Paladin with his Griswold set - mission impossible?

Silverblade

Diabloii.Net Member
Paladin with his Griswold set - mission impossible?

Just want to share with you my moment of joys.
That my level 90 Frost-Zealot pally with his Griswold set had defeated the three mini ubers: Izual,Duriel and Lilith.
That was his first run, and to my surprise, he managaed to wiped all three out without using a single pot.

However, I am not sure if he is ready to take on the Uber Tristram bosses, due to the fact that minions will interupt his zeal sequence. I am thinking of using smite when dealing with the Uber Tristrams' bosses, and the best way to test it out is with Lilith.

Mission Impossible II is coming

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Paladin with his Griswold set - mission impossible?

Glad to hear your frost zealot is doing well. I had one last ladder, and I've got to say he was a lot of fun (this coming from someone who hasn't played more than I can count on one hand).

If memory serves me right, zeal is uninterruptible, however smite is useful against the Tristram triplets as it allows you to focus on a single target (without whacking the minions) and isn't ar dependent like zeal. For über Tristram, you'll want to make sure you have some nicely stacked resistances and a source of lifetap. There have got to be some guides for übering itself, and I can point you in the direction of the 1pt smiter guide to Über Tristram v 1.0 as a point of reference. Good luck.

rswt

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi,

One point of smite, dracs gloves for lifetap, and some crushing blow go a long way in taking out the ubers.

Add this to drawing them out one at a time, preferably meph first and you should have it made. It can be done with fairly normal gear - no HRs runewords etc...

Good luck on the torchdrop

*swt41

Grimey

Banned

Hi,

One point of smite, dracs gloves for lifetap, and some crushing blow go a long way in taking out the ubers.
You would also like to use a pally shield for beter damage and resistance. IAS is also a must. Seen smiters getting owned by mephs lightning bolts even with fast smite + life tap + 75 res with conviction.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member

If you could get confuse somehow, it would keep the minions away. Don't know of any source other than delirium, though.

prion

Diabloii.Net Member

take a barb with you & have him howl.

(requires that barb be trustworthy and not swipe your torch)

Silverblade

Diabloii.Net Member

This mission is about him and his complete Griswold set. Seeing so many thread saying that sets are useless, but personally, I think the Griswold set has a chance to finish the the whole game including defeating the three Uber bosses.

lukefojut

Diabloii.Net Member

The Griswold set is cracking! The weapon with 3*ED/IAS jewels and a Ber/Lo is a killing machine...

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member

I trust that your shield is socketed with diamonds? If not, fix that. Otherwise, as long as you have dracs, you are good to go.

Of course, use smite, unless your holy shield lvl is so low that you can't leach enough with it.

roshiro

Diabloii.Net Member

Its not impossible, but VERY possible.
I ran the mini ubers recently with very good results.
Only thing is that mine is a pure zealer / 1pt smiter

wrsx

Diabloii.Net Member

I finished the set myself, the 3 mini uber's didn't present too much of a problem, getting to them was harder.

I decided to make frostzealot and went with filling up most of my sockets with 4/5, 5/4, 5/5 cold facets and the cad with ED jewel's. Damage is decent, with around 6.7-7k range. Immune's are annoying, so I went with investing a pt into conviction. With all the add skill gear, I think conviction is at 12 for him. His physical damage is subpar at about 1.4-1.8k. But with the highlords and gorerider, it makes killing alittle more efficient. Soloing uber trist is another matter, I can go head to head with Diablo and Baal, by eating away a chunk of their life with my heaven's light, HoZ, and gores, then finishing them off with the full set. Meph is a problem if I don't have salvation on, but that really weakens my killing ability as I am reliant on my offensive aura, therefore a second person like my friend who is a smiter is needed.

Soloing hell in general isn't difficult, I've made it to baal on several occassions, although it's slow going when cold immunes are everywhere, he is able to survive.