Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pally/Zealer weapon question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Xeen, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Xeen

Xeen IncGamers Member

Pally/Zealer weapon question

Im going to make the Rune Word "Grief" for my zealer. So i started to hunt for a 5os Zerker axe or phase blade. Ive been tring to get one for a few days now and i came across a 5os Naga axe. The qusetion that i have is, will the Naga do just fine for the runeword/Zealer?

Thankyou..

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: Pally/Zealer weapon question

naga base weapon speed is slower than berserker so no

try pb fir indestructable with zealer so no repair cost

3. Xeen

Xeen IncGamers Member

With a Zealer, having such of a fast atk speed.. you realy see a big difference between the 2 weapons?

4. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

Naga and Berserker axe are actually same base speed (it's [0]).

A Phase Blade is so much faster than a Naga/BA that when it's made into Grief, the Zealot needs zero additional IAS from equipment to Zeal or Smite at max speed (assuming 20 Fanat)... With Naga/BA you're looking at another 20-30% IAS needed to reach that speed. Not that it's hard to accomplish, but the Phase Blade leaves you with more equipment options to choose from.

Because of the way Grief adds damage to a weapon, people often look to the weapon's base speed rather than the weapon's base damage. Making Grief in a non-elite base isn't unheard of (Barb players sometimes make it in a Zweihander because of the base speed issue).

As for base damage... Naga has 30.5 avg, Phase Blade is 33, Zerker has 47.5. So if you rolled a 370 dmg Grief, that becomes 400.5, 403, or 417.5. Not a ton of difference there. Again, this is why speed and other factors bear consideration.

If it were up to me I'd hold out for Phase Blade/BA - Phase Blade offers the greater flexibility equipment-wise (and yeah it's indestructible), and a BA is easier to sell off if you change your mind later. There's nothing really compelling about a Naga besides that they're easier to find; and it might be difficult to trade later on.

But, it's up to you, not me ;)

5. Xeen

Xeen IncGamers Member

I got a 5os Phase Blade and made Grief.. it was worth the wait.. it rocks.. ty for your advice