BooblestheDorf said:
Maybe she realized she paid 8 bucks for a large popcorn.
Only after eating the whole thing. How long before the "pump your own butter" inventor gets sued?