Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pally Conversion Bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by WebDragon, Apr 3, 2004.

1. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Pally Conversion Bug

I've noticed this bug about a month ago, and confirmed it recently when I made a pally to test it.

It seems that whenever a pally converts a monster, once the convert duration expires and the monster becomes hostile again, 1 hit from anything will kill it. :scratch:

I have tested it on nightmare cows where I usually need about 8 or 9 good whacks to kill the monster. It takes 1 hit to convert and then 1 hit to kill it after it unconverts.

I haven't found a mention of it anywhere on the forums, so perhaps its undiscovered?

Need 2nd party testing.

2. WebDragon

I have also considered that it might be a display bug with the recently converted monster's health bar, but that isn't the case. Once I convert a monster with 1 hit, doing about 5% of its full health in damage, I can then wait for the conversion to wear off and then kill it with 1 punch of my fists!

Has anyone else experienced this?

thx

3. WarriorX

WarriorX IncGamers Member

I seem to remember this being a very old bug for the paladin (back in D2C at least....) It caused a problem because at that time many paladins used conversion and thorns - this was before the 50% physical resistance implemented in Hell D2X - and conversion became much more powerful than it should have been. However, I was under the impression that this was fixed in an earlier patch... maybe Blizzard made their previous bug recur accidentally?

4. WebDragon

After some prolonged testing, :spy: it seems that the bug kicks in 90% of the time. I've tested it on D2C on the realms and on LoD single player. Both were version 1.10. Prehaps someone could test it on the LoD realms? Though I don't see why it should be different. In any case, this bug should be added to the list of 1.10 bugs.