Paladin: how do these offensive auras compare?

TheNorthman

Diabloii.Net Member
Paladin: how do these offensive auras compare?

How does conviction stack up against fanaticism, holy shock, etc?

TheNorthman

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Paladin: how do these offensive auras compare?

Yea, but I mean how good are they? I know conviction is extremely popular. How about fanaticism? Is it less powerful?

TheNamelessOne

Diabloii.Net Member

They're all mutually exclusive and the three can't be directly compared.
This is very true, for example conviction is good with Vengeance becouse you are doing elemental damage and it lowers elemental res, whereas fanaticism is good with zeal because it boosts attack speed and increases physical damage and these are the focus of a 'zeeler'.

The elemental damage auras are not very popular, with the exemption of holy freeze because of it's slowing ability, but since you can get this on act 2 NM mercs very few (if any) people actually use it themselves. Hloy shock/fire are limited by the fact they just do +X elemental damage to your attack , rather than +X% elemental damage.

Decide what kind of build you're making and that is just about the only decision you'll need to make yourself with all the guides and advice about.

Last edited:

TheNorthman

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm playing with my gf who's a sorc, so I guess I'll go with conv. Now, which attacks do I use? I don't really wanna use just one, i.e. only veng. Can I couple veng with foh or something? I want a bit of variety.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

Yea, but I mean how good are they? I know conviction is extremely popular. How about fanaticism? Is it less powerful?
None of them is more powerful on its own. It's as with rock scissors paper. The selection of the main aura depends on what exactly you want to do with your character and which attack skill he is going to use.