Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Paladin's Temple: THE ONLY OT THREAD

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by HeavAngel, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeavAngel

HeavAngel Paladin Moderator

Paladin's Temple: THE ONLY OT THREAD

Just follow the rules. Keep it clean.
    Don't get yourself banned.

No Flaming - It will not be tolerated period.
    No Profanity - I don't care if the word filter *'s your word just choose a different and less offensive word.

No Spam - Don't just post to post. Give it some thought and post something interesting (and no, knowing that you just got up isn't interesting).

With that all said, Enjoy!

2. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

:eek:

why did u close the old pala OT thread ?

sure u banned a few vets, like the soon-to-be vet sir SDG, why did u ban him ?
    But a new OT thread is just taking up bandwith(sp) :D

-jordy :rolleyes:

3. ArcaneLegend

ArcaneLegend IncGamers Member

my guess is that the old thread was just...long. OT or not, nobody wants to read through that many pages of stuff.

i do miss some of the vets though...especially LovelyGods. guess we'll just have to get over that.

it's spelled "bandwidth", btw. ;)

4. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

I'm completely tired of seeing almost every post casually talk about clearly duped gear. This is usually concerning a runeword with impossibly unattainable runes (i.e. Enigma, BotD, etc.). Although, 3/20/20 sc's and other well-known bugged/duped gear from previous releases are also metioned regularly. This is not just in the Paladin forum. The only forum that seems to be proactive about discouraging illegitimate play is the SP forum. Strangely enough, SP is where the the potential for "exploiting" the game is much greater than on the realms.

I mostly blame Blizzard for this. By making the best items in the game virtually impossible to get for even an avid player, they opened the door for every cheat/dupe/exploit under the sun. That doesn't excuse the brazen flaunting that goes on in this forum everyday.

Anyone else feels the same way?

5. HeavAngel

It helps us, if you would as a member report these posts.

6. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

why should you be bothered if people talk about BotD or Enigma

3/20/20s is one thing, but don't have a fit at every mention of zod or jah

7. ArcaneLegend

ArcaneLegend IncGamers Member

the thing is, if u prohibit the discussion of runewords since most high runes are dupes, then u also prohibit discussion of pretty much the whole game.

8. corax

corax IncGamers Member

ooooo thats me. im a SP'er...not a duper :D

DOn't blame blizzard. whats the point of blaming them? they did what they did and have no intention of changing it. they've made t3h ubl0r words so people can make new builds and interest stays in the game.

9. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

I blame blizzard for making runewords that are way overpowered for the price. I applaud them for runewords such as "Spirit" and "Oath" but they didn't make enough low level and mid level runewords that is so desparately needed to attract legit play. Blizzard could have put more thought into these runewords before the release of them. The duping is just a losing battle but they could have at least made more attainable runewords to counteract the duping.

10. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

At some points there were some calculations about average estimated time it took to get a Gul from the Hell Forge. The number was then extrapolated from, to get the time it would take to get enough Guls to make a Zod. It came out to 10 years of pretty regular play to get a legit Zod. This makes it virtually impossible to attain a legit Zod. Hence, 99% of Zods (and other higher runes) are dupes.

And I'm not having a "fit", just discussing my point of view.

HeavÃ…ngel,

With all due respect, I'd be a little more comfortable reporting what I consider are blatant dupes, if you weren't so "happy" with the ban stick. :D

11. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

Could not agree more really. I also think that rune words could have been made with interesting mods without becoming completely insane. Having a-2 mercenaries providing you with insane aura is all very fun but I would have liked it a lot better if all the polearms RW could have found some use for some type of character, mainly barb. As it is, Barb have at least 2 weapons class/mastery almost completely useless: polearm and spear. When is the last time you have seen a barb use either one of this class weapon ? Honestly I have not seen one since before patch 1.07. I sure think that this is indicative of something wrong. I strongly believe that all skills of any character should have a way of being useful. I am not saying that a level 1 skill could be use as a end game skill but I think it's wrong that some branch of the skill tree are completely abandoned because they are unusable. Up to a certain point, RW could have fix it some. I am thinking here of some amazon skills that are like, the Barb Polearm/spear, almost never used because of lack of feasibility.

12. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Exactly. A great example of fun builds for a barb lost is pure throw barb or hybrid ww/thrower. Also a mace barb is just completely exstinct. Now for pvp they really needed to bring out runewords with magic resist because the absorb on the new runewords are a joke when you consider how much damage a hammerdin and bone necro do.

13. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Not entirely true. People who know what they're doing with Barbs realize that an EBotD GPA (polearm class) is the overall best 2-handed weapon for Whirlwind, and likely, for anything else. I personally have seen about 5 or so of these. Polearms are not completely unfeasible, simply less common than 1-handed Axe-wielders or Maul-toting behemoths.

I've also seen Fury Druids using these just for the Range 5 capability.

I agree with you here. I think the closest we have now is Spirit? And maybe Oath, if I remember correctly.

14. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

Granted there is always a few orginal players who would try none conventionel built but to make these built viable; it takes very specialized and often very hard to get gear. This makes them less appealing.

15. corax

corax IncGamers Member

not at all. IIRC any paly using skills other than hammers and FoH(in PvP) is non conventional

its easy enough to pick a skill you think looks cool ( charge, sacrifice) and run with that too see how far you can get.

For extra fun swing by tristram and try to beat the game using a melee char who uses only wirts leg :D

16. Herorion

Herorion IncGamers Member

I am a Zealot so i prefer zeal and sacrifice on PvPs. hard to chase vigors down but thats why i learned charge
    by:Z-lous

17. Zaural

Zaural IncGamers Member

Oh Great .... HeavAngel .... since when u become a moderator ? :thumbsup:

18. HeavAngel

Hey Zaural.....Long no time see....How ya been>?
    Dec 2004. :wink2:

19. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Hey dudes hallo.

This is not an OT issue but since I haven´t been answered in any forum about this I post here with the hope of a better response. The thing is I cannot get to any guide stored at the strategy compendium, when I click the link, it appears the message "we have split the forums in 3 for better performance ....click the link you fancy bla bla", so I do on the www.diabloii , although instead of being directed to the guides, its the forums page (paladin forum main page in this case) what comes up again and again.

Thanks in advanced.

Ferro

PS. Heav, is not that the Frygia Avatar? Tsk tsk ;)

20. HeavAngel

I've updated the Pally Forum 5 times already, since the forum split and the new server.
    A lot of post are missing. Guides that were updated are no longer updated. Post counts are wrong. I bought this all up with the Administrators. I'll keep updating the Pally forum until they fix the problem. As much as I can.

A lot of the Guides are lost. For those who have a Guide, I'd save them on your computers.

Actually, it was Suryl's first.
    :p

btw, your Avatar needs to be re-uploaded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.