Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Palladin Torch enquiry

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Mio, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Mio

Mio IncGamers Member

Palladin Torch enquiry

Dear all,

since I am relatively new to this game (have played only for a year-and still believe some of the abreviations in this forum are total french to me :eek:), I have a couple of questions regarding the palladin torch.

A part of my question should robably be posted on a trading forum, I guess, but since the overall idea being, I am a noob, and need an answer, I thought I post this here.

1. What would a low, medium and high pally torch be? What is the main difference in this?
    2. How available are these on the forum - say to trade?
    3. Is there risk them being duped? Would like to avoid any of that stuff!
    4. Is a pul rune a good trade for a medium or high pally torch?

Appreciate your response on this, since it will enable me to trade, while knowing what I am doing.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

On ladder Europe, paladin torches go for Ist at least, even rather low ones. There's probably no chance to get one for Pul. Perhaps you can get a very low one for less. Average ones cost twice as much and good ones can cost a lot more, up to a few dozens for a 20/20 one.

I doubt that low or average paladin torches are duped, but you can't be that sure about really good ones.

For US East/West, Ist can probably be replaced by 2 HR, as Mal is a HR there as well and Ist=2Mal on Europe.

If all you have is a Pul rune, better care about basic gear first and don't care about perfect items, in particular not about unimportant variables (like good defense for a Harlequin Crest). That will add more power per buck.

3. Mio

Mio IncGamers Member

I have a hammerdin, playing on Europe, that is at lev 80 now.

My damage is 7k-8k currently, with 10p left into concentration.

I have a Shako, 2x SOJ, Archid M., scab boots and HOTO already, and did want the additional 2-3p skills that you get from a torch.

I have one Pul one Um and one Ko rune. All have been aquired through the hellforge quests (which is more than many duped ones would be).

Thank you for your answer though. Now I know I have to A. do Rune runs for the next 3 months, or B. do uber myself...which I doubt my hammerdin will be good for.

4. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

That's where I can probably help you (*) :rolleyes: !

(*) Private joke :grin: !

5. Mio

Mio IncGamers Member

you propose a french pally torch? +3 in frog eating 100% US resistance

6. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Yes, and don't forget the wooping +300% to all Love aptitudes :grin:.

7. seralph

seralph IncGamers Member

maybe the best trade you ever can do

Why? Max first conc and hammer, then synergies. Since you are lvl80 no big harm is done so far.

for a hammerdin the +3 skills are much more important then the resis or stats are. Offer 1-1,5 ist (you need to have them first ofc) for the best pally torch you can get for it. Even a 10/10 is gold worth. This is much faster done than in 3 month. Someone i know did the hf quest with a highly twinked hammerdin in more than 6 houres. So its possible but a real pain.

8. Mio

Mio IncGamers Member

This means i need to find 1.5 ist then :eek:) have a pul, um and ko as highest at the minute...

Thank you very much to all for comming back to me on these matters...and oh, why did I not put concentration at first?....because i am a noob...realised this so late! Have 10 lev to top it...

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Getting to 90 to finally max Concentration shouldn't be too hard. Done all your skill quests yet? :wink3:

10. Mio

Mio IncGamers Member

Evrae, yes, completed them all, so nothing there to squizze out. Can just not believe I played 7.5/10th of the game without adding anything to one of the two skills needed for a hammerdin!

I gues if there is a "noob"el prize in being a noob...that would be mine!