Palabears anyone?

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Palabears anyone?

Hi!

I just read the palabear guide and it sounds very interesting!

Has anyone tried this build? Is it a nice build?

Thx in advance!

/Dec

koeraokse

Diabloii.Net Member
well I had one he was really nice and fun to play with, tho it wasnt very effective in pvp, he hit over 10k with botd tm and 5k with botd ba, it had high life without bo and nice def too, AR was a bit low but ok in pvm.. :thumbsup:

I belive it can be effective in pvp too if u build it right and use right equipment, I kinda messed up a bit.. :lol:

:cheesy:
*priit

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
koeraokse said:
well I had one he was really nice and fun to play with, tho it wasnt very effective in pvp, he hit over 10k with botd tm and 5k with botd ba, it had high life without bo and nice def too, AR was a bit low but ok in pvm.. :thumbsup:

I belive it can be effective in pvp too if u build it right and use right equipment, I kinda messed up a bit.. :lol:

:cheesy:
*priit
Seems like for getting more AR in PvP Angelics are a must + max/Ar/life charms!

So BOTD is the weapon to use? Has anyone tried Grief?

/Dec

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
I used Grief on mine. It really didn't help much. The characer is decent for PvM but has extremely low AR, even after Angelics.

Overall not a bad character, but definitely not my favourite.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
[exile] said:
I used Grief on mine. It really didn't help much. The characer is decent for PvM but has extremely low AR, even after Angelics.

Overall not a bad character, but definitely not my favourite.
Not good with low AR! Not even with GC max/AR/Life?

/Dec

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i read Zero-Unit's Palabear guide and i was wondering if a double dream palabear is viable for PvM. Skils:

Max Resist Lighning
Max Holy Shield
Max Blessed Aim
Max Defiance
10+ Conviction (just to get lvl 25 with gear)

Weapon could be CM Pb or Arching Pb of ias with total 60ias for 4fpa bear attack. Do you think max blessed aim+conviction would give a reasonable chance to hit in PvM (with other gear granting AR)? For LI that conviction cannot break we could actually leave Beast in elite weapon/spirit in elite pally shield (sacred targe?) on switch for physical dmg. What you guys think?

vietl0yalty

Diabloii.Net Member
i currently have a pally bear for pvm using

coa um'd/-15req 14resist jewel'd
archon fort
grief / exile
rare 24fhr 25str 46life belt with some resists
gore riders
bloodfists
highlords
rare life leech stat ring / ravenfrost
and of course spirit/beast on switch to morph

he works VERY well... very fast attack speed and the chance to cast life tap from exile is great... with enough deadly strike a bit of crushing blow 3.3k life (low ar but grief has itd) my life barely ever goes down half way and for physical immunes i have a merc with eth fort/eth andys visage and eth reapers (decrepify breaks phys immunes for a limited amount of time) the only thing i avoid is oblivion knights cuz thats a melee's worst nightmare

btw my inventory had a fair amount of 5 fhr sc's to reach the 86 fhr breakpoint which is needed imo if u are going to kamikaze into a horde of monsters and expect to come out alive

i also gave a dual dream bear a thought but it seemed a bit too hard for me to balance elemental damage with physical... plus if you go all out elemental what happens if they are lit immunes...

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
With slvl 25 conviction you have -150 fire/cold/lightning resists. Now for immunes this works @ 20% effectiveness so a LI with (100+ 150/5) 129 lightning resist and over are 'unbreakable' immunes in this case. The good news is that i did some snooping around at AS and checked the monster's hell stats (if it is reliable) and the baddest LIs are:

Bone Scarab (beetles) : 120 lightning resist
Dark Familiars (bats) : ditto
Burning Souls : 110 lighting resist

Since facets/-res from gear starts to kick in after immunity is broken it is actually rather viable for a double dream PvM palabear i think :D A fire/cold based palabear has a harder time it seems as there are baddies with well over 129 resist (frozen abyss = 210 cold resist) in hell!

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
IMO i would use Grief PB for PvM

/Dec
I had a Dreamer Pala-Bear that used a CM PB. I tried it wityh grief as well, and it just wasn't as good. When it comes to Holy Shock 'crescent moon' just cannot be beat. That's how it was in my experience anyway. I tired 'Grief' PB, Eth Oath Scourge (314%), and a Botd Zerk. The CM just hacked through crowds faster. The CTC static/ chain lightning is super-nice for crowd control is fantastic not to mention the extra -35 light res. It seems like it was specifically designed for a tesladin/convict-a-din.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Wmeredith said:
I had a Dreamer Pala-Bear that used a CM PB. I tried it wityh grief as well, and it just wasn't as good. When it comes to Holy Shock 'crescent moon' just cannot be beat. That's how it was in my experience anyway. I tired 'Grief' PB, Eth Oath Scourge (314%), and a Botd Zerk. The CM just hacked through crowds faster. The CTC static/ chain lightning is super-nice for crowd control is fantastic not to mention the extra -35 light res. It seems like it was specifically designed for a tesladin/convict-a-din.
Must try that!

Thx dude! :thumbsup:

/Dec

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Well according to Dragoon's charts a CM PB on a palabear with conviction on needs 45oias to hit 6fpa bear attack. Having played wolves/bears in PvM that is not a bad speed by any means. I had thought of ways to introduce more crowd control for a palabear and one way is to have a holyfreeze merc and another more experimetal way is to equip 1-2 carrion rings. At the statistics forums it was found that since the rings have ctc of the same slvl of twister, equipping 2 rings would result in 16% ctc slvl 13 twister. Whether this effect is worth the ring slots is debatable and some testing is required before concluding this is a sure way to simulate the druid 'shockwave' skill hehe. Could someone who made a palabear in PvM share their experiences and AR issues/chance to hit with both conviction and fanaticism?