Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Paladin str bug

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ganz, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Ganz

Ganz IncGamers Member

Paladin str bug

Does anyone know how to FULLY strength bug your paladin? I can only manage to get shield and weapon to strength bug. Also a COA if i am using that. But what about armor? anyone know how?

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Paladin str bug

You have to meet the str reqs of an item at the time you equip it, without the str bonuses it offers itself. That can be achieved by temp gear which can be unequipped later, as long as your str (this time including the bonus of the equipped item) is still high enough to meet the item reqs.

For example, if your armor has a str req of 100 and offers +20 str, you need str 100 without the bonus of that armor, e.g. from temporary rings, amus or charms. As soon as the armor is equipped, your char has str 120 and you can replace temp gear with a total str bonus of 20.

3. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Two easiest ways are to load up your inventory with STR charms and then take them away once you're fully geared up, and to use Pamethyst armor/helm to bump your str and then re-equip those slots last

4. Jake the Quinceeater

Jake the Quinceeater IncGamers Member

I strongly discourage this if you are on softcore as this can prevent you from recovering some of your items from your corpse if you die which can lead to multiple geared corpses which can result in loss of items.

I think the "strength bug" the OP was referring to was the glitch causing others to view your character as if certain items are not equipped. This occurs when you require strength or dexterity from charms in your inventory to equip your items. Thus for an item to be glitched in this way it must have a high enough strength (or dexterity) requirement for you to be unable to equip it with an empty inventory and you must have enough +Strength (or +Dexterity) from your charms to be able to equip it.

5. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Well its the same process either way...I think the OP was asking how he could get all his items to strength-bug, ie, how he could get his armor to appear "naked" as well as helmet and weapon and shield.

Since most people use light elite armors like DS or AP, which have much lower str reqs than things like CoA or a Vortex Shield, you'll have to make up a lot more STR from charms and stuff to be able to cross the "str bug" line for all 4 pieces. If its really that important to the OP, though, he could always make his armor RWs in something heavier like a Balrog Skin or Kraken Shell and just take the -5% FRW penalty

6. Jake the Quinceeater

Jake the Quinceeater IncGamers Member

...except that I recommended NOT removing +Strength and +Dexterity charms required to equip items from the inventory (which also means socketing items with Perfect Amethysts etc. is unnecessary). (The "naked" glitch would still work.)