Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pally dueling?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CookiesnCream, Feb 4, 2004.

1. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Pally dueling?

I was just going to ask if it was proper for a FoH pally to say "Let's duel in Hell". I consider it to be BM if a pally calls me a "pussy" or "n00b" for not dueling in hell after I kill them in normal :) Well if I'm a noob for dueling in normal, well then you're a newb for relying on the -100 resists in Hell. So what are your thoughts on this?

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

That guy you dueled has no sense of logic. Ill leave it at that.

3. Knarl

Knarl IncGamers Member

Compromise and duel in NM. That's where most good-mannered clans and guilds hold their duels as it is the most fair. Hell is a caster's paradise and if a char can only kill someone in a hell game, that person is obviously not skilled as Foh has massive synergies that do plenty of dmg even in NM.

4. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

actually if you do all 3 anya quests the resists would only be -70. if you got a hoz sheild with a pgem thats -1 resists right there. it seems fair to duel in hell if you duel another pally or other melee char. if you dont have much resists that ur fault. its part of the game. norm and nm are for average players. hell is for the elite duelers. i guess it depends on the gear you have. i have hell duel gear. my pally uses 199ed GA, hoz, kira with resists jewel and thundergods. my resists in hell are 90/90/95/90 95 being lightning. with cold fire and light absorb. then i have my mele gear shaftstop, gaze, etc. some jerk in a trade game claiming to have an awesome FoH said duel me duel me! and wouldnt shut up. so i walked out there he shot one at me i was thinking it would kill me. it hardly phased me. then i zealed him in less than a second hes like wtf. i'm like thanks.

5. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I keep a 4 Topaz Monarch on my switch. Good foh paladins (in hell) will still hurt you even if you have 95 lightning resist with 20 absorb. You'll die in 2-3 hits, unless you have phenomenal life, or you are a wind druid (who should never die to a foh paladin). I stack 235 lightning resist over 95 (topaz monarch and wizardspike) and I am literally 100% invincible to foh (and those annoying trap assassins who like to cast lower resist).

6. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

You could loophole past it all and use a barb with two lightsabres. As for FoH, i dislike it for its damage, but mostly for the fact it never misses. At least other spells like fireball, tornado etc etc ( although i dont like them any more ) you can actually dodge. Anyway, when fighting ranged, charge + vigor is youre significant other.

7. shyaznxboy

shyaznxboy IncGamers Member

I agree with muteownz, that dueling in Hell is for so-called elite players (in some cases). In my case, it's quite a challenge to kill casters with melee in Hell. (I only play melee)

But if that pally asked you to duel in Hell because you killed him in normal, it shows that he lacks damage so as you said, he's relying on the -100 resists in Hell.