Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Party friendly Wearbear - plz help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by det, Mar 3, 2004.

1. det

det IncGamers Member

Party friendly Wearbear - plz help

Hi all Druids

Not exactly new to this class, I had an elemental Druid in 1.09...one of the players adventurous enough to play them, I guess

Now out team of dedicated KTA players is forming a new group with 3 sorcs, a Trapper, barb, zon and zealot. I have decided to play a wearbear (not necessary to discuss the choice, where it seems obvious that wolves or windies are safer/faster killers etc...)

Seing that sorcs can dish out more elemental attacks than my fire claws could, and a zealot hitting faster than I will ever dream of, I decided to be the cuddly party friendly type.

20 Oak are already spend and everybody loves the boost in life. The idea is to sink the next 20 into shockwave to keep attackers stunned for +5 seconds. But what else? About 40 more points wait for distribution. Invest heavily in more summons? like a Grizzly? Or max Maul? Or rather an armour type?

Any ideas appreciated :)

2. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

might as well max maul + wb. and i'm sure a bear can hit fast/faster than a zealot. 4ps maul !!

besides, your team looks like it could use another tank ... though you have to be second to the barb and zealot since you won't be hitting much on lycantropy

3. det

det IncGamers Member

Yeah..speed.., I read in one of the guides that 6 Shael Phaseblades are the prefered weapon of a Fireclaw bear. BTW, the Barb is a Thrower..so maybe my Grizzly, the Valkyrie of the zon and sins SM will be the additional tanks :lol:

Probably will need only 10 pts in shockwave, 8 or so seconds stun should be more than enough. I try to get an ITD weapon..and have a Crainte Vomir that I can use at lv 42. My barb liked it: fast attack, faster walk, -70 (%) enemy defense. It should last at least thru NM.

Later on, Razor's Edge maybe, not sure if our group will ever have 6 Shaels and the appropriate weapon for them.

20 Oak, 10 Schockwave, 20 Lyc, 20 WB, 20 Maul, 1 in all summoned animals (no vines)..Hum Hum..need to be lv 80+ for that.

What do you suggest? Raise Maul WB and Lyc at the same time? Prefer Lyc over WB?

Thx in advance

4. VVanker79

VVanker79 IncGamers Member

Alternatively, if you're not going to be soloing very much and you really just want to shockwave the crap out of everything and make that your main skill, you might want to go with:

1 WB
    20 Lycanthropy
    20 Shockwave
    20 Oak Sage
    20 Dire Wolves
    20 Grizzly
    3 prereqs (ww, birds, spirit wolves)

5. det

det IncGamers Member

Nice name you have dear sir, :lol:

Anyhow, the info I needed is hidden right there: 1 WB, rest Lyc...and summons of course

Thanx

6. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

Even toss up here for HoW or Oaksage. go max griz he does beefy with how.

also note:
    phase blad need only have 4 shaels and two 15% ias jewels. you could slap in some ed% or whatever you want