Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Parking?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by imanoobersmiter, Dec 15, 2006.

1. imanoobersmiter

imanoobersmiter Diabloii.Net Member

Parking?

i think parking has to do with making your chars permanent but how do you do it? i tried just leaving my character open for hours but he just get logged out of game and into lobby...
    so what does it exactly mean and if it doesnt mean to make them permanent... how can u do that without actually playing

2. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow Diabloii.Net Member

go to act2,
    now in this order
    start at the wp,
    walk forwads fara in a striaght line
    you will arrive at a wall, from here click on your stash,
    this is called never ending and you will permently keep the game open
    the screen will shake when you do this

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You can do something like that in the Rogue Encampment as well. To the south of your stash there is a stack if firewood. Go to the south of it, so you can barely see the stash, then click on the stash. It needs some time, but after a few tries he gets stuck at the firewood, running endlessly.

Screenshot

The obvious advantage is that you can do this without any rushing, giving WPs etc.

4. Lowgat

Lowgat Diabloii.Net Member

Just keep doing it. You perm a mule by accumulating 2 hrs of total time logged on bnet in a game. If you start a char and leave with him in act 1 and he gets logged out in 20 minutes you still end up accumulating 20 mins. Eventually you'll get the whole 120 minutes.

There's two other ways I use to perm an act 1 mule. I have no idea if either way is a sure thing but both work pretty good for me:

1) Look for a public game called, "MULE PARKING" or something along those lines and join. With people actively joining it seems to keep the game live longer. If you don't see a pubby game like that then create one (I use 'Mules Vs Llamas' or 'Happy Mule Farm') and hope people join. Some people will join mule games to quest since they get extra xp with your mule in there.

2) When you create your game take a minute to leave the Rogue Encampment (don't go far - there's monsters in them there hills). Head right back in. I think this helps give the game some help perming and it seems my percentage of kept games is a little higher. It may be completely useless but I've permed around 40 mules and seemed to have the best luck with creating a public game and then doing the leave/comeback.

Oddly enough I also seem to have more luck leaving Diablo on full window mode and not minimizing it.

Oh and if you have a mule with items that you aren't sure if they're legit (ie. traded HRs, SoJs) don't use public games. Duped items poof more often when there are other peeps logged in.

Hope that helps.

5. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

you can also treadmill from behind your stash

i just make sure i use the mule more than once every 10 days, theyll perm someday :rolleyes:

6. Creep

Creep Banned

Even if you can't see any mule games, just type some of the well known ones in the join window and one of them is highly likely to be open.

Park
    Parking
    Free Parking
    park here

etc

7. GotFriana

GotFriana Diabloii.Net Member

What I do is join games with mule or park name that have been active for less than an hr, as soon as I join I go out of town and look for something to kill, then I talk to some NPC, I was having the same problem with my mules until I started doing this. Now I usually go to sleep and the mule is still in the game the morning after.

8. ffejrxx

ffejrxx Diabloii.Net Member

when i need to perm a new mule, i normally make

parking lot
    park it
    park place
    and free soj (just to see how many people will join and say "gib me freez")

9. GaArchAnGeL

GaArchAnGeL Diabloii.Net Member

Why do you guys make it seem so complicated? I just make a pass worded game and leave the computer, whats so hard about that?

imanoobersmiter how long after you make the game, do you get dropped out?

10. imanoobersmiter

wow you guys thanks for all the info i expected to be flamed with such a noob question and ill test it out as soon as i get home (at school now) anyways thx alot.

i dont exactly know how long it is but they never perm and i just lost a full account recently of mules so... ya

ne ways thx once again

11. pliu

pliu Banned

Join a normal duel game and have fun.

12. sungam

sungam Diabloii.Net Member

I go to the den of evil, clear some monsters frmo near the stairs so they cant come and kill you and then stand in the den. Haven't had a problem perming a char this way.

13. imanoobersmiter

thx guys i went home and just joined a perm game went outside talked to a npc and stayed there all night thx