Paladin Help

dkthomas29

Diabloii.Net Member
Paladin Help

I am fairly new to this site and am struggling with my character. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently in the Canyon of the Magi's, Hell Level.
Here is my build:

Character level : 83

Strength : 182
Energy : 16
Dexterity : 87
Vitality : 220
Stat Points Rem : 0
Skill Points Rem: 0

Life : 1005 / 844
Mana : 341 / 139
Stamina : 378 / 366

Gold (Inventory): 0
Gold (Stash) : 2050000

Number of Items : 22

1: Key
2: Coral Small Charm of Fortune
3: Horadric Cube
4: Preserver's Grand Charm
5: Small Charm of Greed
6: Stout Small Charm of Good Luck
7: Bronze Small Charm of Fortune
8: Stout Small Charm of Good Luck
9: Tome of Town Portal
10: Horadric Staff
11: Harlequin Crest - Shako
12: Guardian's Amulet
13: Griswold's Heart - Ornate Plate
14: Raven Frost - Ring
15: Bitter Grip - Ring
16: Snowclash - Battle Belt
17: War Traveler - Battle Boots
18: Dracul's Grasp - Vampirebone Gloves
19: Demon Limb - Tyrant Club
20: Gemmed Sacred Rondache
21: Butcher's Pupil - Small Crescent
22: Gemmed Akaran Targe
Mercenary Items :
1: Armageddon Veil - Giant Conch
2: Corpsemourn - Ornate Plate
3: Husoldal Evo - Bec-de-Corbin

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
You need to tell people what skills you use. That's way more important than the fact that you have a key in your inventory... ;)

dkthomas29

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
You need to tell people what skills you use. That's way more important than the fact that you have a key in your inventory... ;)
Thank you.

I use Zeal (Level 20) and Holy Freeze (Level 20)

Ihave Resist Cold at Level 20 and Salvation at level 20 and Holy Shield at level 5.

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Get a faster weapon. And a proper job. And a Girlfriend. Do you still have that moustache?.. Woops, got OT.

You could change your Helm to Guillaume's Face (set Winged Helm), and change the War Traveler's for Gorerider's. If possible, try to get a Guardian Angel as your armor. Herald of Zakarum could also be a great replacement for your gemmed shields (I assume they're Pdiamonded). The weapon should definately be changed for something faster, like a Lightsabre with Shael or something.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, that looks like the standard freezealot. Build usually shouldn't have too much trouble with hell. Killing just isn't the fastest but that's to be expected. And the problem you're having is...? Cold immunes? Or something else?

dkthomas29

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Okay, that looks like the standard freezealot. Build usually shouldn't have too much trouble with hell. Killing just isn't the fastest but that's to be expected. And the problem you're having is...? Cold immunes? Or something else?
I'm not sure what my problem is exactly. My character dies a lot which makes it difficult to gain experience. My Mercenary dies a lot as well. I use the enchant when I am facing immune to cold monsters and that seems to help a lot. I am playing character level 1 which should be the easiest but I still seem to be having problems. Is my weapons and armor suitable for this build?

Like you said, it is very slow and perhaps I am just not being patient enough.

dkthomas29

Diabloii.Net Member
Masas said:
Get a faster weapon. And a proper job. And a Girlfriend. Do you still have that moustache?.. Woops, got OT.

You could change your Helm to Guillaume's Face (set Winged Helm), and change the War Traveler's for Gorerider's. If possible, try to get a Guardian Angel as your armor. Herald of Zakarum could also be a great replacement for your gemmed shields (I assume they're Pdiamonded). The weapon should definately be changed for something faster, like a Lightsabre with Shael or something.
Thanks, I will look through my stash and see if I have these things. Your help is appreciated.

Tarr

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd suggest heavy investing in Holy Shield from here on up, when you do level, with only 87 dex and 5 points of HS your block % is probably pretty low.

dkthomas29

Diabloii.Net Member
Tarr said:
I'd suggest heavy investing in Holy Shield from here on up, when you do level, with only 87 dex and 5 points of HS your block % is probably pretty low.
Thank you. That was my plan! :)

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member
Have you gotten a lot of chars through hell in 1.10? If not it may very well be that you still need to adjust to the difficulty. Hell ain't as easy as it used to be in 1.09. A freezealot will never really be an ultra fast killer. At least not one to rival the stronger builds this patch offers.

Loading up on crushing blow as masas suggests is definetly not a bad idea. If you don't have the items he suggest that you use you might want to try to compensate with cheap runewords like black or strength.

The reason why you find demon limb to help you a lot is because your AR is probably pretty bad and you only really start hitting stuff with the >200% AR bonus enchant offers. The 200 fire damage isn't really a lot and should be barely noticable at all.

dkthomas29

Diabloii.Net Member
Nightfish said:
Have you gotten a lot of chars through hell in 1.10? If not it may very well be that you still need to adjust to the difficulty. Hell ain't as easy as it used to be in 1.09. A freezealot will never really be an ultra fast killer. At least not one to rival the stronger builds this patch offers.

Loading up on crushing blow as masas suggests is definetly not a bad idea. If you don't have the items he suggest that you use you might want to try to compensate with cheap runewords like black or strength.

The reason why you find demon limb to help you a lot is because your AR is probably pretty bad and you only really start hitting stuff with the >200% AR bonus enchant offers. The 200 fire damage isn't really a lot and should be barely noticable at all.
I have the lightsaber but I don't have the rest of the items. I do have the runes to create Black or Strength and will look at my socketed items.

Thanks for your help

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
Masas said:
Whats up with that? Someone asks for help, someone who doesn't post frequently, and you pop off with stuff like that? Not cool Masas. :confused:

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
jrlafrance said:
Whats up with that? Someone asks for help, someone who doesn't post frequently, and you pop off with stuff like that? Not cool Masas. :confused:
That was intended as a joke. Curse this interaction through text.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't know about the helm, but none of your other merc's gear has life leech. Having LL will definitely keep him alive longer.

If you have an Hone Sundan, drop an Amn and a Shael in it and watch the baddies drop. For the third socket it depends: if you can get a little Increased Attack Speed on your helm/armor I'd go with another Shael (an extra breakpoint), otherwise another Amn rune will help. Also, Shaftstop (exceptional unique armor) does wonders for keeping your merc alive.

San

Diabloii.Net Member
sirpoopsalot said:
Don't know about the helm, but none of your other merc's gear has life leech. Having LL will definitely keep him alive longer.
Nope, rares, besides circlets and the lot, don't get ll.

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member
While you're looking at runewords, a crescent moon phase blade is disgustingly fast and has a nice little ctc static field. Not quite as good on a frostzealot as a tesladin, but still useful regardless, IMO. And, I'd make a habit of using the enchant from demon limb at all times, not just when you're up against a CI. Get your blocking up, switch to a stormshield or a HoZ since you seem to be moderately wealthy item-wise.

If you lack patience, go make a meteorb or LFzon or something. They fry things disturbingly quickly.

-Isch

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member
Noobs the lot of you! :D

The problem your having dkthomas, is attack speed. demon limb with no fanatism aura zeals at 8/7 attack speed which basically translates to very slow.
From what I can see of your items, the only life leech you have is coming from the demon limb itself and the chance to cast life tap off the gloves.
dracul's are a good item, but at lass than 3 attacks per second, the chance of this happening is in effective.

20% ias will get you up to a 6 frame attack speed and 65% ias for a 5 frame attack speed.
Use the socket quest on the demon limb and put a sheal rune into it. Also, do you have anything socekted in the griswolds armor? That would take 3 x 15% ias jewels and with the 20% from the shael, Tudaaaa! 65% ias for a 5 frame attack.

im sure if you ask nicely, a few of the posters here would be happy to send you some ias jewels so if you need those, just ask!