Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Paladins and 2 handed weapons

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nesjan, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Nesjan

Nesjan Diabloii.Net Member

A quick question, i have a level 80 Paladin that i currently am in Hell as a Zealot with Fanatacism and Holy shield, i have fleshrender as my weapon and a socketed spiral shield. I just found a Bonehew ogre axe in The Pit and i was wondering if its worth switching my skills to accommadate a 2 handed weapon like Bonehew or should i stick with what i got and hope to find something like stormlash. Also if it is worth switching what skills should i use with a 2 handed weapon, any input will be nice thanks alot!

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

You'd certainly win a bunch of style points! I've seen paladin Chargers use a big two-hander, but I don't know if I've seen a Zealot with one. If I were you, I'd poke around through the thread of Patriachs / Matriarchs to see what others have done.

3. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/spf-mat-pat-guardian-build-compilation-v4.734413/#4

Check it out, there are a bunch of two-handed paladins detailed.

Personally, I love Bone Hew. My Blizzard sorc keeps it on switch (with two Hel runes to lower the strength requirement) to use the Corpse Explosion charges on Cold Immunes (like wave two of Baal's minions). She also swings it, hiding behind the merc, when he's taking on Lister. Great fun.

You could always equip it and try it out, see how it works for you. Since you wouldn't need Holy Shield with a two hander, it could open up some skill points should you respec.

Let us know what you end up doing!

4. necrolemming

necrolemming Diabloii.Net Member

2H zealots are fine, but 2H swords cap at 5fpa with zeal whereas polearms are stuck at 6fpa.

5. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

You could beat the game with either weapon. As noodle said, more style points for the 2-handed weapon :)

If you stick with the 1-handed weapon (and have not done it yet) try to upgrade your fleshrender: lum rune + pul rune + perfect emerald + weapon in the cube). And socket it of course. Or respec to get rid of your shield skills and rock that Bone Hew - it is totally a end-game viable weapon.

If you want to stay 1-handed but want to switch from your fleshrender, remember there are two decent crafting recipes to explore. They both have a +ed% roll built in, and the Blood recipe includes life leech. Try berserker axe for Blood recipe and scourge for Hit Power. If you can get over 200% ed, with some other decent mods (+attack speed, leech, +attack rating), you have a solid weapon.

Noodle likes this.