Paladin Question

§Hex Vex§

Diabloii.Net Member
Paladin Question

First off, this will be the first paladin I'll have made during this ladder reason. I guess I'm relatively poor, but I have some items to build it with. What I'm asking is that which type of paladin should I go for? A zealer, hammerdin, or maybe a vanquisher?

Note, they both will be used for pvm, so should I really go for the max block like others have told me or should I just go with a pure vitality build?

I have some other questions, but these ones are the main ones atm.

Thanks

TeknoRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Hammerdin is the cheapest and easiest way to go. You can get by with relatively cheap gear. Look at the guides for suggestions. Nothing really beats hdins in PVM because iirc there is only ONE monster in the entire game that is immune to hammerdins and thus a hammerdin kills all.

I think that with any pali you have to go max block and then pump the rest into vitality.

§Hex Vex§

Diabloii.Net Member
Hammerdin is the cheapest and easiest way to go. You can get by with relatively cheap gear. Look at the guides for suggestions. Nothing really beats hdins in PVM because iirc there is only ONE monster in the entire game that is immune to hammerdins and thus a hammerdin kills all.

I think that with any pali you have to go max block and then pump the rest into vitality.
Mmkay, thanks.

With the max block thing, what would be a good amount of dexterity for max block with holy shield at say, level 85 with a level 15 holy shield?

I have a blocking calculator but it doesn't show any other types of shields other then those for all classes. Thats somewhat bad since I'll most likely be using a spirit paladin shield...

TeknoRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Just use this calculation

[(Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)]

Add the blocking from holy shield and whatever spirit shield you have and put it into the blocking part.